edited March 2013
    George definitely missed weight. **** fat ****
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • verJJverJJ Posts: 3,992Free
    aboot time that was posted
    Wrist deep in your Grandma's cookie jar

Bet Record: 23-4, 1NC

• GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    I wonder if this is a more common occurence than we think or if this was a one-off deal. I gotta admit, pretty shady.
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,402Free
    That's **** rules are the rules
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • If gsp would have missed weight, the fight would not have been a title fight, I would think Diaz benefited more from this than gsp.
    "I'm not going to accept the fact that this was a loss. I've lost fights before, where, you know, like, I'm not going to accept that either. Herpa derpy derp..." -Nick Diaz
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,003Free
    That is some crooked stuff. It goes to show what they will do to keep George winning. If George would have had to cut that weight, he would have been even weaker in that fight. I am sure GSP fans will still justify this obvious injustice.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,619Free

If gsp would have missed weight, the fight would not have been a title fight, I would think Diaz benefited more from this than gsp.

Diaz was never going to win and GSP missing weight = more cash for Diaz. Diaz was ripped off by that fat **** GSP

If gsp would have missed weight, the fight would not have been a title fight, I would think Diaz benefited more from this than gsp.

Diaz was never going to win and GSP missing weight = more cash for Diaz. Diaz was ripped off by that fat **** GSP
    GSP would probably been forced to cut that extra weight, which would have made GSP weaker for the fight.

"Believe in the beard"

• If gsp would have missed weight, the fight would not have been a title fight, I would think Diaz benefited more from this than gsp.

That's true, I wander what Diaz would rather have, more money for the fight or a chance at the title.
    "I'm not going to accept the fact that this was a loss. I've lost fights before, where, you know, like, I'm not going to accept that either. Herpa derpy derp..." -Nick Diaz

This at the least, 20% of GSP's purse belongs to Diaz
    waikru said:

GSP would probably been forced to cut that extra weight, which would have made GSP weaker for the fight.
    This is also a good point he looked gassed anyway so this would affect him more if he had to cut extra and within the short allocated time but he gets an hour lol, it wasn't a legit title fight normally they take the belt off the line GSP should be forced to MW now.
    Bet Record- 76-43

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image

This at the least, 20% of GSP's purse belongs to Diaz
    waikru said:

This is also a good point he looked gassed anyway so this would affect him more if he had to cut extra and within the short allocated time but he gets an hour lol, it wasn't a legit title fight normally they take the belt off the line GSP should be forced to MW now.
    Exactly. LOL at those that claimed he is a small WW. He is having difficulty making WW.

"Believe in the beard"

• So_RealSo_Real Posts: 16Free
    No we know why we haven't seen GSP in Vegas for awhile
  • MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,124Free
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,063Premium
    lol, gsp was fat and out of shape... and still champion of the world!

inb4rustles.

seriously though, every fight has that 1lb for inaccuracy of the scales, except for championship fights so obviously this is suspicious... But unless we see a video of GSP weighing 171 and them reading it as 170 this don't mean ****.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage

inb4rustles.

seriously though, every fight has that 1lb for inaccuracy of the scales, except for championship fights so obviously this is suspicious... But unless we see a video of GSP weighing 171 and them reading it as 170 this don't mean ****.

He got an hour to cut down as well tho if he wasn't struggling why did this guy even tell Diaz's camp all this definitely suspicious.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image

inb4rustles.

He got an hour to cut down as well tho if he wasn't struggling why did this guy even tell Diaz's camp all this definitely suspicious.
    I agree. There must be some motivating force to have the officals bring up a last second change to the rules that only applies to GSP's fight against Diaz.

"Believe in the beard"

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,269Free
    This is BS, they can't just change the rules becase "Almighty Georges" is going to miss weight

GSP is ****ing huge, this is not fair

look at the size difference

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    GSP should be at 185 already.

imageimage
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,269Free
    GSP is like Rumble fighting at WW....except GSP is not penalized for missing weight......
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited March 2013

yes it would have. if the champion misses weight, the title is still on the line and he has to pay a huge chunk of change to his opponent and his camp

if the challenger misses weight, it becomes a non title fight, and he has to pay the other fighter and his camp a portion of his earnings

this scenario neither fighter was 171 technically they were still 170 because they dont round off. its weird
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    Shady **** for sure...I want to see a rematch kinda now with it being in cali and not Canada
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited March 2013
    **** a rematch. give gsp a real opponent. not a clown.

pretty sad when you had to grease and still get outclassed 50-45 by a sick, overweight gsp who also came into the fight with a busted foot. there is no excuse for that, there was nothing controversial at all about that fight, and your name aint frankie edgar. decide if you want to come out of retirement for the 2nd time, take the boatloads of money you made from not being able to hang with gsp for even a round in a y judges eye, pay off your taxes, and get back in line behind everybody else and earn a rematch by fighting. not with your punk **** mouth. save that **** for chael sonnen because at least that dude is funny and he can back his **** up in the cage.
    Just givin out the D
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
    Where's it say he missed weight?

yes it would have. if the champion misses weight, the title is still on the line and he has to pay a huge chunk of change to his opponent and his camp

if the challenger misses weight, it becomes a non title fight, and he has to pay the other fighter and his camp a portion of his earnings

this scenario neither fighter was 171 technically they were still 170 because they dont round off. its weird
    If the champion misses weight it's not a championship fight.

imageimage
    edited March 2013

sure it is

why wouldnt it be? then you could be the champion forever all you have to do is come in a pound over and not even bother working it off. surrender a bit of your purse, but youd never lose your belt. im pretty sure the title is still on the line if the champion doesnt make weight. just not the challenger.

can you find me a rule that states otherwise? if it was any other way it would be stupid. have gsp come in at 240 pounds against hendricks. yeah he might get knocked out, or he might use that extra 70 pounds to smother a welterweight, and he might have to give up a tiny portion of his huge income, but at least he would walk away champion either way right????

i also believe your opponent also has a right to decide to not fight you, with no penalty if you dont make weight. if you do fight, he gets a portion of your purse, fatty.
    Just givin out the D
    edited March 2013

sure it is

why wouldnt it be? then you could be the champion forever all you have to do is come in a pound over and not even bother working it off. surrender a bit of your purse, but youd never lose your belt. im pretty sure the title is still on the line if the champion doesnt make weight. just not the challenger.

can you find me a rule that states otherwise? if it was any other way it would be stupid. have gsp come in at 240 pounds against hendricks. yeah he might get knocked out, or he might use that extra 70 pounds to smother a welterweight, and he might have to give up a tiny portion of his huge income, but at least he would walk away champion either way right????

i also believe your opponent also has a right to decide to not fight you, with no penalty if you dont make weight. if you do fight, he gets a portion of your purse, fatty.
    Chael Sonnen didn't win the WEC MW title from Paulo Filho because he didn't make weight, so it does become a nontitle fight if the champ does't make weight.
    Post edited by waikru on

"Believe in the beard"

• fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    edited March 2013
    Dodgy mother ****

'Win At All Costs' should be GSP's new nickname
    Post edited by fobar on

fobar said:

Dodgy mother ****

'Win At All Costs' should be GSP's new nickname

Now we have greasegate and fatgate to complain about.

"Believe in the beard"

• LegrosfleauLegrosfleau Posts: 622Free
    did anyone see gsp not making weight in that video ? cause i sure didnt.
    Account bet victory:

Adambomber 3,800 posts : UFC116 Lesnar vs Carwin.

did anyone see gsp not making weight in that video ? cause i sure didnt.

No, the Candian officials changed the rules for only the GSP fight last second for no apparent reason.

"Believe in the beard"