Anyone tired of being lied to ?

SuperFightFanSuperFightFan Posts: 40Free
edited March 2013 in UFC
List the lie you despise most from the UFC

1. Anderson Silva Super Fight
2. UFC is a legit sport. No real ranking foundation is in place to be considered a sport like baseball, basketball, football, etc...
3. Fighters Promotions saying they trained so hard etc .. Only to find out they had an injury or didnt properly train right etc..

add to the list

ADDED BY MEMBERS :

4. Saying women won't be fighting in the ufc only to create a womens division based around one fighter. - Identity
Post edited by SuperFightFan on
Tagged:

Comments

• IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,870Free
    Saying women won't be fighting in the ufc only to create a womens division based around one fighter.
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Nick being the No.1 contender.. TWICE
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,220Free
    Keem said:

+1

He is number 1 contendor twice and he only gets one shot! da **** is this crap?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    edited March 2013

Keem said:

+1

He is number 1 contendor twice and he only gets one shot! da **** is this crap?
    I'm saying the UFC pushed, and pushed, and pushed to get the Diaz fight and I truly believe too many guys got screwed over by having better resumes and having more to offer to match up than pre-fight hype. Especially now when you can compare the competitiveness of everyone matching up against GSP. Diaz wasn't the worst but not the best fight either
    Post edited by Keem on
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,675Free
    I hate the "The GSP fight will be so exciting!!"

Straight lie, every time
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,176Free
    edited March 2013

2. UFC is a legit sport. No real ranking foundation is in place to be considered a sport like baseball, basketball, football, etc...
    3. Fighters Promotions saying they trained so hard etc .. Only to find out they had an injury or didnt properly train right etc..

add to the list

ADDED BY MEMBERS :

4. Saying women won't be fighting in the ufc only to create a womens division based around one fighter. - Identity

1. Every Anderson fight is a super fight because he's a super fighter :P
    2. UFC is as legit as sport as they come, unlike MMA. =)) btw they do have rankings now but they don't mean squat just like in other sports.
    I don't really see how rankings makes a sport legit or not.

3. They obviously did train hard because it's quite rare for a elite athlete to get injured training like a sissy. There are exceptions though like GSP. :))
    Post edited by StompGrind on
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,874Free
    Why are you so mad all the time SuperFightFan?

Maybe you should watch Darts or Golf.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited March 2013
    i only watch golf and darts hoping that a fight breaks out

disappointment every single time.
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car

I know all those fat blokes and pints of beer throwing sharp missles. It should be utter chaos.

• idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited March 2013
    back in the day watching golf used to be about happy gilmore taking off his hockey skate and trying to kill the other dude with it. these days people only watch golf because for some unfathomable reason, they are deeply concerned on how many holes tiger woods can sink his balls into. what the hell happened to that sport?
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,819Free

add to the list

ADDED BY MEMBERS :

1. Unlike boxing, fighters tend to move down in weight, not up, so superfights aren't as likely.
    2. MMA is a legit sport, they don't need rankings.
    3. 99% of the fighters train hard. Judge it by their weight, there aren't many fat fighters.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    This guys jimmies could get rustled by a slight breeze lol. MMA is a legit sport (UFC isn't a sport silly), and if you don't think it is then why are you on a forum about it?
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,536Free
    4. Rhonda might have been the original star that the UFC needed to base their WMMA division around but its got some really good fighters in Tate, Kaufman, Zigano, Kedzie, Carmouche, and is only going to continue to grow in strength.

People need to let the whole "Rhonda is the whole division" argument die because it's simply not true and instead maybe get educated about the other great female fighters.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• JudojitzJudojitz Posts: 21Free
    Perhaps that the fighters don't like each other.

4. Rhonda might have been the original star that the UFC needed to base their WMMA division around but its got some really good fighters in Tate, Kaufman, Zigano, Kedzie, Carmouche, and is only going to continue to grow in strength.

People need to let the whole "Rhonda is the whole division" argument die because it's simply not true and instead maybe get educated about the other great female fighters.

The ufc made little attempt to hype any other female fighter. If Rousey lost her first fight it would of made the ufc look silly instead of just another champion loosing. I'm all for women mma but the fights all seem kinda amatuer.
    Well she was the biggest attraction and the first fight scheduled, so a lot did ride on her shoulders for WMMA to get off the ground (at least in the UFC).

To be honest I'm more excited about the upcoming Cat Zigano vs Meisha Tate fight. Once that event comes around trust me they will hype the hell out of it.

Don't know what WMMA you watch but there is nothing amateur about the skill level of Rousey. Tate and Cat are legit too. Maybe back when WMMA first came up the fights were a bit of a joke but now they can put on a better show than the men at times. That's due in large part to the serious female competitors/athletes that have emerged.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

The ufc is supposed to be the top league, home only to the best of the best. WMMA was always struggling to take off so your casual mma fan will struggle knowing who is who. If Zuffa kept strikeforce and promoted WMMA instead of instanly throwing them in the top then WMMA would be less debated. Im just seeing it from the average guy's perspective. You can never sure of the uknown.
  • _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,114Free

Watching the wrong golf VvvV i like to keep my golf classy

My milk shake bring all the boys to the yard, and they're like "Hondas **** is bigger than yours, damn right its bigger than yours." Step to the GOAT 12er and get clapped up knee grows.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147483/the-official-anderson-silva-got-ktfo-5-stages-of-grief-thread/p1

edited March 2013
    Identity said:

The ufc is supposed to be the top league, home only to the best of the best. WMMA was always struggling to take off so your casual mma fan will struggle knowing who is who. If Zuffa kept strikeforce and promoted WMMA instead of instanly throwing them in the top then WMMA would be less debated. Im just seeing it from the average guy's perspective. You can never sure of the uknown.

Building an entire division isn't going to happen overnight. Although, Rhonda's card did the 5th best PPV buys of all time. Sure Hendo and Machida had a part in that, but neither of them have the type of national appeal/awareness that Rousey posses. That's not bad for the first womens bout in UFC history and it at least shows that the casual fan is open to WMMA.

Meisha and Cat are both pretty sexy chicks, so I think their card will do quite well too. Dana knows WMMA is a big component of the UFCs future and continued growth. Nothing grabs a casual fans attention like two hot women clobbering eachother, but in all actuality they are very talented and technical, so it also appeals to the hardcore audience that appreciates the pure martial arts competition, regardless of the accompanying sideshow.

IMO WMMA is the perfect storm the UFC needs to strengthen its popularity even further. And that ain't no wolf ticket.
    Post edited by Omoplataypus on
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"

I'm still on sidelines and hoping i'll be a fan someday. As soon as i pass the whole 'mma is a mans sport' way of thinking.
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,282Free
    jealous goat st pierre haters

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• Dark_HorseDark_Horse Posts: 2,035Free
    Blatant juicing/ weight cheating outside of the U.S. (Brazil, Canada)
    Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the Devil.
    _TUF1_ said:

They are tearing up the damn green!!!!!
    The Lesnar era was the worst lie

I really feel like Dana sold out on that hype too

Megumi Fuji

• FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,044Free
    _TUF1_ said:

thats crazy.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    edited March 2013
    Identity said:

Saying women won't be fighting in the ufc only to create a women's division based around one fighter.

Ya this one is definitely a joke,it wasn't even created for the FIGHT reason,it was a money grab,that is all Dana kept talking about was how big she was in the media.WAY BIGGER than Tito.Ok ya whatever,we get the point ,she is hot ,not like Sports illustrated is going to pick a nude Tito photo shoot over Rousey,wouldn't sell too many copies.
    I actually get bothered ,every time i hear Dana open his yap,he starts not bad,but doesn't take long before everyone else is an idiot besides him.Dana lies about 5+ times in every video.

Post edited by zaksame on
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,042Premium
    Or... you could just watch the fights and stop listening to the promos etc which are obviously designed to get you interested in the fights more then you usually would
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage