Korean Zombie on GSP's Gi

TahuneTahune Posts: 1,875Free
http://www.mmamania.com/2013/3/24/4142034/korean-zombie-georges-st-pierres-ufc-158-japanese-rising-sun-flag-gi-nazi

What does everyone think about this?

Apologies if it's been brought up before.
Grover- Future LHW champ!
Tagged:

Comments

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,727Free
    Dumb

Its an outfit
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    PATSTER said:

****ing Imperialist.

Cheater
    Doesn't cut all the weight
    Greases
    Fights Lightweights
    A nazi and imperialist

This guy .....

=)) =)) =))
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Hayden512Hayden512 Posts: 2,580Elite
    Is KZ serious?

KZ is mad gay yo.
    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 778Free
    I love to hear what GSP and his camp would say in response.
    If they say they did not know, that means they are ignorant and if they say they knew
    before they are disrespectful to the victims of Japanese which are as large as western world if not more..
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    Did he write Dana and Lorenzo a letter for using "House of the Rising Sun" on the promo videos?
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    KZ has a point, and this has nothing to do with me being gotten too or hating on GSP. GSP will probably put out an apology and remove the Gi

jduk said:

Korea is gotten to

Lmfao
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    jduk said:

Did he write Dana and Lorenzo a letter for using "House of the Rising Sun" on the promo videos?

unless someone reports it we will never know

• GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    Huh, guess that kinda makes sense. Maybe GSP will change it just to avoid any problems.
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,259Free
    no hespect i tell you
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,531Free
    Grease is a French Canadian that trains constantly for the sake of his legazee. His riddum is very important he's constantly cycling roids while Firaz pampers him with western grip hand jobs. He is always looking for that edge and what minerals or oils he can soak his body in so he has that golden shine. He is busy perfecting the van damm kicks and superman punches. Working on the best way to spit machida's piss into the air for his golden shower as he enters the octagon. If you can't grease you might as well spit liquid all over yourself.

Georges simply do not have the time to research Korean history and why should he? He's the champ... all time GOAT no one else will have a legazee like him.
  • WalkLikeAWarrior707WalkLikeAWarrior707 Posts: 6,005Free
    Interesting. I definitely agree with KZ. He's not talking **** either he's just stating the facts and letting everybody know. Many people including myself had no idea that's what it was
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
  • Madvillain8Madvillain8 Posts: 887Free
    KOOKORK said:

I love to hear what GSP and his camp would say in response.
    If they say they did not know, that means they are ignorant and if they say they knew
    before they are disrespectful to the victims of Japanese which are as large as western world if not more..

LOL do you honestly think GSP and his camp would actually come out and say that they knew what that symbol meant? HELL NO
  • sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate
    I like the second comment:

"He said he had to go to his dark place"
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    symbols mean ****...Swastika is a ancient symbol made evil by a tyrant in 1930s...same as Japs in WW2...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Japan
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,824Free
    is there anyone except canadians that gsp hasnt upset? this farce has gone on long enough time to strip him of his belt.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• NewGuy2000NewGuy2000 Posts: 1,618Free
    WarWest said:

Dumb

Its an outfit

No, it's not dumb. Zombie stated that the Japanese flag is perfectly fine whereas the rising sun symbol is a symbol of imperialism and militarism which has the same connotations as the swastika symbol.

You are African American, correct? Would you be offended to see a fighter wearing a swastika or worse, KKK branded on his attire?

I like you West but I don't know if you gave much thought to your post. I'm Asian American and when I see or hear about Nazi, Arayon brotherhood, KKK etc. - my blood boils even-though I have never been a target of racism from these goons.

• ijosefijosef Posts: 1,640Free
    A lot of westerners (myself included) don't fully understand how much resentment Asian countries harbor towards Japan to this day. We're taught extensively on the horrors of the holocaust and the European theater of the 2nd World War, but the equally horrific actions of Imperial Japan are given comparatively little coverage. The Korean penninsula suffered immensely under Japanese rule, as did Manchuria (China). The atrocities suffered by those people were every bit as bad as those suffered by those in Nazi concentration camps. I remember news stories about a few Japanese businesses moving into Hong Kong about ten years ago, causing some people to go nuts and throw bricks threw windows & light the places on fire. The hatred really is that deep.

Personally, I think KZ is overreacting and I don't think GSP needs to apologize or change his Gi, but I do understand his basic point of view. I don't agree with him, but I get it. He probably views the rising sun similar to how the children or grandchildren of Holocaust survivors view the Swastika.
    ijosef said:

A lot of westerners (myself included) don't fully understand how much resentment Asian countries harbor towards Japan to this day. We're taught extensively on the horrors of the holocaust and the European theater of the 2nd World War, but the equally horrific actions of Imperial Japan are given comparatively little coverage. The Korean penninsula suffered immensely under Japanese rule, as did Manchuria (China). The atrocities suffered by those people were every bit as bad as those suffered by those in Nazi concentration camps. I remember news stories about a few Japanese businesses moving into Hong Kong about ten years ago, causing some people to go nuts and throw bricks threw windows & light the places on fire. The hatred really is that deep.

Personally, I think KZ is overreacting and I don't think GSP needs to apologize or change his Gi, but I do understand his basic point of view. I don't agree with him, but I get it. He probably views the rising sun similar to how the children or grandchildren of Holocaust survivors view the Swastika.

You're telling me you are perfectly fine seeing a fighter wearing a swastika symbol on his attire as he makes his way to the octagon? I cannot fathom your reasoning at this moment.

Recap - Zombie never once demanded GSP to stop wearing it. He simply gave GSP information which GSP may have not been aware of and hopes that GSP will consider not wearing it.

• horrorfan663horrorfan663 Posts: 767Free

GSP's dark place was in Korea slaughtering newborn babies.

i **** died sir

I **** died ten fold

thank you for that

xD
    Silva. idk how i feel about Silva. I feel like anything he had going for him coming into the UFC was ripped away when Cain pulled that drive by on him back at 146. Poor guy never even saw the Astro Van coming.....

WarWest said:

Dumb

Its an outfit

No, it's not dumb. Zombie stated that the Japanese flag is perfectly fine whereas the rising sun symbol is a symbol of imperialism and militarism which has the same connotations as the swastika symbol.

You are African American, correct? Would you be offended to see a fighter wearing a swastika or worse, KKK branded on his attire?

I like you West but I don't know if you gave much thought to your post. I'm Asian American and when I see or hear about Nazi, Arayon brotherhood, KKK etc. - my blood boils even-though I have never been a target of racism from these goons.

No I'm not AA

I am a white dude LoL

I am actually German

I get what you are saying and I think it is dumb to bring it up

I have two inlaws that are Mexican, two that are black, and the godfather to my daughter is Asian

He wore an outfit, whatever LoL
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    WarWest said:

WarWest said:

Dumb

Its an outfit

No I'm not AA

I am a white dude LoL

I am actually German

I have two inlaws that are Mexican, two that are black, and the godfather to my daughter is Asian

In the fishing thread, you posted a picture showing an AA with some fish - so I naturally thought that was you.

If you think it's dumb to bring it up, does that mean swastika signs don't bother you? No need to answer....I know where you stand on the subject.
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,061Premium
    He's bringing it back.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage

WarWest said:

WarWest said:

Dumb

Its an outfit

No I'm not AA

I am a white dude LoL

I am actually German

In the fishing thread, you posted a picture showing an AA with some fish - so I naturally thought that was you.

If you think it's dumb to bring it up, does that mean swastika signs don't bother you? No need to answer....I know where you stand on the subject.
    Yeah, that's my aunts husband, he's Jamaican

I could care less about a swastika unless its posted in a mean way

If you look in a history book you will see a swastika, should I write the company a letter?

Did they put it in a book to be mean?

Did GSP wear his outfit to be mean?

No, he wore it because his sponsors gave it to him to wear

It was an outfit, get over it people
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,875Free
    WarWest said:

WarWest said:

WarWest said:

Dumb

No, he wore it because his sponsors gave it to him to wear

It was an outfit, get over it people
    ^^^ This
    I can understand where KZ is coming from but why didn't he address his complaint directly to Hayabusa?

GSP didn't put that Gi on thinking " **** yeah this is going to upset some people"
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,434Free
    lol and yet another person gotten to lmao.

this lists just keeps getting better and better!

http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/140982/ufc-158s-gotten-to-thread#latest
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread