Which do you think would be more important for Jon Jones' career?

MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,386Free
Would it be a loss to Anderson Silva or a loss to Chael Sonnen? image
BBk_MUHCMAEbgFM.jpg
600 x 600 - 30K
Member of the People's Freedom Movement

Tagged:

Comments

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,314Free
    that's actually a hilarious picture
  • MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,386Free
    I wanted something funny!
    Member of the People's Freedom Movement

• GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    Dude, what is up with that pic?! =))
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    :-O
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,332Free
    Jones riding Rampages coattails

• IdentityIdentity Posts: 7,019Free
    A loss to anderson cos if he lost to Sonnen that would make Sonnen the LHW champ and that would be messed up.
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    Megasoup said:

Would it be a loss to Anderson Silva or a loss to Chael Sonnen? image

hilarious pic
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,645Free
    PATSTER said:

A loss to anyone would be important. He's pretty much undefeated minus the Hamill fight. Maybe a loss to Chael Sonnen would be more of a blow to his career but I think any loss in his near future would be equally devastating.

Absolutely. We all know that the Hamill loss was really a loss in name only - Bones completely dominated the fight and destroyed Hamill only to be questionably disqualified for "12 to 6" elbows. A real loss (whether it's KO/TKO, submission, or non-controversial decision) would motivate him to grow and improve like none other.

I don't like Jon Jones, but I cannot deny the incredible ability the dude has. If he continues to improve, he has the possibility of remaining champion for a long, long time.

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Sadly after buying into the hype of this UFC having the best fighters in this world,there is nobody close to Jones.
    We still do not have very good rounded fighters,just a little of this or a little of that.
    Jones is sort of average at everything,yes it is nice to have a little of all but he is not really great at anything.he tips the scales in his favor with smarts and reach.Most of his being smart,has to do with his reach,they go hand in hand.

I see VERY few fighters in all of the UFC that i would consider to be well rounded,they either can't strike or can't wrestle or have very poor Bjj.Then after you figure in nobody is well rounded,then you have so many with poor cardio,no athleticism,no smarts and you really end up with a very average sport.

This is why Jones can dominate and he will dominate for a long time.It is pathetic to think that Chael a guy with absolutely no skills,gets a title shot.Chael does not even wrestle well,he has exactly what GSP has,TD's but even that was exposed when Silva simply backed up to the cage,it confused the low IQ Sonnen.

Just imagine that is Sonnen had of mimic Silva and backed up to the opposite fence,then what?It would have been a joke for the sport.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.