quebec's boxing commission response to the 158 weigh in fiasco

bartolinibartolini Posts: 668Ultimate
Quebec commission denies favoring Georges St-Pierre in UFC 158 weigh-in rules - MMA Fighting
http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/3/26/4149618/quebec-commission-denies-favoring-georges-st-pierre-in-ufc-158-weigh
HW: VELASQUEZ, DOS SANTOS, BROWNE

LHW: EVANS, CORMIER, GUS

MW: SPIDER, WEIDMAN, MACHIDA

WW: CONDIT, HENDRICKS, DIAZ

LW: HENDERSON, CERRONE, DIAZ

FW: ALDO, MENDES, SWANSON

BW: FABER

FW: JOHNSON

CHICKS: TATE

Comments

• CaptainSupermanCaptainSuperman Posts: 10,101Free
    Where is the proof that this has always been a rule? If it always has, then, like most rules and regulations, it is usually well and widely known.
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    Of course they are going to deny favoring GSP, what bs

Even Condit said he knew nothing of this. May not sound like a lot of weight but that is still shady bs coming from Canada

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,646Free
    edited March 2013
    Lulz

That **** sounds shady as ****

"The commission denies favoring GSP" Why would they admit it?
    Post edited by WarWest on
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    "That's kind of an off the record type of thing"

SO ****ing shady
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine

Where is the proof that this has always been a rule? If it always has, then, like most rules and regulations, it is usually well and widely known.

its an off the record kinda of rule you know, all above board and legit. No need to go and make it official when you can tell the other guy at the last second

• GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    Sigh, this really wasn't what I was hoping to hear. Can't you guys at least not act like you're already caught?
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
    If they say its the normal policy, then I guess its the normal policy unless someone can prove otherwise.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

waikru said:

If they say its the normal policy, then I guess its the normal policy unless someone can prove otherwise.

I wonder if the main event fighters on the Winnipeg card will get the same treatment?

Did Condit get the same treatment?

Shields, Kos?
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
    WarWest said:

waikru said:

I wonder if the main event fighters on the Winnipeg card will get the same treatment?

Shields, Kos?
    I don't know. Those are all valid questions. I think they still need to look into it some more.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

waikru said:

WarWest said:

waikru said:

Shields, Kos?
    I don't know. Those are all valid questions. I think they still need to look into it some more.
    I agree

If its legit then it's legit, I got no problem with that

I would like to know if all of those other fighters were told the same thing
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    edited March 2013
    WarWest said:

waikru said:

WarWest said:

waikru said:

Shields, Kos?
    I agree

Condit said he never heard of it

Carlos Condit, who fought St-Pierre in the main event of UFC 154 in Montreal, told MMAFighting on Tuesday he was never told of such weight allowances before the weigh-in for his fight with St-Pierre, which St-Pierre won via unanimous decision.
    Post edited by fobar on

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,136Free
    WarWest said:

waikru said:

WarWest said:

waikru said:

Shields, Kos?
    I agree

Sounds like you have some tweeting to do.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

fobar said:

WarWest said:

waikru said:

WarWest said:

waikru said:

Shields, Kos?
    I agree

Carlos Condit, who fought St-Pierre in the main event of UFC 154 in Montreal, told MMAFighting on Tuesday he was never told of such weight allowances before the weigh-in for his fight with St-Pierre, which St-Pierre won via unanimous decision.
    Hmmmmmm........
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    WarWest said:

fobar said:

WarWest said:

waikru said:

WarWest said:

waikru said:

Shields, Kos?
    I agree

Hmmmmmm........
    thats how official/normal it is

fobar said:

WarWest said:

fobar said:

WarWest said:

waikru said:

WarWest said:

waikru said:

Shields, Kos?
    I agree

Hmmmmmm........
    Right!?

Seems legit
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    fobar said:

WarWest said:

waikru said:

WarWest said:

waikru said:

Shields, Kos?
    I agree

WarWest said:

fobar said:

WarWest said:

waikru said:

WarWest said:

waikru said:

Shields, Kos?
    I agree

Hmmmmmm........
    fobar said:

WarWest said:

fobar said:

WarWest said:

waikru said:

WarWest said:

waikru said:

Shields, Kos?
    I agree

Hmmmmmm........

****, no wonder stpierre is running for the hills into movie biz, the guy is a cheater 3x over.

Grease.
    Roids.
    Commission corruption.

FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,020Free
    fobar said:

May not sound like a lot of weight but that is still shady bs coming from Canada

Not a lot of weight?
    Dude, this "not a lot of weight" was all it took for GSP not to make weight and the fight not being a championship fight which would result in a UFC/Canadian/St.Pierre epic fiasco.
    edited March 2013
    najma said:

fobar said:

May not sound like a lot of weight but that is still shady bs coming from Canada

Not a lot of weight?
    Dude, this "not a lot of weight" was all it took for GSP not to make weight and the fight not being a championship fight which would result in a UFC/Canadian/St.Pierre epic fiasco.
    please re read what I said, you took that part out of context

Post edited by fobar on

• sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate
    Didn't Nate have to cut weight to make 155 on the dot for the fight with Bendo?
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Yeah but I don't think that was in Canada
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free

Yeah, and they told him that last minute as well, he got pretty upset.
    Bet Record: 2-3