Pettis: Henderson beats Melendez

MMALivesHereMMALivesHere Posts: 80Free
Anthony Pettis (16-2) defeated Benson Henderson (18-2) in a pulsating, back-and-forth battle for the WEC lightweight title in 2010. Fast forward three years and Henderson has rocketed to the top of the UFC lightweight division, while Pettis is preparing for an August clash with featherweight king Jose Aldo (22-1). Both fighters believe their paths will cross again, but for now, Henderson is scheduled to defend his title against the last Strikeforce lightweight champion Gil Melendez (22-2) at UFC on Fox 7 next month. Pettis believes Melendez will find himself up against a new level of competition come April 20. See the full video at MMA Interviews.

"I'm going with Benson. I don't think Gil has fought the level of competition he's fighting coming up April 20. Ben's been fighting the best in the world, he's the champ for a reason and I've got a lot of respect for the guy. Ben has the better striking and he's more athletic - I think that's what's going to play into it. He's more athletic, he can think on the fly, he transitions well, you see him do all the crazy stuff. I think, athletically, Ben Henderson's better. I mean, Gilbert's a good fighter, it's going to be a good fight, but I'm going with Ben."

From MMA Lives Here - feel free to subscribe for free updates
Tagged:

Comments