UFC Promoting

dirtyNYC17dirtyNYC17 Posts: 412Free
edited March 2013 in UFC
Am I the only one who`s tired of fighters talking so much smack before a fight? I know their trying to promote a fight and all, but come on you say all this stuff and then after the fight your friends with one another. Thumbs up to George Sotiropoulos for still disliking Pearson despite lossing. That kind of attitude I can appreciate.
Example:
Silva vs Sonnen 2
GSP vs Diaz
GSP vs Koscheck

Post edited by dirtyNYC17 on
Tagged:

Comments

• MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,251Free
    you clearly have never been in a fight (not street fight yourself) or even real sparring...

• dirtyNYC17dirtyNYC17 Posts: 412Free
    @MIRKO_CRO_COP I actually have been in a fight before, and no I never have sparred. I dont do MMA. I should have stated this earlier but I dont have nothing wrong with promoting a fight, i'm just getting tired of seeing people over promote. For example GSP says he's going to put the worst beating on Nate Diaz. In my opinion he just wen't into the fight looking for the W, not putting a beating on Nate
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,250Free

@MIRKO_CRO_COP I actually have been in a fight before, and no I never have sparred. I dont do MMA. I should have stated this earlier but I dont have nothing wrong with promoting a fight, i'm just getting tired of seeing people over promote. For example GSP says he's going to put the worst beating on Nate Diaz. In my opinion he just wen't into the fight looking for the W, not putting a beating on Nate

Don't blink! B-)
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    It is nonsense,there are ways PROVEN by MANY marketing firms that don't need trash talking.The problem is the UFC has their own marketing team,so not really a legit first class team,and judging by everything they try ,it is amateur hour.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,896Free
    Grudge matches sell. End thread
    @Identity They definitely do sell. I just wish some fighters wouldn't say all the s*** they do before a fight. Why cant they just be like Jon Jones against Evans. Jon could have talked all this crap but instead remained professional and stated that his goal was to KO Evans.

i know what you're trying to say, but what i was reffering to was the part

: "I know their trying to promote a fight and all, but come on you say all this stuff and then after the fight your friends with one another"

This is something you cannot explain IMO, you have to have had this moment before, after a fight, you either won or lost a fight or you await the decision. IF you think that your opponent impressed you and you did your best, it's a relief because you know the other guy had to do all the same training to get there, and push himself like you did. Then you feel like there isnt anything bad to say atm...does this sound like something lol ?

it's really not explainable...

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,582Free

you clearly have never been in a fight (not street fight yourself) or even real sparring...

All my fights have Primetime shows where I talk about my dark place.
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited March 2013
    the fighters who do the most talking are lacking in the confidence department, and usually end up losing the fight. now i can only speculate but i can only assume that they also have a small penis and probably drive a hummer.

whatever though. wolf tickets dont sell themselves.

i believe you are referring to Nate's older brother.
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
    @MIRKO_CRO_COP I believe what your trying to say is that its hard not to have respect for your opponent after you just competed with him.. Well unless your Brock Lesnar

@MIRKO_CRO_COP I believe what your trying to say is that its hard not to have respect for your opponent after you just competed with him.. Well unless your Brock Lesnar

lol yeah :D

All my fights have Primetime shows where I talk about my dark place.
    LoL

• JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,775Ultimate

considering GSP never fought Nate Diaz I'm not surprised he didn't put the worst beating on him
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    PATSTER said:

IT'S CALLED MARKETING!

An aspect of Marketing
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*