So will team gacie go 0-4 in UFC title fights?

cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,115Free
Pretty bad if you ask me.....What are they trying to take team alpha males spot for most loses......What's the problem & what do they need to do to win one......I for one do not see Melendez beating Smooth.....What do you people think?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Sigbet record: 50 - 4

Tagged:

Comments

• GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    Overall, they need better wrestlers. Of the 3 that have fought in title fights, the Diaz brothers couldn't stay upright and Shields couldn't get a takedown to save their lives. Maybe consider bringing in Ben Askren or something.
    Bet Record: 2-3
    Oh no, the dreaded banana bread. Everybody run.
  • cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,115Free
    Well Gil at least has decent wrestling so maybe he can at least make it close because the others have been one sided beat downs...... B-)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

• fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    I believe in Gil, he can beat Bendo. should be a closer fight than people are expecting

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,957Free
    Actually 0-6.

David Terrell lost to Evan Tanner

Nick lost to Carlos and GSP

Jake lost to GSP

Nate lost to Ben

And Gil gonna lose to Ben
    Dam good point Nick has lost 2 title fights in a row.....

• MachidaPowerMachidaPower Serial Chillin.Posts: 1,963Free
    isnt ronda rousey gracie jiu-jitsu?
    the buffer 180... best move in the UFC.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=169_1364680421

"Ameriman is the P4P greatest poster of all time, and he would never welch on a sigbet." [sic]

"I took wanderleisilva101's MMA knowledge to the back of the throat and I loved it! P.S Chael will get destroyed by Wand too!"

Miesha Nose.
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    edited March 2013

sure is, but most of these guys dont recognise WMMA as being legit because they are narrow minded twats
    Post edited by fobar on

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    cruz2990 said:

lol, Nick made history
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    Keem said:

cruz2990 said:

lol, Nick made history
    Frankie has lost 3 in a row.

what a can
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • munkiemunkie Posts: 2,538Free
    edited March 2013
    Nate, Shields, Nick all were dominated, Nick 2 times in a row in title fights. Melendez..., he won't win, but I think he'll keep it close, closer than any of those guys. He could pull a common Gracie tactic and cheat, (Shields, eye poke & Nick, weakly flailing after bell) and that could make it very interesting if he's smart enough to give himself the advantage before round 3. But..., he's probably not because I imagine NIck's second hand stupid is really bad in the Gracie Academy.
    Post edited by munkie on
    fobar said:

sure is, but most of these guys dont recognise WMMA as being legit because they are narrow minded twats
    you might be right... they havent spoken a word about it.... lol.

"Ameriman is the P4P greatest poster of all time, and he would never welch on a sigbet." [sic]

"I took wanderleisilva101's MMA knowledge to the back of the throat and I loved it! P.S Chael will get destroyed by Wand too!"

Miesha Nose.

Oh yeah, I forgot that was her camp. In that case Gracie's has at least one champ, so that's something positive. They just won't be getting anymore.
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,052Premium
    edited March 2013
    fobar said:

Ronda's not with team gracie. Just because they did one or two open workouts together doesn't mean she gets her mma training from them. She's more of an ally, she doesn't represent them.

It's fairly clear she's not with the gracie team anyway because she actually holds a ufc title.
    Post edited by the_enigma on
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
  • MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free
    fobar said:

Or because there is no real women's division. There's like 5 fighters, if that.

To be fair I view FLW the same way
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,240Free
    Nick diaz vs GSP is a no contest
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    lol MachidaPower disagrees with me. I posted facts. If you disagree with facts then you live in a fantasy world.

imageimage
    Ronda is a team gracie member you can
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PATSTER said:

Ronda IS Team Gracie

false

Nick diaz IS team gracie

Nick's Strikeforce and interim belt > UFC woman's belt lol

I will stand and bang you against the cage in undisputed.

imageimage

I will stand and bang you against the cage in undisputed.
    just let me bang bro!

• idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited March 2013
    im a glorified can

i think my undisputed record on xbox is a pathetic 10-51. all people ever want to do is lay on me and its too hard to escape and run away from them when i dont pick carlos condit

Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    ive learned from that though. i managed to score my 10th win after i greased up my controller, strapped 0.9lbs of weight around it, and cycled the batteries.
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,165Free
    Lol no honda is not on team gaycie.....

cruz2990 said:

Lol no honda is not on team gaycie.....

then someone needs to edit wikipedia.

Miesha Nose.
  • MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free

ive learned from that though. i managed to score my 10th win after i greased up my controller, strapped 0.9lbs of weight around it, and cycled the batteries.

You could borrow the Manhoef strategy of only using the best character in the division and spamming spinning backfists
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
    edited March 2013

Keem said:

cruz2990 said:

lol, Nick made history

what a can
    but he actually won a belt and defended it against bigger guys and where all close losses in his last 3

Nick lost an interim shot and a title shot back to back in the same class. History
    Post edited by Keem on
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    PATSTER said:

Keem said:

Keem said:

cruz2990 said:

lol, Nick made history

what a can
    but he actually won a belt and defended it against bigger guys and where all close losses in his last 3

Nick lost an interim shot and a title shot back to back in the same class. History
    1.) In no way did he "lose" to Condit.

2.) An interim title fight is a glorified #1 contenders match. A title that never gets defended has no meaning.

3.) Quit being a hater.
    1.) Condit won a unanimous decision (49-46, 48-47, 49-46)

2.) An interim title fight results in the winner being an official belt holder in the UFC. Period

3.) I don't like scummy fighters. His actions in the cage I don't respect, and I won't leave alone because it hurts my favorite sport and raises the actual serious issue after UFC 158 that needs to be discussed. Professionalism as mixed martial artist

Megumi Fuji