Joke Shields has not submitted an opponent in 4 years.

JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
Add to the fact that the only fighter he was able to hurt in recent time has been GSP. Its pathetic.

People wanna claim he has 'great BJJ' and can grapple with anyone BS, Joke shields is the king of lay and pray and deserves to be Maia'd.

FEB. 2010
Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
Tagged:

Comments

• CaptainSupermanCaptainSuperman Posts: 10,101Free
    He was a great Strikeforce fighter. A terrible UFC fighter.

So in other words, he didn't belong on the porch with the big dogs.

So people need to stop acting like beating him is/was a big deal.
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    who is saying he has 'great BJJ' and can grapple with anyone?

• fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    Identity said:

Me...

just you? because that dosent sound like people if just just you

• FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,045Free
    wow seriously.. Hadn't been paying attention to Shields for a while and I just realized he got busted for failing a drug test.

So that means.. he went undefeated for 6 years, lining up 15 straight wins, then got in the UFC, got a VERY disputable win over Kampman, which he would've actually lost had kampman made ANY game planing at all.. and is now 2-2 with 1 NC due to doping, including that one disputable win..

And people are still trying to argue that these guys looking good in other promotions could come over and wreck the current UFC champs. what a joke. people need to wake the **** up.
  • SolidStateLogicSolidStateLogic Posts: 4,182Free

wow seriously.. Hadn't been paying attention to Shields for a while and I just realized he got busted for failing a drug test.

So that means.. he went undefeated for 6 years, lining up 15 straight wins, then got in the UFC, got a VERY disputable win over Kampman, which he would've actually lost had kampman made ANY game planing at all.. and is now 2-2 with 1 NC due to doping, including that one disputable win..

And people are still trying to argue that these guys looking good in other promotions could come over and wreck the current UFC champs. what a joke. people need to wake the **** up.

Anderson came over from Cage Rage and has been undefeated in the UFC for 7 years so I think you're wrong.
    This.
    Bendo came over from WEC and is dominating.
    Pettis came over from WEC and is doing good.
    Jon Jones was the USKBA Light Heavyweight Champion and now look at him.
    Overeem - Hari - Spong - Daley - Hardy - Manhoef - A. Silva - Rutten - Diaz Bros
  • shark26shark26 Posts: 109Free
    just to let people know ,... every fighter came from SOMEWHERE before the UFC ... not many just Start in the UFC ... but 95% of the best ones are in UFC now ... so just because your tearing it up in some other organization doesnt mean you would even beat the worst person in UFC ...
    OMG Sharks

Fighters i Like to watch : JDS | Cain | R. Mcdonald | Aldo | Edgar | Rampage | A Silva | E Silva | BJ Penn | Mir |
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,760Free
    And he outstruck And out cardio'd GSP

=)) =)) =))
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,059Free
    He had to dope. Vegetarian diet... He should've just simply eaten some meat.
  • munkiemunkie Posts: 2,538Free
    Everything about Jake Shields is a joke. He's a decent Wrestler with a vicious Lay n Pray game. His stand up is something a retarded, blind double amputee would be ashamed of. His Wrestling was only semi-decent against Ed Herman. In the UFC, Shields can't even spell BJJ. He's a joke, much like everybody at Gracie (except for maybe Melendez, but we'll see).
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    munkie said:

Everything about Jake Shields is a joke. He's a decent Wrestler with a vicious Lay n Pray game. His stand up is something a retarded, blind double amputee would be ashamed of. His Wrestling was only semi-decent against Ed Herman. In the UFC, Shields can't even spell BJJ. He's a joke, much like everybody at Gracie (except for maybe Melendez, but we'll see).

agreed.

Nate is good tho.
    FEB. 2010
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    Identity said:

I speak for a nation

LOL. I like you already. We're going to get along just fine.
    Believe in Beard

Anderson came over from Cage Rage and has been undefeated in the UFC for 7 years so I think you're wrong.
    wow its good that you'd quote the one and only example of the most dominant fighter ever in the UFC that of course had not been a killing maching his whole life.

If you think that the Anderson Silva that lost fights to mediocre unknown grapplers back in the days is as good as the Anderson Silva that KO'd Vitor Belfort you're deluded. Fighters evolve. No1 said he was unbeatable. Someone could pull a trick out of his **** and beat him on any given day but I think its safe to say that Today's Anderson Silva would beat Ryo Chonan to a pulp.

The number of fighters that dominated in other organisations only to come off as barely top 10 fighters in their respective division in the UFC far exceeds the number of fighters that were so-so in other promotions and dominated in the UFC. Actually I can think of none except for Silva.

wow its good that you'd quote the one and only example of the most dominant fighter ever in the UFC that of course had not been a killing maching his whole life.

If you think that the Anderson Silva that lost fights to mediocre unknown grapplers back in the days is as good as the Anderson Silva that KO'd Vitor Belfort and stopped takedowns from Chael Sonnen you're deluded. Fighters evolve. No1 said he was unbeatable. Someone could pull a trick out of his **** and beat him on any given day but I think its safe to say that Today's Anderson Silva would beat Ryo Chonan to a pulp.

The number of fighters that dominated in other organisations only to come off as barely top 10 fighters in their respective division in the UFC far exceeds the number of fighters that were so-so in other promotions and dominated in the UFC. Actually I can think of none except for Silva.
    dont ask me how the hell I managed to both post a reply and quote this same reply in a second comment by writing a single message...
    Silva would liquify Joke Shields
    FEB. 2010
  • ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
    Cain Velasquez came from Strikeforce
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,846Free
    so did guida
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• PointNinePointNine Posts: 41Free
    LOL
    Self-inductee of the UFC Forum HOF.
    The People's Mod that no one wants.
    Early favorite to win the 2013 UFC prediction tournament.
    Skrap pack: We Run Dis Ish
    JBJF is not a good poster.
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,654Free
    edited March 2013
    ......look at who he's faced since his last sub:

Mayhem Miller : only 1 sub loss very early in his career. black belt.

Hendo : only been subbd 3 times (Anderson, the 2 nog bros.) Hasn't been finished in 5 years.

Kampmann : Has never been subbd in his career

GSP : Its GSP, nuff said.

Ellenberger : 1 sub loss earlier in his career. KOd Shields before he could do anything anyway.

Akiyama : Only been subbd once in his career. Wasn't really a ground fight to begin with.

Ed Herman : The only person i could see a case that Shields should of subd him. But lets not forget Herman is still a black belt.

Just playing devil's advocate here.
    Post edited by SteelerNation43 on
  • MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,299Free
    edited March 2013
    He's a can....

somebody better pick up the phone.

cause i effin called it.
    Post edited by MIRKO_CRO_COP on

so the only person who was never subbed is kampmann.
    every one else is submitable. joke layed on Dan for five rounds.
    layed on Herman for three.

the dude is a laughing stock example of Cesar bjj
    FEB. 2010
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,654Free

Maia arguably has the best BJJ in the sport....yet he didn't sub Grove who was subbed 3 times before, didn't sub Weidman who's a purple belt, didn't sub Munoz who's a purple belt, didn't sub Silva who's been subd before, didn't sub marquardt who's been subd before.

Maia arguably has the best BJJ in the sport....yet he didn't sub Grove who was subbed 3 times before, didn't sub Weidman who's a purple belt, didn't sub Munoz who's a purple belt, didn't sub Silva who's been subd before, didn't sub marquardt who's been subd before.

Maia fitched Fitch.

he dosnt belong anywhere near the conversation involving Shield's crappyness
    FEB. 2010
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    Shields has not subbed anyone only because his opponents are so tough ;;)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner