Firas Zahabi on Weight Cut

Andy_AndersonAndy_Anderson Posts: 572Free
If not sick of this story below is the response to "weight gate" from Firas.

“GSP made weight and he had his shorts on.”

“I was told the decimal didn’t count, so we didn’t worry about it.,” Zahabi said via email earlier today. “I don’t see even .9 making a difference in a fight, so I didn’t give it any thought.”

From this it seems that he acknowledges the weight discrepancy but that this was the machinations of the Quebec Commission. Not some type of directive from GSP team.
Tagged:

Comments

• JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    in other words, they knew GSP was over 170, and they knew it wouldnt matter as long as he was under 171
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • Andy_AndersonAndy_Anderson Posts: 572Free
    edited March 2013

in other words, they knew GSP was over 170, and they knew it wouldnt matter as long as he was under 171

Who the f*** knows. Whole thing is retarded, led by team retard
    Post edited by Andy_Anderson on
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    That is true. Lets say GSP hypothetically made 170.9

If he removed the shorts then there's a possibility he would of made 169

again this is assuming he didn't make 170.0 in the first place
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,911Free

Team retard rocks this boat
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,961Free
    He only weighs in with shorts on because the commissions force him.

Everybody knows he wants to weigh in nekkid and about 4 beads deep in his butthole.
    Identity said:

Team retard rocks this boat
    lol
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    edited March 2013

Everybody knows he wants to weigh in nekkid and about 4 beads deep in his butthole.

and that's where Nick's argument loses weight [no pun intended] because had GSP of taken those shorts off on the scale he would of been 169

myth busted
    Post edited by Keem on
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    team retard ? you guys must be talking about the diaz camp. those guys cant even form a coherant sentence.
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car

team retard ? you guys must be talking about the diaz camp. those guys cant even form a coherant sentence.

of course, assuming everyone understands this by now :)
    Keem said:

and that's where Nick's argument loses weight [no pun intended] because had GSP of taken those shorts off on the scale he would of been 169

myth busted
    Whats the next myth your gonna bust ?
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    the real retards are the GSP fans who think this is a vandeter against GSP by Diaz fans

this is an issue with the Commission, it makes no difference what the fighters weight was. what matters is the way the Commission handle this and what they have said

now please, think before you reply to my post that i have clearly stated it dosent matter what they weighed. i said that because it is probably impossible to find out because the Commission acted in a very strange manner

this is an issue with the Commission and the UFC's response shows they are taking this very seriously

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,961Free
    Keem said:

myth busted
    Not entirely true.

We need an onscreen scale to measure to weight of his shorts.

Where is that one guy at?
    fobar said:

the real retards are the GSP fans who think this is a vandeter against GSP by Diaz fans

this is an issue with the Commission, it makes no difference what the fighters weight was. what matters is the way the Commission handle this and what they have said

now please, think before you reply to my post that i have clearly stated it dosent matter what they weighed. i said that because it is probably impossible to find out because the Commission acted in a very strange manner

this is an issue with the Commission and the UFC's response shows they are taking this very seriously

Its a true issue about equality.
    fobar said:

I understand this is a real issue that needs clarification from the commission. Diaz actually stumbled into a real concern in this instance. This is evidence that if you throw out enough bs and conspiracy theories your bound to hit on something. Tired of the Diaz show. Dude should have fought as if he was fighting for the championship of the world, oops he was.
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    sore losers gonna be sore
    Just givin out the D
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,253Free
    **** this terrorist, this afgan probably put the shards in GSP's glove

This guy is a dirtbag
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • Ufcguy1Ufcguy1 Posts: 18Free

**** this terrorist, this afgan probably put the shards in GSP's glove

This guy is a dirtbag

This
    looks like shannonrich tapped
    Just givin out the D
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free

I like that TEAM RETARD pretty much fits the build.ONLY Bj Penn's team could give their team a go on the retard scale.
    we have had some real obvious jokes in this sport,Tito,BjPenn,Diaz camp and Dana White. I wish they never existed,this sport would be 500% better for it.
    It gets even better when joke number 4 Mr>White starts insulting Couture a real favorite among MMA fans.

Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,038Free

“I was told the decimal didn’t count, so we didn’t worry about it.,” Zahabi said via email earlier today. “I don’t see even .9 making a difference in a fight, so I didn’t give it any thought.”.

HOW COULD HE NOT give it any thought when it is a rule EVERYWHERE that if GSP comes even 0.1 over the 170lbs limit, then it isn't a title fight?
    This obviously means he knew about the 0.9 allowance in Canada way before it was disclosed to Diaz's camp.