UFC 158 reached 1.1 million buys

Solid_SnakeSolid_Snake Posts: 11,789Moderator, Ultimate
edited March 2013 in UFC
GSP is said to be boring, but he's the undisputed PPV King of MMA right now. Must have been a lot of wolves in attendance.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/436474/Report-UFC-158-did-11-million-PPV-buys/

I think this is the first million buy PPV since UFC 116.
Post edited by Solid_Snake on
GSP MAFIA

Leonie fan since day one....No questions asked.

The Funny Thread

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkar
Tagged:

Comments

• HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,165Free
    Dana sellin those wolf tickets and yall are eating them up!
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    diaz sold wolf tickets.

I only went to the event because of Diaz

Diaz sold 1.1 million, not georges

just like the 20,000 diaz fans who bought tickets just to go to the event and chant '**** you diaz' and 'nah nah nah nah heyyyy goodbye"

Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,364Free
    Both him and Diaz got them numbers maybe Diaz more so since he hyped the fight a hell of a lot people love that stuff. GSP has a lot of fans for some reason but you aren't taking into account people who dislike him will also buy the cards with him as the main event to see him lose too.. so he's still boring sorry.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited March 2013
    thats what they all say. people pay to watch the diaz brothers headline a card??? man u need to stop drinkin that airplane water. that shits toxic man

if you look at the ufc's biggest draws, youll find gsp listed in the top 3 on any site. neither of the diaz brothers are anywhere to be found. once again the gsp fight sold big. and it wasnt because anybody cared to pay to watch nick diaz. people just wanted to see gsp either win or lose. with maybe a small portion of them being actual diaz fans.
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • MaximumBobMaximumBob Posts: 1,288Free

Diaz sold that PPV, not GSP.

Only a retard would disagree.

Real munkie talk!.

My definition of hell, you get there and meet the person you could have been - Frank Mir.
    why are many diaz fans also seem to be big fans of shields and tito?

man they really know how to pick em
    Just givin out the D
  • SolidStateLogicSolidStateLogic Posts: 4,181Free
    1,099,999 of those was because of Diaz.
    Overeem - Hari - Spong - Daley - Hardy - Manhoef - A. Silva - Rutten - Diaz Bros
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    PATSTER said:

All Diaz

The fight was in Canada

All GSP
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
    I bought the PPV to see Hendricks vs Condit mostly. Two of my frinds that were watching the PPV left during the GSP fight.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,105Free
    All because of Condit vs Hendricks
  • 100% because of GSP. The promo with GSP saying "he's gonna put the worst beating" on Diaz was what sold it. People realize what a joke Diaz is and just wanted to see him get beat down.

• all GSP? yeah, sure... let's see how many PPV will be sold against Hendricks ;))

That's not an accurate way to look at it. The PPV sold more because of Condit v Hendricks and Ellenberger v Marquart being on the card as well. I mean really, it was a sick PPV card. If they put together a card like this to back the GSP v Hendricks fight then sure we can compare the two events #'s. You gotta compare apples to apples there spartacus.
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,823Free
    edited March 2013

Real munkie talk!.

It was a

100% because of GSP. The promo with GSP saying "he's gonna put the worst beating" on Diaz was what sold it. People realize what a joke Diaz is and just wanted to see him get beat down.

I guess the fact that the "worst beating" was a lie makes GSP a joke as well. Kind of like WWE hype.
    Post edited by classicboxer on
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • Diaz sold that PPV, not GSP.

Real munkie talk!.

It was a

100% because of GSP. The promo with GSP saying "he's gonna put the worst beating" on Diaz was what sold it. People realize what a joke Diaz is and just wanted to see him get beat down.

I guess the fact that the "worst beating" was a lie makes GSP a joke as well. Kind of like WWE hype.

He said he's gonna put the worst beating on Diaz that we've seen in the UFC. Who has beat down Diaz worse in the UFC?
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    All Diaz. GSP is easily the most unpopular and least selling fighter in the companies history.
    Believe in Beard
  • shark26shark26 Posts: 109Free
    if you think it sold that many PPV buys because of Diaz ... then your as Dumb as Diaz ... id Seek some Help! ASAP!

OMG Sharks

Fighters i Like to watch : JDS | Cain | R. Mcdonald | Aldo | Edgar | Rampage | A Silva | E Silva | BJ Penn | Mir |
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,719Free
    1 million of that is because of Diaz
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine

all GSP? yeah, sure... let's see how many PPV will be sold against Hendricks ;))

look at how many he sold w/ SHIELDS lol
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"

Keem said:

all GSP? yeah, sure... let's see how many PPV will be sold against Hendricks ;))

Aldo vs Hominick
    Couture vs Machida
    Benson, Nate, Rory, Jake...

these 8 sold that.
    *Marcus Brimage voice*

"NO... GSP.."

marcusbrimage.jpg
    480 x 360 - 17K

Megumi Fuji

Keem said:

Aldo vs Hominick
    Couture vs Machida

these 8 sold that.

Truth!. The only way the UFC can sell a card with Georges ' snuggie ' St Pierre headlining is to stack all the other fights to the rafters with talent.

Of course, the GSP fanbois will deny that, but no-one takes them seriously anyway, lol.

My definition of hell, you get there and meet the person you could have been - Frank Mir.
  • Keem said:

Aldo vs Hominick
    Couture vs Machida

these 8 sold that.

Truth!. The only way the UFC can sell a card with Georges ' snuggie ' St Pierre headlining is to stack all the other fights to the rafters with talent.

Of course, the GSP fanbois will deny that, but no-one takes them seriously anyway, lol.

LOL keep sippin that haterade... UFC124 875000 buys and the co main was McCorkle v Struve. Get your facts straight before you spout off some jibberish. It makes you come across as uneducated! LOL
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,719Free

Keem said:

Aldo vs Hominick
    Couture vs Machida

these 8 sold that.

Agreed

They have to stack the card
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,908Free
    Gsp payed people to buy the PPV's
  • Here is a simple way to look at it for people who argue that Diaz sold the PPV. Condit vs Diaz in the "dog fight" 400000 buys, GSP vs Condit in a no trash talked fight 700000 buys. If you really think Diaz sold the fight, you just keep buyin up them wolf tickets.

Here is a simple way to look at it for people who argue that Diaz sold the PPV. Condit vs Diaz in the "dog fight" 400000 buys, GSP vs Condit in a no trash talked fight 700000 buys. If you really think Diaz sold the fight, you just keep buyin up them wolf tickets.

D'ya think we can sue GSP for false advertising?, or mis-representation perhaps?. Maybe defective product?.

I'm going to put the worse beating on Nick Diaz that you have ever seen!.............................................................. Oh really!!!!!!.

Maybe if it was GSP who sold the card, people should be entitled to their money back. You deny that Diaz sold the card, but at least he spoke the truth.

Don't blink homie. Uum, ok Georges, lol.
  • Here is a simple way to look at it for people who argue that Diaz sold the PPV. Condit vs Diaz in the "dog fight" 400000 buys, GSP vs Condit in a no trash talked fight 700000 buys. If you really think Diaz sold the fight, you just keep buyin up them wolf tickets.

D'ya think we can sue GSP for false advertising?, or mis-representation perhaps?. Maybe defective product?.

I'm going to put the worse beating on Nick Diaz that you have ever seen!.............................................................. Oh really!!!!!!.

Maybe if it was GSP who sold the card, people should be entitled to their money back. You deny that Diaz sold the card, but at least he spoke the truth.

Don't blink homie. Uum, ok Georges, lol.

Diaz fans start actin like him after enough time huh? GSP said he's gonna put the worst beating on Diaz that we've seen in the UFC. Who in the UFC has put a worse beating on Diaz than GSP did?
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,253Free
    This sums up Canadian Connection

Hendricks 1,2,3,4