Weight Gate & The Never Ending Story

Andy_AndersonAndy_Anderson Posts: 572Free
edited March 2013 in UFC
Texts between Diaz Lawyers, UFC & Quebec Commission
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/3/28/4158616/ufc-158-nick-diaz-lawyer-texts-decimal-controversy

Just when the UFC & GSP thought they were done with the Diaz show. Funny stuff.
Post edited by Andy_Anderson on
Tagged:

Comments

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,240Free
    That MM guy sounds like a dbag
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,707Free
    Wow dude

VERY shady and standoffish

The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Andy_AndersonAndy_Anderson Posts: 572Free

That MM guy sounds like a dbag

I think he knows his a** is on the line and possibly his ufc career.
  • LOL!!!

“I have been told everyone made weight so there’s nothing to make an issue about. He might want to focus on how he’s going to win the fight rather than spending the night making excuses about why he lost.”

I love it! That quote says it all. Diaz knows he has no hype left and started making excuses before the fight! What a chump.
  • Andy_AndersonAndy_Anderson Posts: 572Free
    How funny would it be if Diaz as was awarded a rematch and knocked George out? As much as I dislike Diaz I can't but help appreciate the humor in all this.
  • Yeah this is just funny at this point. I love how Diaz acts all tough guy at the weigh inns and then has his lawyer get involved the same day. LOL
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    i wonder if Mersch still has a job Dana? =))
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Yep, I pretty much figured that's how a rep from the commission would respond..

He should of told Nick's lawyer to explain to him why they shouldn't take Nick's license for attempted assaults after rounds 1 & 3

(on some legally correct ish)
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,707Free
    Keem said:

He should of told Nick's lawyer to explain to him why they shouldn't take Nick's license for attempted assaults after rounds 1 & 3

Seeing how the fight hadnt happened at the time that would be impossible unless he could predict the future

I could be wrong though
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    WarWest said:

Keem said:

Seeing how the fight hadnt happened at the time that would be impossible unless he could predict the future

I could be wrong though
    I just noticed that I forgot to put "after the fight"

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,793Free
    edited March 2013
    maybe when they accounted for the .9 in weight they adjusted the scales to start 0 at 0.9 diaz weighed in at 169? might explain it, he usually weighs 170. gsp 170 probably he was over.

actual weights
    diaz 169.9
    gsp 170.9

= weightgate
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• DarksjeikDarksjeik Posts: 2,245Free
    edited March 2013
    mad rematch yo
    Post edited by Darksjeik on

• Darksjeik said:

mad rematch yo

If Diaz gets a rematch for this I will hang it up as a UFC fan!

Diaz had a problem with things before the fight, yet he did nothing about it until after the fight? If he had won he wouldn't be cryin!!! Diaz is an excuse machine!
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,023Free

Darksjeik said:

mad rematch yo

Diaz had a problem with things before the fight, yet he did nothing about it until after the fight? If he had won he wouldn't be cryin!!! Diaz is an excuse machine!
    Dude, just before the fight is the time when the fighters need the most focus and the least distractions.
    It's better you learn some more details and then act instead of acting right away, especially when there's not much time to do much.

WarWest said:

Wow dude

Darksjeik said:

mad rematch yo

GOOD

The less dumb canadian fans, the better

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• MaximumBobMaximumBob Posts: 1,288Free

Darksjeik said:

mad rematch yo

Please Dana, PLEEEEEEEEE-ASE give Diaz a rematch!!.
    My definition of hell, you get there and meet the person you could have been - Frank Mir.
  • najma said:

Darksjeik said:

mad rematch yo

Dude, just before the fight is the time when the fighters need the most focus and the least distractions.
    It's better you learn some more details and then act instead of acting right away, especially when there's not much time to do much.

Yes before the fight is when you are suppose to have the most focus, but that clearly was not the case here. Diaz was talking to his lawyer, worrying about .9LBS, not focused on the fight. Like Mersch said, Diaz started making excuses why he lost the fight before it even happened.

If he was this worried about this decimal bit, he should of pursued it BEFORE the fight!

Do you think if Diaz won we'd still be hearing about this? Or that video would even surface?
  • WarWest said:

Wow dude

Darksjeik said:

mad rematch yo

GOOD

The less dumb canadian fans, the better

^^^ butthurt Diaz fan
  • MaximumBobMaximumBob Posts: 1,288Free

LMAO at all the GSP huggers.

The biggest gripe from them regards Diaz is " Diaz breaks the rules, everyone else follows the rules, who the **** does Diaz think he is, blah, blah, blah.

THEN, when the rules are broken to benefit their boy GSP, it's, " so the rules were tweaked a little, what's the big deal. Who care's ".

Two faced, lowlife, classless, bunch of trouser gravy chuggin, **** kissers, the lot of em, :)) :-q
    My definition of hell, you get there and meet the person you could have been - Frank Mir.
  • GobboGobbo Posts: 1,371Free

The biggest gripe from them regards Diaz is " Diaz breaks the rules, everyone else follows the rules, who the **** does Diaz think he is, blah, blah, blah.

THEN, when the rules are broken to benefit their boy GSP, it's, " so the rules were tweaked a little, what's the big deal. Who care's ".

Two faced, lowlife, classless, bunch of trouser gravy chuggin, **** kissers, the lot of em, :)) :-q

What rule did GSP break here? The decimal seems inconsistent and there may be something to it, but that's the commission not GSP.

• LMAO at all the GSP huggers.

1) My biggest gripe regarding Diaz is he is a 1 dimensional fighter that does not belong it the UFC. He's only around a) because of his unwarranted strikeforce hype and b) because he TALKS a big game and some fans like that. If I wanted to watch people talk crap to eachother I'd watch a lil WWF, but I'm not 10 and talk is cheap.

2) There is no proof that this decimal bit was to benefit GSP in any way shape or form. If I'm wrong then prove it, otherwise your just making yourself look stupid, trollin on pure speculation.

• waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free

1) My biggest gripe regarding Diaz is he is a 1 dimensional fighter that does not belong it the UFC. He's only around a) because of his unwarranted strikeforce hype and b) because he TALKS a big game and some fans like that. If I wanted to watch people talk crap to eachother I'd watch a lil WWF, but I'm not 10 and talk is cheap.

2) There is no proof that this decimal bit was to benefit GSP in any way shape or form. If I'm wrong then prove it, otherwise your just making yourself look stupid, trollin on pure speculation.

1 Diaz is not one dimensional. He just can't wrestle too well. His boxing and jujitsu skills are without question. I agree with your sentiment on trash talking.

2. There is also no proof that the decimal thing didn't help GSP, so you are operating off assumption as well. This is what we do know: There is a former employee of Quebec commission that is suggesting that such a rule does not exist. Boxing and MMA fights have counted the decimal in the past. When Diaz was gven this information last second, he was told that it was an "off the record thing".
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• Canadian_ConnectionCanadian_Connection Posts: 228Free
    edited March 2013
    waikru said:

1 Diaz is not one dimensional. He just can't wrestle too well. His boxing and jujitsu skills are without question. I agree with your sentiment on trash talking.

2. There is also no proof that the decimal thing didn't help GSP, so you are operating off assumption as well. This is what we do know: There is a former employee of Quebec commission that is suggesting that such a rule does not exist. Boxing and MMA fights have counted the decimal in the past. When Diaz was gven this information last second, he was told that it was an "off the record thing".

1) Prior to the fight with GSP I though higher of Nicks skills. His JJ was non existent and he got out boxed. He really did look like a second rate strikeforce fighter.

2) It's called innocent until proven guilty. All the GSP haters are taking to the internet crying like GSP did something wrong on 100% speculation. It's stupid. Not a single fighter on that card was weighed in with a decimal, yet it's a big scandal? Pretty weak if you ask me.

Also what proof do we have that this "former employee" is actually a former employee and not just Gracie tryin to rustle up some feathers?
    Post edited by Canadian_Connection on

waikru said:

1) Prior to the fight with GSP I though higher of Nicks skills. His JJ was non existent and he got out boxed. He really did look like a second rate strikeforce fighter.

2) It's called innocent until proven guilty. All the GSP haters are taking to the internet crying like GSP did something wrong on 100% speculation. It's stupid. Not a single fighter on that card was weighed in with a decimal, yet it's a big scandal? Pretty weak if you ask me.

Also what proof do we have that this "former employee" is actually a former employee and not just Gracie tryin to rustle up some feathers?
    1. I didn't know that you could judge an entire fighter's skill based on one fight. I guess we should judge GSP exclusively on his first fight with Serra.

2. This isn't a court of law. There is evidence that unethical things may have transpired. Therefore, you cannot suggest that GSP is innocent until all of the information comes to the forefront.

P.S.: I am not suggesting 100% that anything unethical happned and I don't think many other "haters" are either. However, GSP fanboys get upset anytime something comes to light that may make GSP look dirty. If this was such a nonissue as you have suggested a billion times, then you would not be online defending him on every thread about the topic every chance you got.

"Believe in the beard"

waikru said:

lol @ dumb Canadian fans

"Diaz has no BJJ herp derp"

• waikru said:

waikru said:

1. I didn't know that you could judge an entire fighter's skill based on one fight. I guess we should judge GSP exclusively on his first fight with Serra.

2. This isn't a court of law. There is evidence that unethical things may have transpired. Therefore, you cannot suggest that GSP is innocent until all of the information comes to the forefront.

P.S.: I am not suggesting 100% that anything unethical happned and I don't think many other "haters" are either. However, GSP fanboys get upset anytime something comes to light that may make GSP look dirty. If this was such a nonissue as you have suggested a billion times, then you would not be online defending him on every thread about the topic every chance you got.
    1) Diaz has looked 1 dimensional since being back in the UFC. He did the same thing in the Penn and Condit fights.

2) This should be treated exactly as a court of law. I can say GSP is innocent until you can prove otherwise. Why is it that NO FIGHTER was weighed inn with a decimal on the entire UFC 158 card then?

GSP fans laugh at people making stupid allegations because they lost. There is nothing to defend here. No proof GSP did anything wrong, just a buncha haters talkin crap.

waikru said:

waikru said:

1) Diaz has looked 1 dimensional since being back in the UFC. He did the same thing in the Penn and Condit fights.

2) This should be treated exactly as a court of law. I can say GSP is innocent until you can prove otherwise. Why is it that NO FIGHTER was weighed inn with a decimal on the entire UFC 158 card then?

GSP fans laugh at people making stupid allegations because they lost. There is nothing to defend here. No proof GSP did anything wrong, just a buncha haters talkin crap.
    You don't know that he is innocent and you don't know that the fighters weight wasn't recorded to the decimal and announced in whole numbers. You are just making assmptions again. The Canadian representative said that the main event fight was unique in the time they had to cut weight and that they were rounding down. So the fact is that the GSP fight was treated differently than all of the other fights on the card. Furthermore, the video tape footage of other MMA and boxing man events show that this was not a common practice in main events on other cards. This is enough evidence to conclude in a court of law that something inappropriate did occur. Therefore, people have a right to complain about it and you shouldn't act so surprised.

"Believe in the beard"

• @waikru I still disagree and if you wanna discuss this further feel free to PM me. ^^^ I see the cheer squad has arrived though and imma bounce.

@waikru I still disagree and if you wanna discuss this further feel free to PM me. ^^^ I see the cheer squad has arrived though and imma bounce.

Ducking just like Georges ducks Anderson

War GSP fans!

He probably bought one of those GSP headbands for 5$ too