Let's say GSP retires from MMA after the Silva fight...

najmanajma Posts: 2,038Free
Will you take the WW division championship seriously without him?
Especially if the champion will be a guy whom GSP had beaten. And this would for sure happen.

I hope that GSP retires only afer having gathered a couple of losses. Because if he leaves as a dominant champion, I will not care for the WW belt.
Will you?
Tagged:

Comments

• MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,277Free
    the division would probably be my favorite

• JimzJimz Posts: 1,048Free
    what bluesy said
    I see rory coming to the top once GSP is gone, and they've already stated they wouldn't fight each
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    I forsee Ellenberger, Condit, or Rory holding on to the strap and when Page comes over then **** gets real
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    Without GSP I don't see anyone holding the strap longer then 2 defences at most with Rory or Maia having the longest

The best will be swapped around much like how LHW was be4 Jones

Maia
    Rory
    Ellenburger
    Alves (now that the grinder are gone)
    Big Rigg

As the top 5 holding the belt
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,824Free
    edited March 2013
    bluesy said:

It's a stacked division full of talent. Georges leaving doesn't change that. If anything, it would probably become even more exciting.

I think the plan is for Rory to take over his spot, anyway. I could see it happening easily and he wouldn't be just some GSP victim -- but a successor.

no chance rory would hold the title, if penn can get a takedown on rory then imagine what maia would do to him, if he got tkod in a 3 round fight with condit then imagine 5 rounds if he cant get hendricks down i can see him eating a hendricks bomb.

imo the challengers for the title in order of likely hood of winning it are obviously

maia
    condit
    hendricks
    rory
    ellenberger
    marquadt
    saffadine
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,277Free
    condit or maia would be champs btw imo

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,607Free
    PunchBag said:

bluesy said:

It's a stacked division full of talent. Georges leaving doesn't change that. If anything, it would probably become even more exciting.

I think the plan is for Rory to take over his spot, anyway. I could see it happening easily and he wouldn't be just some GSP victim -- but a successor.

no chance rory would hold the title, if penn can get a takedown on rory then imagine what maia would do to him, if he got tkod in a 3 round fight with condit then imagine 5 rounds if he cant get hendricks down i can see him eating a hendricks bomb.

imo the challengers for the title in order of likely hood of winning it are obviously

maia
    condit
    hendricks
    rory
    ellenberger
    marquadt
    saffadine
    Maia WW champ 100%
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,959Free
    Ellenberger will be the next WW champ. Believe that.
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited March 2013
    rising sun gi vs the hitler suit

would make for an interesting walkout
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,013Free
    Im thinking Hendricks knocks George out, George retires, and Johny defends it until he retires or maybe loses it to Matt Brown.
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    matt brown lol
    Just givin out the D
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,731Free
    It would be my second favorite division if he left

Oh, and he's not going to fight Silva. Blee Dat
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,269Free
    Well imo GSP has already lost to Penn and Shields so the WW belt will still be legit
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    edited March 2013
    imo youre a can
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    I am a huge GSP fan and YES i would take it seriously.The reason is simple,GSP has not really evolved at all,so no way a guy should remain at the top forever,without improving his game.So to make it simple,more rounded fighters will have a chance to be the champion and it would have been inevitable anyhow.I figure GSP is 100% 1-2 fights away from losing,maybe he loses both his next two fights.

His desire to get better is gone and he does not imo carry enough hunger or aggression in the ring.
    What GSP has done is near impossible,he fights 5 rounds every time,he uses a massive amount of cardio in all his fights.The way he fights he gives every opponent the full 5 rounds to figure him out or adjust,nobody else gives their opponents that kind of chance.So time is not on his side,it is actually a good time to get out now,while he is on top.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    WW is STACKED with talented fighters, so I would look for another WW to repeatedly defend his title when GSP vacates.
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    bluesy said:

this minus the fruit Rory
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,319Free
    It will be passed to Rory upon Georges retirement

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

KY or the belt?...
  • jayzeejayzee Posts: 2,019Free
    Your forgetting one thing.. Hendricks is going to beat GSP into retirement!

jayzee said:

Your forgetting one thing.. Hendricks is going to beat GSP into retirement!

nah

KY or the belt?...
    belt

KY or the belt?...
    belt
    thxs for clarifying ...love the pic ;)
  • GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    If GSP left then it would be interesting to see who would step up to seize the belt. I honetly wouldn't mind if he retired after fighting either Hendricks or Silva, make the WW title picture crazy.
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,038Free
    zaksame said:

I am a huge GSP fan and YES i would take it seriously.The reason is simple, GSP has not really evolved at all,

LOL, what does it say about all those guys who couldn't beat him? They all got beaten by an unevolved GSP.