Will Weidman Wreck Silva

Andy_AndersonAndy_Anderson Posts: 572Free

It's tough to point to anything but a gut feeling but I believe Weidman will wreck Silva. Watching him fight reminds me of watching a younger Jon Jones or GSP. Just a guy that appears to be on a different level.....a championship level. On top of that Silva will be beaten one day and it feels like Weidman more than anyone else has that type of potential.

Why do you think Silva will win? Or why do you think Weidman will take this?
Tagged:

Comments

• PointNinePointNine Posts: 41Free
    LOL. Cause KO'ing Mark Muñoz makes you championship level. LOL. Praise Matt Hammil! The one to beat Silva! Lulz
    Self-inductee of the UFC Forum HOF.
    The People's Mod that no one wants.
    Early favorite to win the 2013 UFC prediction tournament.
    Skrap pack: We Run Dis Ish
    JBJF is not a good poster.
    Weidman has a chance, yes. But that's only because he's facing in a can in Silva and everyone has a puncher's chance. Silva has more title defenses than Weidman has fights. C'mon, now. Silva via KO.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,240Free
    Weedman will get destroyed

Anderson can only be beaten by someone who comes to bang like Vitor or Diaz
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • Andy_AndersonAndy_Anderson Posts: 572Free
    PointNine said:

LOL. Cause KO'ing Mark Muñoz makes you championship level. LOL. Praise Matt Hammil! The one to beat Silva! Lulz

I think Weidman is more well rounded than Silva. Better grappler, stronger and can hang striking. Well, he can hang striking when Silva has to be fearful of being taken down
  • hydehyde Posts: 28Free
    I would love him to win, BUT... its UFC, its business, they will not let a nobody beat their precious asset,,, unless they have some kind of a plan behind it
    text

PointNine said:

Hey he already beat one champion that people thought was unbeatable.....Jon Jones

The Hammer can do it again
    Valid point here.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,804Free
    weidman isnt sonnen = silva will maul him
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Andy_AndersonAndy_Anderson Posts: 572Free
    hyde said:

I would love him to win, BUT... its UFC, its business, they will not let a nobody beat their precious asset,,, unless they have some kind of a plan behind it

So Weidman will throw the fight?
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,707Free
    Doubt it
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • hydehyde Posts: 28Free

hyde said:

So Weidman will throw the fight?
    I didnt say that now did I?! Weidman isnt Sonnen in this regard (at least I hope so) so personally I think if they will feel like theres a chance he might beat him - no fight or something...
    I hope Im wrong tho...
    text
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,957Free
    You have to be Immortal to beat Anderson. There is only one man who is Immortal.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,240Free
    Matt Brown on GSP fighting Anderson "You know what I would do"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,707Free

You have to be Immortal to beat Anderson. There is only one man who is Immortal.

Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod?
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
    edited March 2013
    This is probably going to be a tough fight for Silva. Weidman is ten years younger, has a significant reach advantage, and is well rounded. However, Anderson is a tricky fighter and I think he is capable of winning this fight.
    Post edited by waikru on
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,892Free
    This debate happens when Silva faces everyone but it all ends the same way.
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    LOL naw bruh.

Silva is gonna vaporize him, then smoke him with the Diaz bros
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • rick10rick10 Posts: 185Free
    edited March 2013
    weidman's wrestling is not as agressive as sonnen's
    weidmanss striking is not as good as vitor's
    weidmanss jujitsu is not as dangerous as maia's
    weidman's chin is not as good as henderson's

He may be an overall better fighter and that can be argue because he hasnt really faced anyone really good in his entire career. I really do not understand how can people claimed he is that good from one fight against munoz who isnt really a top fighter and was also unproven in the octagon.

This is the same guy that decision alessio sakara 2 years ago. who is 3-0 in the UFC in his last 3 fights. This is the same guy that beat tom lawler who has lost 4 out of his last 6 fights .

Weidman has not faced any of the current top guys in the ufc , that is bisping , vitor , belcher , lombard , sonnen , rockhold, okami , philippou, boetsch, yet

He may be the next big thing but it is funny how some noobs in this forum swear this guy is the next P4P best fighter in the world. I dont see anything out of this world with weidman yet , his record is not impressive , at least is not more impressive than anyone silva has already faced and skill wise , i cant judge a guy from a single fight , specially when we all know munoz was not 100 percent and even if he was , one fight doesnt say s h i t .

time will tell ... As of right now chris weidman is the josh koscheck of the middleweight , while sonnen was the fitch of the middleweight. :).. I dont think we got the rory mcdonald or kendricks of the middleweight yet ( maybe rockhold)
    Post edited by rick10 on
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,804Free
    edited March 2013
    rockhold is rory, vitor is hendricks, but lets be honest if vitor could make mw he would destroy all but gsp.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,474Free
    I think my sig says it all.

WAR WEIDMAN!
    Favorite fighters:

HW: dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Saffeidine, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Lamas, Corassani
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    WBW: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

• CaptainSupermanCaptainSuperman Posts: 10,101Free
    I have a feeling that Silva will take the most damage he has ever taken in a fight

Both of his hands will be broken from punching Weidman's face so hard.
  • ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
    I hope so, because I love Weidman, no romo, but Silva is Silva, he could pull some ancient jungle **** and stop the fight
  • MaximumBobMaximumBob Posts: 1,288Free

Silva is the man right now, but there is something about Weidman. Its kinda like there's a monster in there that we just have'nt seen yet.

He may well get battered, Silva could easily slaughter him within the first round, but............................................???.

But, but, but
    My definition of hell, you get there and meet the person you could have been - Frank Mir.
  • CaptainSupermanCaptainSuperman Posts: 10,101Free
    Funny how everyone ****'s on Silva for fighting "crappy" competition, but all of a sudden they think Weidman is on a whole new level after beating...wait for it, crappy competition. Though of course the only Weidman fans, just like Sonnen fans, are Silva haters
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    Ya know....JBJ was just another fighter at one point.......Weidman is just another fighter too and YES he can dethrone Silva. I said it before the Cain vs JDS 2 fight that there would be a bunch of slack jaws when Cain beats JDS. Well......I am going to LMAO because there WILL be slack jaws when Weidman wins!!!
    ThePack19 said:

Ya know....JBJ was just another fighter at one point.......Weidman is just another fighter too and YES he can dethrone Silva. I said it before the Cain vs JDS 2 fight that there would be a bunch of slack jaws when Cain beats JDS. Well......I am going to LMAO because there WILL be slack jaws when Weidman wins!!!

Yeah, but wasn't you sporting the slack jaw when Silva Ko'd Sonnen in the rematch?

"Believe in the beard"

• ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    Nope...because it was...well....Sonnen, not exactly a man on a winning streak now is he? Some argue he lost to Bisping for crying out loud, yet Silva got manhandled till he got lucky.
    ThePack19 said:

Nope...because it was...well....Sonnen, not exactly a man on a winning streak now is he? Some argue he lost to Bisping for crying out loud, yet Silva got manhandled till he got lucky.

Wow! He got lucky in two fights in a row. 8-}

And you complain about GSP haters.

"Believe in the beard"

• JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    mighty **** slim to nothing ;)