Why did no UFC lhw's not step up ?

AxeMurduhAxeMurduh ShuragogaunepechwanPosts: 1,918Free
Now he's fighting this bum, i give him absolutely no chance at winning this , im really butt hurt. Atleast we'll see a nice finish from Mousasi.

Tagged:

Comments

• megamanmegaman Posts: 5,281Free
    He might win, we've seen crazier things hap...

Actually... No... He has zero chances and will get royally owned.

Mousasi by Hardcore humiliation..

• TheOvereemTheOvereem Posts: 8,997Free
    I'm sure Dana will say who he offered the fight to on the weekend and who declined, can't blame fighters for not stepping up in this situation, in Sweden, 4 days notice and against a legit contender

Overeem - Shogun - Mousasi - Manuwa - Bisping - Manhoef - Watson - Daley - Hardy - B.Henderson - McGregor - Pickett

Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast by night, all day!

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,124Free
    would have loved to see Belfort vs Mousasi. too bad he already got a fight.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,628Free
    edited April 2013
    Because they would have to fly to Sweden and cut weight to fight an unknown fighter in his UFC debut on short notice. It's not worth it.
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • AxeMurduhAxeMurduh ShuragogaunepechwanPosts: 1,918Free
    ON SHORT NOTICE FIGHTS LIKE THAT THEYD MAKE A CATCHWEIGHT FIGHT

AxeMurduh said:

ON SHORT NOTICE FIGHTS LIKE THAT THEYD MAKE A CATCHWEIGHT FIGHT

They still have to fly to Sweden to fight an unkown fighter with zero preparation.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,610Free
    edited April 2013
    Damn I wish Chael wasn't fighting JBJ so he could swoop in and kick some a$$.
    Post edited by Omoplataypus on
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• TheOvereemTheOvereem Posts: 8,997Free
    Kong Watson is there doing a Q&A, that would of been a fun fight, he'd probably be around 205 now anyway

Overeem - Shogun - Mousasi - Manuwa - Bisping - Manhoef - Watson - Daley - Hardy - B.Henderson - McGregor - Pickett

Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast by night, all day!

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,022Free
    Because it was rumored that Satish might take the fight and everybodys tail tucked in between their legs.

Because they would have to fly to Sweden and cut weight to fight an unknown fighter in his UFC debut on short notice. It's not worth it.

you are saying that no LHW would benefit from a mousasi fight?

if you mean they're all scared, you might have a point.
    No, they would not. The majority of UFC fans have no clue who Mousasi is. Why would you take a short notice fight with a dangerous striker nobody knows about? There's nothing to gain. You win, so what you beat a guy who has never fought in the UFC. You lose, you lost to a guy who had never fought in the UFC.
    Sick and tired of fake **** fighters. You get offered a fight take it..
  • PabloskyPablosky Posts: 675Free
    F E A R
    thanks god im less stupid now!

Pablosky said:

F E A R

Forever

Electrifiying

Arenas

RamGOAT
  • RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
    You guys gotta chill and see what happens for 2 basic reasons:

1. If this "bum" beats Mousasi, then does he become the real deal ? Or Mousasi is a can ?

2. Mousasi gotta show smth before "known" guys decide to fight him. Why would a "somebody" flight to Sweeden to fight Mousasi at the moment ?

3. A draw with Jardine doesnt make Mousasi look great either my friends. Let see what he got first !!! Shall we ?

1. If this "bum" beats Mousasi, then does he become the real deal ? Or Mousasi is a can ?

2. Mousasi gotta show smth before "known" guys decide to fight him. Why would a "somebody" flight to Sweeden to fight Mousasi at the moment ?

3. A draw with Jardine doesnt make Mousasi look great either my friends. Let see what he got first !!! Shall we ?

1. he isn't a bum, but a no-name who never fought anyone relevant. if he beats mousasi that proves he has something to show and mousasi is overrated.

2. because mousasi is #10. anyone below that should be interrested, specially who's below #20

3. see what he got against queen latifah? ffs...
    Topic 3 was more like ... A draw with Jardine ?? Let me ask u my friend .. what if Mousasi beats Latifa by UD ? How would u rate Mous ?
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    Satish accepted, but Mousasi wouldn't fight him on one week's notice
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner

1. he isn't a bum, but a no-name who never fought anyone relevant. if he beats mousasi that proves he has something to show and mousasi is overrated.

2. because mousasi is #10. anyone below that should be interrested, specially who's below #20

3. see what he got against queen latifah? ffs...
    Topic 3 was more like ... A draw with Jardine ?? Let me ask u my friend .. what if Mousasi beats Latifa by UD ? How would u rate Mous ?
    i have no idea! a win against a no-name means nothing by itself, unless queen latifah proves to be any good, so mousasi can face real competition and prove himself to be top 10 worth
    I guess UFC found a way to make some $$$ invest in Mousasi WORTH IT

No joke, they should just cancel it LOL
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Not that simple,the UFC has a budget ,they go by,so you can't just insert anyone.
    As you can see by the replacement,they went for a local guy and get him super cheap,so it is a win win for them but not for the fans outside of Sweden.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    The card is in Sweden. They needed a Swede to headline.
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,445Free
    edited April 2013
    Well I'm pretty sure no one wants to fly out to Sweden to fight on 4 days notice

Unless it's Chael Sonnen. I guarantee he would fight him.

Post edited by NyteRyder on
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,846Free
    edited April 2013
    mousasi has been fighting guys like this his whole career, i.e nobodies and has beens. Was hoping to see him properly tested. my guess is white still wanted a home crowd to have its own fighter. this fight isnt going to mean jack **** for mous he has everything to loose.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,087Free
    wow why all the hate here for Mousasi? Are you all delusional UFC fanboys? Go and watch some footage. He's beaten legit fighters.

Babalu Sobral
    Soukeidju
    Mark Hunt
    King Mo
    Denis Kang
    Hector Lombard

for example. Legit black belt Judo
    National Boxing champion
    2xDream champion
    Strikeforce Champion

This guy has more credentials than most of the top ten UFC LHW fighters and is a threat to all of them, including Jones. pull your **** heads in a quit embarrassing yourselves with this bs calling him a can.

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,880Free
    So what happens if the unknown fighter beats Mousasi?
    Does he go back to being unknown or does he get skyrocketed up the list>?
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
    edited April 2013
    Ozpride said:

wow why all the hate here for Mousasi? Are you all delusional UFC fanboys? Go and watch some footage. He's beaten legit fighters.

Babalu Sobral
    Soukeidju
    Mark Hunt
    King Mo
    Denis Kang
    Hector Lombard

for example. Legit black belt Judo
    National Boxing champion
    2xDream champion
    Strikeforce Champion

This guy has more credentials than most of the top ten UFC LHW fighters and is a threat to all of them, including Jones. pull your **** heads in a quit embarrassing yourselves with this bs calling him a can.

Babalu sucks
    Sokoudjou sucks
    Submitting Hunt counts for nothing
    He lost to Mo
    Decent win, but turns out Lombard is overrated as hell anyway
    Edit: and Kang is so bad I almost forgot him
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on

Ozpride said:

wow
    Strikeforce

Babalu sucks
    Sokoudjou sucks
    Submitting Hunt counts for nothing
    He lost to Mo
    Decent win, but turns out Lombard is overrated as hell anyway
    Edit: and Kang is so bad I almost forgot him

Babalu & Sokoudjou in their prime were both huge threats, and this is when he beat them.
    It's the only way you beat Hunt dude WTF u on about
    Lombard is a boss
    Kang very nearly KO'd Spitts and is a MMA legend.

Nothing for the rest?

Haters gonna hate. I picked you for more than a blind UFC fanboy, everything ok?

also watch the fight again. Sorry, I mean for the first time. He beat Mo. widely agreed that it was a BS decision

• JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,775Ultimate
    Actually, according to MMAJunkie Vitor Belfort was going to step up, so you're wrong.

Props to Vitor, that would have been a sick fight, but I guess that would have affected FX 8 but still, at least theyd have time to fix that card (even though that card looks pretty good)
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,315Free
    Who the **** is Ilir Latifi? LoL

It will be hilarious if this dude beats Mousasi.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,846Free
    edited April 2013
    PATSTER said:

NyteRyder said:

Well I'm pretty sure no one wants to fly out to Sweden to fight on 4 days notice

Unless it's Chael Sonnen. I guarantee he would fight him.

He's smart. Doing the UFC favors goes a long way. He's probably secured a spot in the company for life.
    Like when demarcus johnson did the UFC a favor and they certainly repaid him.... by cutting his **** after loosing a fight he took on a weeks notice.,
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion