A fight to look forward to this weekend

WalkLikeAWarrior707WalkLikeAWarrior707 Posts: 6,003Free
edited April 2013 in UFC
Chris Spang vs Adlan Amagov...this fight will be a war.

Spang is 5-1 and is a very promising fighter. He is fighting in his home country of Sweden and is an exciting striker. He has very sound kickboxing and great hands. He picked Nah-Shon Burrell apart in their fight in Strikeforce and took him out early. His ground game is a bit suspect but he has one win by submission.

Amagov is 11-2 and is really entertaining to watch. He started out training with Khabib and his team but now trains at Jackson's. He throws big haymakers on the feet, has good wrestling, and submissions too. He doesn't have any career wins by submission but I was watching some of his grappling matches and he has very good ankle locks, kneebars, a lot of leg submissions. He's a Sambo guy so that's his background but he has heavy hands, unorthodox striking, and really likes to bang.

Really can't wait for this fight. Both were former Strikeforce fighters and a lot of people might not know about these guys but I think they will put on a show. Pulling for Spang but I like Amagov and just hope for a great fight.

Another couple of fights I'm looking forward too are...Marcus Brimage vs Conor Mcgregor, Diego Brandao vs Pablo Garza, and Pickett vs Easton.
Post edited by WalkLikeAWarrior707 on
Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
WBW - Cat Zingano
FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
Tagged:

Comments

• WalkLikeAWarrior707WalkLikeAWarrior707 Posts: 6,003Free
    Haha he hella does look like Court
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    WBW - Cat Zingano
  • AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,836Free
    nah Court wears glasses, this guy dont thats how i tell them apart anyways, unless Mcgee goes by a second name and fights with a slightly different style with contact lenses.

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

• MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,384Free
    That's the handsomest guy who has ever dared to wear gloves and enter a cage. Damn.
    Member of the People's Freedom Movement

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,328Free
    Haven't seen Chris Spang fight yet but I think I have seen his brother if I'm not mistaken?

I think Amagov wins anyway the Russian takeover is coming guys just a matter of time!
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
    Megasoup said:

That's the handsomest guy who has ever dared to wear gloves and enter a cage. Damn.

Haha true, Spang used to be a model in Sweden
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    edited April 2013

Haven't seen Chris Spang fight yet but I think I have seen his brother if I'm not mistaken?

I think Amagov wins anyway the Russian takeover is coming guys just a matter of time!

Yeah that's his bro Andreas Spang. He's fought in Strikeforce and Bellator before.

I think if it stays standing Spang will pick his shots and give Amagov problems. Amagov has heavy hands but he throws wild punches. Spang is a very sharp technical striker but could get taken out if one of those bombs land. If it goes to the ground I give Amagov a big edge but he likes to stand and bang a bit more.

And yeah the new wave of Russians are killers. Very impressed with a lot of them
    Post edited by WalkLikeAWarrior707 on
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    Here's some videos if you guys are interested

Spang vs Burrell

Amagov HL

WBW - Cat Zingano
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,328Free

Yeah that's his bro Andreas Spang. He's fought in Strikeforce and Bellator before.

I think if it stays standing Spang will pick his shots and give Amagov problems. Amagov has heavy hands but he throws wild punches. Spang is a very sharp technical striker but could get taken out if one of those bombs land. If it goes to the ground I give Amagov a big edge but he likes to stand and bang a bit more.

And yeah the new wave of Russians are killers. Very impressed with a lot of them
    That's where I seen his brother Bellator after watching Burrell in his debut this Chris Spang must be dangerous if he finished him quick and word they have a lot of prospects right now who I think will go far like Shamhalaev he is taking Currans belt.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image

That's where I seen his brother Bellator after watching Burrell in his debut this Chris Spang must be dangerous if he finished him quick and word they have a lot of prospects right now who I think will go far like Shamhalaev he is taking Currans belt.
    Yeah Burrell looked really good in his UFC debut. So it's pretty impressive that Spang was able to pick him apart and take him out like he did.
    WBW - Cat Zingano
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,760Ultimate
    Megasoup said:

I thought it was Mike Ricci for a second
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    If he has no ground game,he shoudl not be in MMA,this is MIXED martial arts,not martial ART.
    That is the problem with this sport,the UFC is the biggest show and is still full of one dimensional fighters.
    The ONLY Champion that fights outside the box is Jones,everyone else is predictable.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,781Free
    spang loves to bang

but hes no michael page.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

zaksame said:

If he has no ground game,he shoudl not be in MMA,this is MIXED martial arts,not martial ART.
    That is the problem with this sport,the UFC is the biggest show and is still full of one dimensional fighters.
    The ONLY Champion that fights outside the box is Jones,everyone else is predictable.

He has a ground game, it's just not great. He has a win by submission. His grappling definitely isn't on par with his striking but it's not like he has zero grappling
    WBW - Cat Zingano
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    Forget it or remember this fight!

anyone remember that guy who posted?
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,157Free
    Megasoup said:

I agree Amagov is a good looking dude . . . :>
  • GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    This should be a fun one, both guys have looked great in their previous outings. I think Amagov takes this via better wrestling.
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • Bubba_PilksBubba_Pilks Posts: 8,410Free
    Megasoup said:

Adlan ?

Jokes
    Proud to be the Co-Founder of the GSP MAFIA !!!

Rory MacDonald: "I'm just in there to collect bodies!"

ARES, CIGANO, BONES, BARÅO
    SENATORS, PACKERS, BULLS, RED SOX

JBJF is a good poster

• TheOvereemTheOvereem Posts: 8,997Free
    PATSTER said:

Armagov is the guy who got the slam KO, right?

If so, Armagov via german suplex KO.

Nah you're thinking of the LW Rustam Khabilov who Ko'd Vinc Pichel with a suplex, he's fighting at 159

Overeem - Shogun - Mousasi - Manuwa - Bisping - Manhoef - Watson - Daley - Hardy - B.Henderson - McGregor - Pickett

Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast by night, all day!

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds