Mousassi at the Weigh ins

MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,277Free
He looked VERRRY bored and somewhat uninterested, kinda like thinking he had this in the bag already...

underestimating Ilir here ?

discuss.

Tagged:

Comments

• jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,824Free
    when was the last time he didnt fight a nobody?
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,277Free

PATSTER said:

That's just his personality.

Fedor, Gunnar Nelson, and many other fighters take the same approach.

agreed, but Mousasi is a bit different to me.

Fedor and Gunnar are just cold as ****

Mousasi looks like he's 24/7 sad and unmotivated
    epic sig.

edited April 2013
    gegard has always been calm, even in the cage he is calm, gets taken down doesnt care 1 bit hes a calm guy, his opponent could have him in full mount and mousasi wouldnt show any concern.he always has a clear head. Guys like that are the ones you should fear, the ones that come out all agressive and mouthy are the ones who have fear in them.

they are trying to hype up latifi's wrestling because we all know its mousasi's weakness but you cant throw a 1 dimensional fighter like latifi at mous he will always find a way to win.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"

• najmanajma Posts: 2,046Free

He looked VERRRY bored and somewhat uninterested, kinda like

every other fight in his career.

Dude, how many hours exactly have you been following MMA?

/joke thread

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,607Free
    How should he feel fighting a guy from the prestigious "SharkFight" organization, when he was originally scheduled to fight basically the #1 contender.

That being said I hope he takes this fight lightly and gets whooped. It would make for some good theater and forum fodder.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• secondsoutsecondsout Posts: 443Free
    His standard approach, nothing else.
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,319Free
    word on the street is Mousassi's gonna get wrestle ****ed

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,003Free

I think he can handle it. Of course you can feel free to remind of how wrong I was on Sunday morning if he can't. ;)
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    WAR GAYGOAT.
    Believe in Beard
    PATSTER said:

The GOAT of GAY

he guards the gays from guys like you [-(
    "Believe in the beard"

• BAMfreddrickBAMfreddrick Somewhere in AlbertaPosts: 4,949Free
    I was reading an interview the other day where mousasi said he hasn't trained a hard day in his life and that he's always taken his ability for granted just relying on ability and that he's never had any motivation. He also said there were several fights he barely even trained for at all and that his first ever serious camp was against kyle, He might of been exaggerating but I still found it interesting. He's a very apathetic guy. He also said that starting at the kyle fight he realized how disrespectful his attitude toward hard work was so he changed up his training to have strict structured camps for the first time. If this is all true it'll be scary to see a properly disciplined and trained mousasi. Again he might of been exaggerating and BSing some.

I was reading an interview the other day where mousasi said he hasn't trained a hard day in his life and that he's always taken his ability for granted just relying on ability and that he's never had any motivation. He also said there were several fights he barely even trained for at all and that his first ever serious camp was against kyle, He might of been exaggerating but I still found it interesting. He's a very apathetic guy. He also said that starting at the kyle fight he realized how disrespectful his attitude toward hard work was so he changed up his training to have strict structured camps for the first time. If this is all true it'll be scary to see a properly disciplined and trained mousasi. Again he might of been exaggerating and BSing some.

yeah agreed saw that too

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,319Free
    waikru said:

I think he can handle it. Of course you can feel free to remind of how wrong I was on Sunday morning if he can't. ;)
    i didn't say he would lose, but apparently the guy is a good wrestler and king mo was able to wrestle mousassi.

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• TheUnicornTheUnicorn Posts: 493Free
    PunchBag said:

gegard has always been calm, even in the cage he is calm, gets taken down doesnt care 1 bit hes a calm guy, his opponent could have him in full mount and mousasi wouldnt show any concern.he always has a clear head. Guys like that are the ones you should fear, the ones that come out all agressive and mouthy are the ones who have fear in them.

they are trying to hype up latifi's wrestling because we all know its mousasi's weakness but you cant throw a 1 dimensional fighter like latifi at mous he will always find a way to win.

I come out very aggressive and mouthy in my fight (only had 1 so far but its just my style) and i can illegitimately say I have no fear or worrys about my opponent
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Flyweight- Louis Gaudinot

Sigbet record 2-1
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,959Free
    Where's the Mousassi bandwagon cos i might buy a ticket.
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 778Free
    I think his approach would have been the same if his opponent was Gus or anybody else and I certainly do not expect him to be very excited fighting Latifi
    when there is nothing to gain but many things to lose.
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,269Free
    When you are the GOAT, no fight excites you
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • PabloskyPablosky Posts: 675Free
    edited April 2013
    i advice you to watch mousasi vs sobral SF fight... its pretty amazing the stare at the beginning of the fight he looked like a scared child into the cage....

after that... babalu got GnP'ed in one of the vicious KO i ever seen!!
    Post edited by Pablosky on
    thanks god im less stupid now!

• Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,531Free
    Latifi might win the 1st round with a takedown but after that he won't be able to stand. The dude cut 26 pounds in 3 days.

Mousasi via 2nd round knockout.
  • OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,078Free

PATSTER said:

That's just his personality.

Fedor, Gunnar Nelson, and many other fighters take the same approach.

agreed, but Mousasi is a bit different to me.

Fedor and Gunnar are just cold as ****

Mousasi looks like he's 24/7 sad and unmotivated
    10/10 sig image

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION

• rodrodMMA92rodrodMMA92 TexasPosts: 3,996Free
    Can't be worried about Mr. Irrelevant

21-16 SIG . . . . . 2-1 AV

Rua . . . . . . Penn . . . . . . Maia . . . . . .Van Soest . . . . . . Rousey . . . . . . . JDS . . . . . . Silva

imageimageimageTVSRouseyimageShogun

Latifi might win the 1st round with a takedown but after that he won't be able to stand. The dude cut 26 pounds in 3 days.

wow 26 pounds ? :O

where'd you get that from ? sounds like alot of cutting

• NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,435Free
    Not a single **** was given that day
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,046Free
    Wow, 26lbs?!

He needn't have done it! He should've called for a catchweight fight. The UFC wouldn've had trouble agreeing for that.
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,775Ultimate
    Watch his previous fights and thats how he always acts basically, a bit creepy actually
    UFC Community account: _Josh_

PunchBag said:

I come out very aggressive and mouthy in my fight (only had 1 so far but its just my style) and i can illegitimately say I have no fear or worrys about my opponent

pretty sure oyu would crap yourself if you got in that ring with mousasi, but i see no reason to be agressive or mouthy what does it acomplish other than making you look like a tool when you loose?
    "Believe in the beard"

• Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,531Free

wow 26 pounds ? :O

where'd you get that from ? sounds like alot of cutting
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/4/5/4187596/report-ilir-latifi-cut-26-pounds-three-days-make-weight-ufc-fuel-tv-9-mma
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,003Free

waikru said:

i didn't say he would lose, but apparently the guy is a good wrestler and king mo was able to wrestle mousassi.
    He was able to neutralize his wrestling by keeping him backed up against the cage at the other end of his jab through out the fight. Good strategy considering that he was not preparing for a wrestler.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"