The official Ilir Latifi appreciation thread

MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,250Free
edited April 2013 in UFC
I think not many people are appreciating him taking the fight on not even a week notice. (not many would take the fight...)
Cutting 26 pound in a week !!!

That's insane !!

I hope he doesnt get embarassed by mousassi...as mousassi and his experience etc. has a biiiig difference

He hasnt had a camp

I hope he gets a lower ranked fighter which he can show his true potential....

discuss.
Post edited by MIRKO_CRO_COP on

Tagged:

Comments

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,804Free
    edited April 2013
    if he beats mousasi it will be 1 of the biggest upsets in ufc history. arguably the biggest considering latifi is fighting on short notice as well as being a nobody with a less than stellar record and mous having only lost a handful of times and having been the sf and dream champ as well as being in his prime right now.

certainly more of an upset than gsp serra, serra wasnt a nobody and had some decent wins he was also the contender.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Team_MichaloffTeam_Michaloff Posts: 18Free
    edited April 2013
    Ilir is a beast !! he´s been training with big foot, uberreem and the rest overthere.
    when Gus was out Ilir got in the car and in the morning next day at 4am he was in place.
    you gotta respect that. but then again he´s from Malmo ;)
    Post edited by Team_Michaloff on
    In case you ever wondered what it's like to be knockedout it's like waking up from a nightmare only to discover it wasn't a dream
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,024Free
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,896Free
    There's obv a reason he's got the chance to fight Mousassi and i wouldn't count him out
  • PabloskyPablosky Posts: 674Free
    He has no chance, and i think its pretty irresponsable taking a fight with such short notice.
    thanks god im less stupid now!

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,581Free
    I bet there were quite a few Swedish-circuit bums willing to step up and take the fight. Taking the fight on short notice probably guarantees he fights at least 1 more time in the UFC
  • MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,250Free
    Pablosky said:

He has no chance, and i think its pretty irresponsable taking a fight with such short notice.

now you say its "irresponsable" BUT if he wouldnt have taken it and the news would be latifi didnt take it you would say he's a **** and is ducking or so or he's not man enough to fight or you would take the chance to fight in the ufc....

• WalkLikeAWarrior707WalkLikeAWarrior707 Posts: 6,005Free
    Much respect for him even taking the fight. Like Florian has said, Gegard has struggled with strong wrestlers and Latifi is that. He could very well give Gegard problems. We'll see what happens
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,240Free
    I don't appreciate cans
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,250Free
  • GstarUkGstarUk Posts: 7,194Free
    The guy deserves another chance to fight with a proper fight camp just like the mighty hippo did

WAR Latifi
  • Built2DestroyBuilt2Destroy Posts: 288Free
    He stepped up, so he deserves another chance after today even if he was to lose.

The big question is, what happens to Mousasi if Latifi knocks him out in the first round?
    Norwegian guy here, so excuse my English
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,804Free
    mous will most likely have a 3-5 fight contract already.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    Why would he need any notice,it is the same for his opponent?These guys are suppose to be in shape and ready to fight at all times.
    He fought dumb,even with out any game plan,he knows what he is a top class wrestler,but chose to not wrestle and that is becuase he is a crap fighter,nothing but a roiding giant.
    he had ZERO excuse he was massive,big time size advantage over Gegard,he looked to be easily 225-240,while Gegard looked no bigger than Damian Maia who hangs out at 170.He even had the PERFECT style to beat a guy like Gegard,tons of power with wrestling.

They said he trains with Gusty all the time,so he has been training with a TOP level fighter,he SHOULD have been ready.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    zaksame said:

Why would he need any notice,it is the same for his opponent?These guys are suppose to be in shape and ready to fight at all times.
    He fought dumb,even with out any game plan,he knows what he is a top class wrestler,but chose to not wrestle and that is becuase he is a crap fighter,nothing but a roiding giant.
    he had ZERO excuse he was massive,big time size advantage over Gegard,he looked to be easily 225-240,while Gegard looked no bigger than Damian Maia who hangs out at 170.He even had the PERFECT style to beat a guy like Gegard,tons of power with wrestling.

They said he trains with Gusty all the time,so he has been training with a TOP level fighter,he SHOULD have been ready.

i hate you
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,549Free
    Vagina Monologue < Zaksame post
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT