WHY BE A FIGHTER IF YOU DON'T FIGHT ?

AxeMurduhAxeMurduh ShuragogaunepechwanPosts: 1,918Free
Why back peddle the whole fight ? Like Ryan Couture just did. Im glad to see him get knocked.

Tagged:

Comments

• IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,881Free
    Is he as good as his dad (chuckles)
  • BAMfreddrickBAMfreddrick Somewhere in AlbertaPosts: 4,949Free
    Ryan Couture isn't really that good in any area...

• KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 777Free
    Cut Ryan Cut oor and nothing happens
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • More and more fighters are trying to play the counters and not taking charge. I think the judges need to point more on aggression and octagon control. Look at Machida in his last fight with Hendo. He just stood there waiting for Hendo to bring it, waiting on a counter. If Hendo woulda just stood there too, the fight woulda never happened! It's kinda just the way the sport has evolved.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,232Free

More and more fighters are trying to play the counters and not taking charge. I think the judges need to point more on aggression and octagon control. Look at Machida in his last fight with Hendo. He just stood there waiting for Hendo to bring it, waiting on a counter. If Hendo woulda just stood there too, the fight woulda never happened! It's kinda just the way the sport has evolved.

lol and this guy is a fan of Georges
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,192Free
    edited April 2013

More and more fighters are trying to play the counters and not taking charge. I think the judges need to point more on aggression and octagon control. Look at Machida in his last fight with Hendo. He just stood there waiting for Hendo to bring it, waiting on a counter. If Hendo woulda just stood there too, the fight woulda never happened! It's kinda just the way the sport has evolved.

That's not really accurate. After plodding forward and winging two big punches missing and occasionally getting countered with punches, kicks or knees Dan gave up halfway into the second and he took the whole third off and Machida took the intiative and started picking Dan apart. Machida is not stupid you don't go after a fighter like him in the first round and you definitely don't stay in the pocket and slug it out with him or it will not end well.
    Post edited by StompGrind on
  • More and more fighters are trying to play the counters and not taking charge. I think the judges need to point more on aggression and octagon control. Look at Machida in his last fight with Hendo. He just stood there waiting for Hendo to bring it, waiting on a counter. If Hendo woulda just stood there too, the fight woulda never happened! It's kinda just the way the sport has evolved.

lol and this guy is a fan of Georges

Take your weak trollin somewhere else there chummmmmmp...
    Machida is trying to finish people and there is an art to it the way he does it.

It's those Guida like bastards that are giving stick n' move strategy a bad wrap.
  • Canadian_ConnectionCanadian_Connection Posts: 228Free
    edited April 2013
    I dunno... I got a lot of respect for Machida, but he doesn't BRING the fight. Henderson should have been given more credit for being the one to initiate. If Hendo woulda just stood their waiting for Machida to do something too, then the fight woulda never happened. It woulda just been 2 guys waiting for the other to do something.

I get your point though there Grind.
    Post edited by Canadian_Connection on
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    The definition is NOT about just throwing caution to the wind,you ALWAYS have to fight smart.Geesh SMART goes a long way in every day real life,why toss it out the window just because you are fighting.
    If anything,you NEED to be 100x smarter as a fighter because one injury could cost you thousands of dollars or maybe even millions.Look at Gusty,one simple cut and he was not able to fight,he lost a lot of money and the potential to move up the ladder.

Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
    Machida brings it he's just patient about how he brings it. His main tactic is attacking by drawing and interception and that's a tricky game to play because you'll run right into something if your timing is off but if the opponent doesn't bite he does take the initiative himself and pick them apart with kicks and short punch blitz combinations.

That's pretty much what happened in the Hendo fight. After a round and a half of Dan plodding forward and missing with haymakers Machida started to intercept with knees and land the occasional kicks and punches when Dan started hesitating and was mentally defeated so he just stood there half way through the second and third and that's when Machida started picking him apart pretty good.

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,547Free
    Macheater...zzzzzz....

Gayboys in Undisputed used to fight like that. Whole lot of running men in that game, but, alas, I still miss it.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    AxeMurduh said:

Why back peddle the whole fight ? Like Ryan Couture just did. Im glad to see him get knocked.

Ross was to big of a step for Couture...i knew this would happen...Danas punishment has only started :(
  • DCDWDCDW Posts: 660Free

AxeMurduh said:

Ross was to big of a step for Couture...i knew this would happen...Danas punishment has only started :(
    Agreed, Next fight for Ryan Couture is vs Anderson Silva at a catch weight of 185.

• JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    DCDW said:

AxeMurduh said:

Agreed, Next fight for Ryan Couture is vs Anderson Silva at a catch weight of 185.

=)) poor Ryan :(
  • jayzeejayzee Posts: 2,018Free
    If I ever have a pet chicken, its name will be Lyoto 'the chicken' Machida

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free
    edited April 2013
    At least Randy can't blame his falling out with the UFC as the reason to cut Ryan now........
    Post edited by JimmyYO on

Sig Bet Record: 10-1

• MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free
    I know!

Can't believe Gus ducked this fight...
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,820Free
    It's not a fight, it's a sporting competition.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
    jayzee said:

Classic
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• PabloskyPablosky Posts: 674Free
    jayzee said:

beware of getting KOed
    thanks god im less stupid now!

jayzee said:

If you enter him in a cockfight he would be great at avoiding damage and keeping his little chicken face pretty.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"