Mousasi came into the fight with a knee injury, needs surgery.

SolidStateLogicSolidStateLogic Posts: 4,184Free
Thought something might have been up, he's fought a lot of bums throughout his career but usually finishes them pretty easily.
Overeem - Hari - Spong - Daley - Hardy - Manhoef - A. Silva - Rutten - Diaz Bros
Tagged:

Comments

• BAMfreddrickBAMfreddrick Somewhere in AlbertaPosts: 4,949Free
    I was wondering why he threw no real kicks at all

• Brent555Brent555 Posts: 3,106Free
    What a beast.
    boxing@boxing.nv.gov <boxing@boxing.nv.gov>

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard
    Stuff like this always sounds worse right after the fight though. How many times have we heard reports about a fighter being injured and needing surgery immediately after a fight, then it turns out the injury wasn't nearly as bad as it was made out to be?

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,326Free
    edited April 2013
    While i respect the fighter toughing it out and fighting anyway at the same time i feel like If you decided you were well enough to fight i don't want to hear about how you should have, could have and would have did this or that better but didn't.

The thing i dislike about it is that the injured fighter if they lose they have an excuse and if they only do mediocre they get put on a pedestal and the sad part is the other fighter gets zero credit. If they do amazing they get put on a pedestal even more and usually get a swelled head from everyone around them telling them how amazing they are for having performed like that injured.

You want to talk about strategy and some things you could have done better fine but i don't want to hear excuses for your performance while down playing your opponents performance on the slick.
    Post edited by StompGrind on
  • SolidStateLogicSolidStateLogic Posts: 4,184Free

While i respect the fighter toughing it out and fighting anyway at the same time i feel like If you decided you were well enough to fight i don't want to hear about how you should have, could have and would have did this or that better but didn't.

The thing i dislike about it is that the injured fighter if they lose they have an excuse and if they only do mediocre they get put on a pedestal and the sad part is the other fighter gets zero credit. If they do amazing they get put on a pedestal even more and usually get a swelled head from everyone around them telling them how amazing they are for having performed like that injured.

You want to talk about strategy and some things you could have done better fine but i don't want to hear excuses for your performance while down playing your opponents performance on the slick.

Yeah I guess so, he's just trying to cover his back for not finishing someone that everyone thought should have been a quick and easy win for him. He'll be back, he should fight Gus still.

Hopefully he's not out for too long with the injury, he usually fights regularly. There are a lot of exciting match ups for him at LHW.
    Overeem - Hari - Spong - Daley - Hardy - Manhoef - A. Silva - Rutten - Diaz Bros
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,950Free

Dana appreciated there sacrifice(both of them)and he acknowledged there warrior Spirit...regardless of there Injuries or weight loss etc...they fought...not like Gus...theres no shame in saying i was hurt or i had to lose 27lbs in 4 days b4 the fight etc...but your not a fighter(warrior)like these 2 B-)
  • GstarUkGstarUk Posts: 7,194Free
    Top 10 my ****.
    He gonna get lit up in the ufc lhw division.
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,099Premium

Mousasi fights with broken leg.....Gus pulls out with small cut

I guess that's the difference between a mixed martial arts competitor and a warrior.
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

• Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,531Free
    Latifi's gameplan was to go out there and lose but not get finished. He did nothing but run away and circle out.

I don't blame Gegard for not trying to chase him down especially if he was out there gimp. Mousasi stood in front of him the entire fight and landed jabs and a few crosses at will. Latifi just circled out and refused to commit to anything. He did cut a ridiculous amount of weight so I'm going to give him a break. He did step up on extremely short notice weighing 232.
  • EpilogueEpilogue Posts: 124Free
  • DerkJitsuDerkJitsu Posts: 150Free

Why not? Is it fair then for fans to bash a fighter for his performance after he was hyped? If Gegard had a legit injury that procluded him from putting on a better performance then I don't see why it's such a negative for him to state that. I think there are legitimate excuses that can be made and poor excuses. The bottom line is Gus backed out of the fight with a cut, but Gegard continued on with the fight despite having an injury. That's impressive. I think Latifi, or whatever his name is, deserves respect for stepping in the cage with a great fighter. But with that said, Latifi needs to learn how to strike. Watching him strike was almost laughable at times.
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,080Free

Latifi's gameplan was to go out there and lose but not get finished. He did nothing but run away and circle out.

Latifi's plan was to NOT GAS after the 1st round. He had had no training camp. Remember that?

• BAMfreddrickBAMfreddrick Somewhere in AlbertaPosts: 4,949Free
    Latifi vs Hamil anyone?

• BagdadBobBagdadBob Posts: 111Ultimate

and last but not least: fighting with a flu and a knee injury is already impressive, but accepting a risky lose-lose fight in a 5 days notice with a flu and a knee injury is mad beastly

As I also can remember he had cancer, reumatism and a pimple on his **** during the fight. What a man!!! I am awaiting the medical report and expect a surgery quick as hell and a recovery period of at least 8 months. Then we can talk about a serious kneeinjury which 95% of all fighters in the UFC would have cancelled the fight for.
    I

Dana appreciated there sacrifice(both of them)and he acknowledged there warrior Spirit...regardless of there Injuries or weight loss etc...they fought...not like Gus...theres no shame in saying i was hurt or i had to lose 27lbs in 4 days b4 the fight etc...but your not a fighter(warrior)like these 2 B-)

I did appreciated it. I just don't like people using it as a excuse for thier performance or to put themselves on a higher pedestal while downplaying thier opponent like they didn't have anything to do with with them not performing as well. That really bugs me because almost everyone comes in with some kind of jnjury or circumstance that inerferred with thier camp. It's extremely rare a to have a perfect camp go off without a hitch and that's how it goes and a lot of fighters don't mention it and unless asked i don't think they should. Just my 2 cents.
    DerkJitsu said:

Why not? Is it fair then for fans to bash a fighter for his performance after he was hyped? If Gegard had a legit injury that procluded him from putting on a better performance then I don't see why it's such a negative for him to state that. I think there are legitimate excuses that can be made and poor excuses. The bottom line is Gus backed out of the fight with a cut, but Gegard continued on with the fight despite having an injury. That's impressive. I think Latifi, or whatever his name is, deserves respect for stepping in the cage with a great fighter. But with that said, Latifi needs to learn how to strike. Watching him strike was almost laughable at times.

Like i said above i just hate excuses in any form but what i dislike the most is it's disrespectful to the opponent as if they didn't have issues coming into the fight or like they would have gotten crushed if the other fighter wasn't injured. Maybe they would have but they didn't and the injured fighter almost always ignores that thier opponent had something to do with thier crappy or less than stellar performance.

Like i said above i just hate excuses in any form but what i dislike the most is it's disrespectful to the opponent as if they didn't have issues coming into the fight or like they would have gotten crushed if the other fighter wasn't injured. Maybe they would have but they didn't and the injured fighter almost always ignores that thier opponent had something to do with thier crappy or less than stellar performance.

He only said it because people were being disrespectful to him and talking about his subpar performance. If people are saying stuff like that about you, then you are probably gonna mention it if you came into the fight with a major injury.

Brent555 said:

He only said it because people were being disrespectful to him and talking about his subpar performance. If people are saying stuff like that about you, then you are probably gonna mention it if you came into the fight with a major injury.
    He mentioned it first thing after the fight though and no one was booing atleast no more than the usual knuckleheads that boo if it isn't Garcia vs Zombie the whole fight.