Rate Yesterdays Event !

MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,220Free
Despite not having big names on it, i thought it was really great !

sick scrambles
slick subs
nice k.o's
some good wars

total 8.5/10 !

Tagged:

Comments

• MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,220Free

It was ok.

"ok" ?

did you see it ? it was awesome

• Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,140Free
    edited April 2013
    3/10. One of the worst cards in recent memory. Closest card that was as bad as this one was Marquadt vs Okami. Your standards must be awfully low if you rated this as 8.5/10. If this event was that good, what was Hendo vs Shogun? 100/10? LoL. No offense, but last Thursday's Bellator and Invicta were a ton better than this event.
    Post edited by Za1994 on
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
    Za1994 said:

3/10. One of the worst cards in recent memory. Closest card that was as bad as this one was Marquadt vs Okami. Your standards must be awfully low if you rated this as 8.5/10. If this event was that good, what was Hendo vs Shogun? 100/10? LoL. No offense, but last Thursday's Bellator and Invicta were a ton better than this event.

what the **** man `?

considering that there were no big names and pretty weak promoting for this card. it was more than good.

you have waaaay too high standards if you give this card a 3/10

Za1994 said:

what the **** man `?

considering that there were no big names and pretty weak promoting for this card. it was more than good.

No. I watched Invicta's event last night from start to finish and it was a lot better than this UFC card. I gaved that event a 7/10 but you would never know because you probably never saw it. Invicta doesn't even have any big names and they still dominated this UFC event. And as for Bellator's thursday fights, they absolutely destroyed this card if you're trying to compare. I would've gaved that Bellator card a 8.5/10. And no way was this UFC card anywhere close to 8.5/10. I would've gaved it a 4.5 at the most. At the very most generous 4.5 would had been a max rating for me. This card wasn't that good. It had some okay fights but Bellator and Invicta blew this card out the water.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • GstarUkGstarUk Posts: 7,194Free
    6/10.

For a free card, it had some pretty good fights. Nothing outstanding tho.
    Za1994 said:

Za1994 said:

what the **** man `?

No. I watched Invicta's event last night from start to finish and it was a lot better than this UFC card. I gaved that event a 7/10 but you would never know because you probably never saw it. Invicta doesn't even have any big names and they still dominated this UFC event. And as for Bellator's thursday fights, they absolutely destroyed this card if you're trying to compare. I would've gaved that Bellator card a 8.5/10. And no way was this UFC card anywhere close to 8.5/10. I would've gaved it a 4.5 at the most. At the very most generous 4.5 would had been a max rating for me. This card wasn't that good. It had some okay fights but Bellator and Invicta blew this card out the water.
    actually i saw both cards...why do you assume i never saw it ?

I also like bellator a lot, but that aint no surprise they deliver good fights all the time

Za1994 said:

Za1994 said:

what the **** man `?

I also like bellator a lot, but that aint no surprise they deliver good fights all the time
    No. You obviously have never seen them because if you rated this UFC event a 8.5/10 then Invicta and Bellator would've been 17.5/10 and 20/10 respectively. This event was very mediocre to me and Invicta and Bellator more than enough made my MMA week for me.
    Represent Roufusport:
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • mutharashamutharasha Posts: 692Free
    Wasn't the best Fuel/FX card I've seen but it was decent, 7/10
    #StillRallyingForMarkHunt

UFC 160 = the night Kiwis will fly.

The Kuddles Krew yo - Vitor ''The Phenom'' Belfort, Chael Sonnen, TJ Dillashaw, Frankie ''The Answer'' Edgar, Pat ''HD'' Barry, Erik Perez, Darrell Montague, Robert Drysdale, Charles ''Do Bronx'' Oliveira, Thiago Silva

FABIO!

Survivor Series 1 Runner Up (boy crie :'((((((((( )

Za1994 said:

Za1994 said:

Za1994 said:

what the **** man `?

No. You obviously have never seen them because if you rated this UFC event a 8.5/10 then Invicta and Bellator would've been 17.5/10 and 20/10 respectively. This event was very mediocre to me and Invicta and Bellator more than enough made my MMA week for me.
    dude you do realize that everyone has their own opinion and system of rating them ? I give this event a 8.5 because of how it has been talked about being a **** card with no name fighters and it wont deliver anything. it hasnt been promoted. all those things. it was a fuel tv card BUT then the fights, i was not expecting much, but got very much like i said: great submissions, k.o's, new prospects, scrambles, technical battles and little wars...that's why i rate it so high. i didnt see a boring fight last night. i really enjoyed the card.

dont act like you're the mma boss here, respect others opinion. and dont say: you obviously have never seen bellator cause that was like way better...Like that would matter, eventhough i have seen both events i dont rate this event worse cause other events were better. i look at it individually.

• the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,037Premium
    multiple cards of differing qualities can be rated 10/10 just like a close round and a one sided round can be scored 10/9. Nobody ever said 10 was exclusively for the best card ever and all others are compared to it.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
  • Built2DestroyBuilt2Destroy Posts: 288Free
    It was pretty good if you ask me.
    Norwegian guy here, so excuse my English
  • shark26shark26 Posts: 109Free
    what is with the which one is better crap ... sound like a bunch of girls ... who cares ,,, if you loved the event , liked it or hated it ... its all personal preference

OMG Sharks

Fighters i Like to watch : JDS | Cain | R. Mcdonald | Aldo | Edgar | Rampage | A Silva | E Silva | BJ Penn | Mir |
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,646Free
    I dont watch UFC so I dont know

But the Bellator and Invicta cards were the bomb for sure
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    WarWest said:

lmao

• JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,760Ultimate
    I didn't really enjoy it that much, not a "bad" card but the FUEL cards are usually known for having lesser names but awesome fights, I'd say this was similar to the Macao card imo in terms of excitement etc.

The prelims sound like they were entertaining though
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,817Free
    The main event was a joke. Still some good fights, but only 5/10.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,534Free
    Bellator always kicks a$$ man. Subs and KOs all over the place. It just seems like their fighters go for broke and put it all on the line way more than the UFC guys. Maybe its the tournament format that brings out the animal in the Bellator fighters?

Hell they even had a nut shot TKO 2 events ago. It was hilarious. I think Rhino is my favorite guy to watch in all of MMA right now and he's been consistently winning me underdog money.

WAR BELLATOR

Back on topic I hated this last UFC event, 0/10, because it was on early and I missed it.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,817Free

Bellator always kicks a$$ man. Subs and KOs all over the place. It just seems like their fighters go for broke and put it all on the line way more than the UFC guys. Maybe its the tournament format that brings out the animal in the Bellator fighters?

Hell they even had a nut shot TKO 2 events ago. It was hilarious. I think Rhino is my favorite guy to watch in all of MMA right now and he's been consistently winning me underdog money.

WAR BELLATOR

Back on topic I hated this last UFC event, 0/10, because it was on early and I missed it.

They showed it 3 times back to back to back.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,534Free

WAR BELLATOR

They showed it 3 times back to back to back.
    Haha I was pretty hungover yesterday, so once I realized I missed it the first time I just said F it.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

Jbrahams said:

I didn't really enjoy it that much, not a "bad" card but the FUEL cards are usually known for having lesser names but awesome fights, I'd say this was similar to the Macao card imo in terms of excitement etc.

The prelims sound like they were entertaining though

prelims were awesome

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,328Free
    7/10 considering the card looked weak on paper and I missed the Papy, Alloway and Lawlor fights not a bad night of fights at all imo, would have likely scored it higher if I had seen the other fights.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    8/10.

Some good prelims.
    Main card was kick **** besides the main event.
    Believe in Beard
  • Andy_AndersonAndy_Anderson Posts: 572Free
    WarWest said:

lol!

edited April 2013

dude you do realize that everyone has their own opinion and system of rating them ? I give this event a 8.5 because of how it has been talked about being a **** card with no name fighters and it wont deliver anything. it hasnt been promoted. all those things. it was a fuel tv card BUT then the fights, i was not expecting much, but got very much like i said: great submissions, k.o's, new prospects, scrambles, technical battles and little wars...that's why i rate it so high. i didnt see a boring fight last night. i really enjoyed the card.

dont act like you're the mma boss here, respect others opinion. and dont say: you obviously have never seen bellator cause that was like way better...Like that would matter, eventhough i have seen both events i dont rate this event worse cause other events were better. i look at it individually.

Their were talks about it being a **** card, and it delivered as a very mediocre card. There were a few good fights here and there, but the last Invicta event and Bellator event had even better fights on there. So how would YOU rank those two other cards then? Because if you don't rank them higher than 8.5 then your too much of a Zuffa Zombie for me to be talking to you. The event was not as awesome as your making it out to be, it was mediocre. If I had the choice to rewatch it, I wouldn't. If I can go back in time and unsee what I had already seen, I would skip it because it wasn't worth the time. The card was VERY mediocre. The only fights that really stood out were Brimage vs Irish dude, Reza vs MJ, and Pickett vs Easton (Kaufmann vs Leslie and Richman vs Frodo Khasbulaev was a lot better than that fight btw, they showed good technique in the pocket and nice ducking and weaving, but those two fights that I mentioned were a much better fight)

I never said I was the MMA boss. When did I say that?? LOL. I respect your opinion, your the one getting butthurt over mines for not agreeing that it was a 8.5/10 event when I feel like it was a 3/10 event. And I really was serious when I said that Invicta and Bellator had better fights this week. And I'm serious in wanting to know your ratings for those two shows if you rated this UFC event so high. Because to me it wasn't that high. Dude, last week's Bellator event wasn't that great. I gave that show a 5.5 maybe a 6 out of 10. If you don't rate it to compare it to other events then WHAT IS THE POINT OF RATING IT??? Its like the movies. You watch it, and then you rate it and compare it to other movies that you have seen. But I don't think you understand that notion. Just because I don't agree with your ratings mean that I'm being disrespectful towards you?? Geez. Talk about being sensitive.
    Post edited by Za1994 on
    Represent Roufusport:
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
    edited April 2013
    Za1994 said:

Their were talks about it being a **** card, and it delivered as a very mediocre card. There were a few good fights here and there, but the last Invicta event and Bellator event had even better fights on there. So how would YOU rank those two other cards then? Because if you don't rank them higher than 8.5 then your too much of a Zuffa Zombie for me to be talking to you. The event was not as awesome as your making it out to be, it was mediocre. If I had the choice to rewatch it, I wouldn't. If I can go back in time and unsee what I had already seen, I would skip it because it wasn't worth the time. The card was VERY mediocre. The only fights that really stood out were Brimage vs Irish dude, Reza vs MJ, and Pickett vs Easton (Kaufmann vs Leslie and Richman vs Frodo Khasbulaev was a lot better than that fight btw, they showed good technique in the pocket and nice ducking and weaving, but those two fights that I mentioned were a much better fight)

I never said I was the MMA boss. When did I say that?? LOL. I respect your opinion, your the one getting butthurt over mines for not agreeing that it was a 8.5/10 event when I feel like it was a 3/10 event. And I really was serious when I said that Invicta and Bellator had better fights this week. And I'm serious in wanting to know your ratings for those two shows if you rated this UFC event so high. Because to me it wasn't that high. Dude, last week's Bellator event wasn't that great. I gave that show a 5.5 maybe a 6 out of 10. If you don't rate it to compare it to other events then WHAT IS THE POINT OF RATING IT??? Its like the movies. You watch it, and then you rate it and compare it to other movies that you have seen. But I don't think you understand that notion. Just because I don't agree with your ratings mean that I'm being disrespectful towards you?? Geez. Talk about being sensitive.

pretty gotten to

oh and tl/dr

i assume you just said the same thing just repeated yourself and made it longer.
    Post edited by MIRKO_CRO_COP on

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,781Free
    6.5 out of 10

overall it was entertaining but most of the good fights were not on the main card.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• TheOvereemTheOvereem Posts: 8,997Free
    Solid 7/10, really enjoyed it! Main event was fairly disappointing, but nobody was really expecting a competitive fight, high risk low reward fight for Mousasi

Overeem - Shogun - Mousasi - Manuwa - Bisping - Manhoef - Watson - Daley - Hardy - B.Henderson - McGregor - Pickett

Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast by night, all day!

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• WalkLikeAWarrior707WalkLikeAWarrior707 Posts: 6,003Free
    7/10 for me. Enjoyed the undercard a lot. Main card was pretty solid with some good finishes and fights. Mousasi vs Latifi was a little disappointing. If Gegard fought Gustafsson it would have been so much better. Solid card though IMO
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka