Just realized. Today it's the 6th birthday of Pride death. Still too much Pride fangirls?

Fedor_Last_Can_CrusherFedor_Last_Can_Crusher Posts: 36Free
edited April 2013 in Outside the UFC
Like back in that day or their numbers are decreasing year by year(only the most annoying nuthuggers continue to boring us) and things are slowly getting more normal and peaceful? If so let's forever celebrate this day.
Post edited by sobercorrupt on
B.J. Penn in the WW > 3 Wins(2 against Hughes) - 1 Draw - 5 Losses(ok, 1 against greased GSP kkkk...).

Comments

• JonBonesJonesFanJonBonesJonesFan Posts: 13,363Free
    Anderson Silva = the best fighter ever
    Fedor = the close second best fighter ever
    The GOAT Rain_Wizard slapped the taste out of my mouth.

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    6 year anniversary huh, I'll treat myself to some HL on youtube
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,731Free
    I loved Pride

But just like the sopranos, it's over
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Ninja_NujabesNinja_Nujabes Posts: 456Free
    edited April 2013
    Pride over UFC anyday..the fights where just way better. But hey we cant go back so just enjoy the fights we have now. But i 100% agree with Diaz, the UFC is geared towards wrestlers too much. Lay and pray all night all day. I-)
    Post edited by Ninja_Nujabes on
    WAR 209 !
    anderson silva, greatest of all time
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• najmanajma Posts: 2,038Free

Anderson Silva = the best fighter ever
    Fedor = the close second best fighter ever

You're a wise man.

And these 2 lead by a huge margin.

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,006Free
    The Green Goblin is the GOAT.

Fedor and Anderson follow closely.
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,038Free
  • CaptainSupermanCaptainSuperman Posts: 10,101Free
    The thing that made Pride so great was back then, fighters weren't evenly matched or well trained in all aspects like they are today. This applies to UFC fighters as well, but Pride had the ruleset it had with stomps and knees to the head. Pair that with mismatches, and you get these really awesome fights.

I don't think bringing those rules to todays UFC would generate even HALF of the number of amazing fights that we seen from Pride.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,604Free
    What's your problem with Pride? It was very entertaining and the UFC would produce better fights if lay n pray chumps were getting yellow cards.

Plus Pride Mode was waaay better than the default UFC rules in Undisputed 3.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• NewGuy2000NewGuy2000 Posts: 1,618Free
    Oh yes, I remember the Last Emperor all too well. It was one of my first ships in which I did 3 deployments. Its crew was one of the finest crews I have ever had the privilege of serving with on-board the Last Emperor. These men would go to great lengths for each other and there is no doubt in my mind each crew member would gladly sacrifice his life to save another.

The voyages on-board the Last Emperor was certainly no vacation cruise. We were bombarded with rogue waves, typhoons, tsunamis and attacks from many other ships. It is amazing a vessel of this stature have withstood the prowess of the seven seas and not to mention the constant bombardment of missiles from much bigger, more modern and stealthier ships. The Last Emperor is neither a war ship nor is it a ship built of armor. It is plain and simple - like that of an 18th century ship with oars and sails and armed with nothing more than a few cannons. Yet, through thick and thin, we have survived all the perilous voyages which nearly took the life of half our crew.

There were times I said my prayers and farewells while getting my raft ready for abandon-ship...Just when all hopes seemed lost, the Last Emperor manages to put up its sail to catch the wind in the nick of time and sail on to safety. Those were dangerous times on-board the Last Emperor, but if I could do it all over again, I would not change a thing.

Long live the Last Emperor. Your crew will always remember you as you are indeed - one of the finest vessels to have ever graced the seas.
  • MMA_FTWMMA_FTW Co-Owner of the UFCPosts: 6,818Free

Pride over UFC anyday..the fights where just way better. But hey we cant go back so just enjoy the fights we have now. But i 100% agree with Diaz, the UFC is geared towards wrestlers too much. Lay and pray all night all day. I-)

Nick Diaz was 100% on the money about that and how he preferred having the yellow card brought back to prevent stalling. One of the few times I've agreed with him.
    "Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now. I - I can't... Where's Granddad? Can I help you, sir?"