Rousey on Fallon Fox

DangerousJonDangerousJon Posts: 228Free
edited April 2013 in UFC
“She can try hormones, chop her pecker off, but it’s still the same bone structure a man has,” Rousey told The Post. “It’s an advantage. I don’t think it’s fair.” “I understand the UFC doesn’t want to be associated with views like (Mitrione’s),” Rousey said. “I’m also glad they didn’t straight cut him.” Rousey told the post she had competed against hermaphroditic athletes in Judo and had no problems because “that was something they didn’t choose” but she feels Fox is in a different category because it’s a situation of her own making. “It’s not something that happened to her,” Rousey said. “It was a decision she made. She should be aware in her career after that, it’s going to be an arduous path. I don’t know why she’s surprised by that. It’s going to draw a lot of emotions.” Rousey would prefer not to fight Fox, but she would if the UFC insisted. “What if she became UFC champion and we had a transgender women’s champion?” Rousey said. “It’s a very socially difficult situation.”

http://www.tapnapsnap.com/ronda-rousey-on-transgendered-mma-fighter-fallon-fox-she-can-chop-her-pecker-off-shes-still-a-man/

Post edited by DangerousJon on
"Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself, makes you fearless." Lao Tzu

text
Tagged:

Comments

• DangerousJonDangerousJon Posts: 228Free
    That's what I was thinking. I feel like she definitely doesn't want Fallon around but doesn't want the same fate.
    "Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself, makes you fearless." Lao Tzu

text
  • Bubba_PilksBubba_Pilks Posts: 8,410Free

rousey second mitrione's thoughts but she can't say it

Pretty Much what I was thinking and I certainly can't disagree with her thoughts.
    Proud to be the Co-Founder of the GSP MAFIA !!!

Rory MacDonald: "I'm just in there to collect bodies!"

ARES, CIGANO, BONES, BARÅO
    SENATORS, PACKERS, BULLS, RED SOX

JBJF is a good poster

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,675Free
    I would bang Honda

I would bang Fox with Sober's Cuban
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Dark_HorseDark_Horse Posts: 2,035Free
    Anyone else think Dana is just using Fox for publicity?
    Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the Devil.
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    edited April 2013

Anyone else think Dana is just using Fox for publicity?

probably
    Post edited by fobar on

• bluesybluesy Posts: 2,836Free
    I thought Ronda said she could beat up Miesha's boyfriend, at one point. Why start caring now? I thought she was crazy and had brass balls.
  • Built2DestroyBuilt2Destroy Posts: 288Free
    I guess she'll get away with saying that too.
    Norwegian guy here, so excuse my English
  • EpilogueEpilogue Posts: 124Free
    I wanna hear Cyborg weigh in on this... Dana needs to set up Fox vs Cyborg... the man that wants to be a woman vs the woman that wants to be a man... sign the contract big boys ;)
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,536Free
    Epilogue said:

I wanna hear Cyborg weigh in on this... Dana needs to set up Fox vs Cyborg... the man that wants to be a woman vs the woman that wants to be a man... sign the contract big boys ;)

Cyboy vs Falman. Classic
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

Cyborg has already gone on record saying she would fight Fallon as long as Fox was tested and not on TRT

• GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    fobar said:

Cyborg has already gone on record saying she would fight Fallon as long as Fox was tested and not on TRT

Wow, Cyborg talking about drug abuse- this stuff just writes itself.

Also, I agree with Rousey, it's a physical advantage plain and simple.
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,819Free
    Galvanik said:

fobar said:

Wow, Cyborg talking about drug abuse- this stuff just writes itself.

Also, I agree with Rousey, it's a physical advantage plain and simple.
    They have weigh divisions. Rousey is probably similar to a 135 lb. man.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free

They have weigh divisions. Rousey is probably similar to a 135 lb. man.

Not in bone structure she isn't, and that's a big deal.
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • This is how Mitrione shoulda said it. I know it's a sensitive issue but really at what point do we stop worrying about being politically corrent, and just be real.

For a man to get a sex change and then fight women is not right.

What's next? Second rate male fighters who can't win a belt in a mens division, so they chop their junk off and fight women to win a belt?
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    Probably the ONLY time i will ever agree with Rousey,it doesn't even take rocket science and yes she is also right the UFC was more afraid of backlash than using common sense.
    it says two things ,Mitrione has more balls than White and more common sense and actually a third,Mitrione is REAL not FAKE like White.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • EpilogueEpilogue Posts: 124Free
    Fox is in a lose-lose situation now... if she loses, she loses and if she wins, people will see it as a man beating a woman...
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,197Free
    Epilogue said:

Fox is in a lose-lose situation now... if she loses, she loses and if she wins, people will see it as a man beating a woman...

I don't think she cares. Why did I call her she?

Anyway Fallon (whatever you want to call it) knows in her mind that he is a man trying to justify beating up women. He doesn't give a ****.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

Maybe the commission needs someone like Mitrione who couldve stepped up and said "NO were are not giving this DUDE a license to fight women" instead of letting a man get his jollies off by beating up chicks in order to keep the all important Politically Correct status quo in place.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    edited April 2013
    I'm not one to segregate, but I would only condon Fallon fighting against women if there are no advantages taken over from her former gender, but I haven't been sold yet on how she isn't getting that now.

I would like to know from her own mouth (not out of spite or malice) what made her convert gender? Her general preference, or to fight. Also, was she fighting before she converted
    Post edited by Keem on
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • AshtonButcherAshtonButcher Posts: 6Free
    I agree with Rousey for once. Funny how all the Politically correct people slating Matt in the other thread, decide to shut up when a Woman expresses the exact same views.
    I like to party

-””¯””-,
    ……………………………….,~”……….\
    ……………………………,~”…………,..\
    ………………………,-“………………….|
    …………….…….,-“……………………/..|
    ………….………/……………………..’…|
    ………………../…………………….……|
    ………………./…………………..,„_„…|
    ………………/…………………,-,-~-,-~’,
    ……………../……………….,-“ ( . . o)_º)
    ……………./………………./ . . .“-~“ . . ¯¯¯¯¯””~-,
    ……………|………………..| . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,-~“~,
    ……………|………………..| . . . . . . . . . . . . /::::::::\
    ……………|………………..| . . . . . . . . . . . . |:::::::::l
    ……………|………………..\ . . . ._ . . . . . . . . “-,„„„-”
    ……………|..……………..”-, . .(..”~,————~”
    …………….|._………………..”~,..”~-‘—,………………,–~~-,
    ………….,~” . ¯”~,……………….¯”~~-”,-\………….,-“-,”~, . .”-,
    ……….,-“….,~”,-~”\…..-‘.,„„„………………”-,……….| . . “-, ”-, .
    ………..\,,-“,~”……/…..,-“ . .”-,…………..’-,.”-,……..) . . . .”-,,-
    ………….’-,……..(,–,.,-“ . . . . |…………….”-,”-,,(“-~”-,””~~~”
    …………….¯”””¯,-“, .), . . . . ,-“……………….”-,\,.”..,-“
    ………………….’-, .”.,“-,_„„~”……………………”.”-,”
    …………………..”~”-,.\,…,–~~~-,………………,~’,
    …………………………¯”~/ . . . . . .)……………,”-~’,
    ………………………..…./ . . . . . . |–„„„„„„–,~””¯ . . .
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,022Free

I agree with Rousey for once. Funny how all the Politically correct people slating Matt in the other thread, decide to shut up when a Woman expresses the exact same views.

Yeah. It's also funny how they praise Dana White - the president of a serious sports organization - for not restraining from cursewords when making statements on important issues, they call it "being real, no bull -****, direct etc". But when a fighter does it, he's called a hot-headed moron, a retard etc.

the language used is completely different and if you dont understand the difference then you have selective reading

I think special circumstance should be given to MMA in regards to transgender athletes. It's not baseball or even basketball, it's a combat sport with, at times, some slightly horrific results for the loser.

How would the image of MMA look if Fallon seriously injures a women in the octagon? I bet the commission wouldn't feel so great about their decision to let a man fight women then.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"

• Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    The difference is the way Rhonda worded it, she never once said anything like "That is a lying, sick, sociopathic, disgusting freak". There is not agreeing with something, then there is going on a personal attack like he did. He just showed a complete like of class, while Rhonda didn't.
    Common sense always trumps PC nonsense, but unfortunately it isn't always seen that way. I think this is a case of people realizing that terms like "transphobic" are really a symptom of having gone overboard on this whole thing, and to be honest I think it's about time.

You know, we live in a relatively free society and I believe you should be able to exercise your liberty however you like as long as it does not infringe on someone else's. If you want gender reassignment surgery and have saved up the money to have it done, more power to you. If it makes you happy, go ahead and do it. However, just because you have gender reassignment surgery doesn't entitle you to start demanding special consideration and exemptions. I'm not saying Fallon Fox is doing this (I don't think he/she/it is), but a lot of folks in the GLBTQA community have attempted to redefine what tolerance really means. Tolerance means exactly that - you don't have to like it, condone it, or anything of that sort - you just have to put up with it and not make a fuss about it. Unfortunately that's not good enough for some folks anymore. They think tolerance should now be redefined as acceptance, and even endorsement in some cases.

I agree with Gabri1985 - Mitrione's issue was the vitriol he used in his comments. He could have made the same point without being such a... well, meathead. Rousey stated it crudely as well, but far better than Mitrione did. Fallon is still, and always will be, genetically male (XY). Having gender reassignment surgery to change your external sex characteristics and undergoing hormone replacement therapy does not make you a female. If the law says you can change your legal identity to female if you do the above, I'm okay with that too. Just don't demand (again, I'm not saying Fallon Fox has done this) that you be accommodated when you want to compete in the women's division of a sport.