Wanderlei Silva: Jones will toy with Sonnen

MMALivesHereMMALivesHere Posts: 80Free
edited April 2013 in UFC
Wanderlei Silva (35-12) and Chael Sonnen (27-12) aren't the best of friends. Since this in-car onfrontation in 2010, the two MMA veterans have exchanged jibes and maintained a healthy level of disdain for one another. Sonnen, fresh off his second loss against Anderson Silva, is set to clash with UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones (17-1) on April 27 in New Jersey. Wanderlei, who's coming off an electrifying win over Brian Stann, told Sherdog he had no doubt Jones would walk all over "The American Gangster" at UFC 159.

"I think Jones will toy with Sonnen, This is a fight Sonnen got by trash-talking. He's no match for Jones and everyone knows it. Let's see what round Jones wants to finish it in. Fighting is fighting, but this is one of those bouts where I think only one guy is able to win."

From MMA Lives Here - feel free to subscribe for free updates
Post edited by MMALivesHere on
Tagged:

Comments

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,401Free
    well duh

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• lets see how Jones does against a very skilled wrestler.

i think jones will win, but i think its going to be the hardest fight in hes career so far...
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,401Free

lets see how Jones does against a very skilled wrestler.

i think jones will win, but i think its going to be the hardest fight in hes career so far...

it will be his easiest.

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    I usually never says never, but if there's one fight in life that I'm confident will be an absolute blow out its this one. It's 101% hype and what Sonnen can say that makes this fight. The match up itself is a travesty of a fight. Just look at Sonnen's resume at LHW in the UFC alone and tell me this fight isn't bs.. Just.. gtfo of here if you tell me otherwise like.. lol

Sorry, just me on the fight. Jeremy Horn deserves a shot 3x more than Sonnen and I don't think Alex turned down the Jones fight when I heard Dana say something along the lines of every other fighter turning the fight down. They must not of asked him imho
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 7,023Free
    I think chael will take it too him
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,192Free
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,053Free
    Wandy's right! This is going to be a massacre.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,894Free
    I wonder if Jones will go for the finish- He seems to like punishing people a bit too much sometimes.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • skullboneskullbone Posts: 1,959Free
    Jones should dominate, but Chael is clever and seems to thrive against fighters who "should" easily beat him. I think Jones will end up with the victory, but I think Chael will make it more of a fight than most people expect. Anderson Silva had the one shot KO threat from any limb. Jones will actaully have to work a little, and it just so turns out that Chael is a workaholic. We'll see if Jones can keep the pace up long enough to outlast him or finish.
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,843Free
    Everyone thought Anderson was gonna smoke him in the first fight, too. Hopefully, Chael can shock the people again and put up a damn good fight.
  • Doctor_ObviouslyDoctor_Obviously Posts: 18,842Free
    After Jones beats Sonnen, I'd love to see Sonnen vs Wandy.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doctor...15684498441639

It would be a great pre-fight hype show. Wandy is pretty easy to get riled up.
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free

Sonnen would win a ud, he would pretty much take him down at will.

Sonnen would win a ud, he would pretty much take him down at will.
    I see Sonnen finishing Wandy if they ever fought, sub or tko... Wandy is gonna quit

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,414Free
    Sonnen will beat Jones down for 5 full rounds

blee dat
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • hungryjjrhungryjjr Posts: 4Free
    People count Chael out far too quick. They think he trash talked his way into this fight and forget the fact that Chael beats peoples asses. I'm not arguing the fact of whether or not he deserves the shot, I'm not even saying that he is gonna win, but I am saying he is a legit fighter who has cardio for days and is constantly attacking.
  • GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    I think this fight will be more competitive than people think, but Jones still has this.
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,439Free
    edited April 2013
    Wand is right Sonnen will very likely get submitted if he loses Wanderlei vs Sonnen could finally happen there's a lot of hype behind that fight.
    Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,106Free
    This fight is already worked. Chael is Zuffas biotch. Gets paid tons to promote, throws the fight, pockets more in the end.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,665Free

This fight is already worked. Chael is Zuffas biotch. Gets paid tons to promote, throws the fight, pockets more in the end.

Like Brock when he fought Overeem. They threw him some extra dough to take a dive in his retirement fight
  • hydehyde Posts: 28Free
    Im not the one to ride the conspiracy train ... but... its getting too much business for my liking... makes you woner where exactly zufa draws the line between fair fighting and making poopload of money...
    The fact might be that Jones is not a money milking cow like GSP or even Silva, so I dont think Uncle Dana has to protect their investment in this one... that will be IMO the difference in the outcome of this fight.

Scenarios:
    Chael loses - 3rd in a row, they lose the hype credibility a little for whatever they could use him n the future
    CHael wins - they can hype up a division that is not as exciting as WW, MW, they might be able to use chael to hype gustaffson to the top, helping them make more money up north in europe since they are settling there now... brazilians inthat division are not that money worthy imo, except maybe for Wandy, that would maybe be a possible motive to try and sqeeze some $$ out of him before retirement (if wandy wins one more title against a trash talker like Chael - might be money worthy)

anyway shame for Chael cause he is legit and people dont give him enough credit cause of his clown status
    text
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Glad to see Wandy has more common sense than the UFC and White put together.
    better yet is Jones will stop Sonnen,sad part is i expect Jones to start too slow and make Sonnen look better than he is.
    What Chael is actually doing is pulling off the current BJ Penn idea.

That is to take fights you are not expected to win,that way you always have a crutch for losing.It also keeps you relevant for much longer than should be.We saw how bad Sonnen looked versus Bisping,and Bisping has fallen right off the radar.

I am just wondering who Sonnen asks for next,maybe Machida ?I mean he knows he won't get Silva again,so he will try to stick to the 205 division.
    Scary scenario is Weidman wins and he gets an automatic shot at Chris.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • JimmyKrugerJimmyKruger Posts: 548Free
    Although I'm massively confident Jones will win the fight relatively easily, I think that Chael will actually put up more of a fight than quite a few of Jones recent opponents. Rampage for example.
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    If Jones and Silva fight, I bet the pre fight hype will be based off of how Anderson struggled in the first bout with Sonnen and still beat him plus the 2nd time, but Jones destroyed Sonnen when they fought

basically comparing how Jones and Silva both beat Sonnen (Jones clearly in more dominate fashion) imo
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,407Free
    edited April 2013
    The one thing I'm sure of about this fight is, Sonnen will try to pressure Jones harder then anyone else in the UFC has, so far.
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• shark26shark26 Posts: 109Free
    it will be an easy victory for Bones ... then Sonnen will get another title shot against Cain or GSP ... i mean why not he hasnt deserved a title shot and keeps getting them ... so keep the ball rolling Dana ...
    OMG Sharks

Fighters i Like to watch : JDS | Cain | R. Mcdonald | Aldo | Edgar | Rampage | A Silva | E Silva | BJ Penn | Mir |
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,407Free
    shark26 said:

it will be an easy victory for Bones ... then Sonnen will get another title shot against Cain or GSP ... i mean why not he hasnt deserved a title shot and keeps getting them ... so keep the ball rolling Dana ...

He didn't deserve his MW title shots?
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,869Free
    imo sonnen should have dropped to WW and challenged gsp, not gone to LHW. he has fought at ww before he has a better chance of out wrestling gsp than anyone
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,140Free
    PunchBag said:

imo sonnen should have dropped to WW and challenged gsp, not gone to LHW. he has fought at ww before he has a better chance of out wrestling gsp than anyone

How can you even think that he could make weight for WW? He barely made MW, doubt he could cut 1 more pound without dying.
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,362Free
    Most likely. If he tries to beat Sonnen for real it may be over to quickly. Perhaps we will get a show like Andy did with Bonner.