gsp says he weighed in at 170.4 at ufc 158

bartolinibartolini Posts: 669Ultimate
Ariel helwani tweeted an article, but its in french. Basically says gsp was also surprised by the Quebec commission and that if needed, he would have made 170.
HW: VELASQUEZ, DOS SANTOS, BROWNE

LHW: EVANS, CORMIER, GUS

MW: SPIDER, WEIDMAN, MACHIDA

WW: CONDIT, HENDRICKS, DIAZ

LW: HENDERSON, CERRONE, DIAZ

FW: ALDO, MENDES, SWANSON

BW: FABER

FW: JOHNSON

CHICKS: TATE

Comments

• waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,003Free
    You have a link or some sort of proof? I want to believe this as much as the next hater, but we must have evidence.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,723Free
    GSP lying through his teeth if that's true

He was overweight and had the commission on his side to get past it

It makes his last 4 fights a joke
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • bartolinibartolini Posts: 669Ultimate
    waikru said:

You have a link or some sort of proof? I want to believe this as much as the next hater, but we must have evidence.

You know french?

• bartolinibartolini Posts: 669Ultimate

• sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate
    Here's the google translate version:

Yes, strictly speaking, Georges St-Pierre has exceeded the limit of 170 pounds at the weigh before his fight against Nick Diaz. But the Quebec champion had no right to any particular advantage to the detriment of his opponent.

As Diaz, the star of the UFC fighter has only learned in the minutes before weighing the Liquor races and games of Quebec does not take account of the weight saving decimal observed.

"They came to us just before weighing and even I was surprised. They told us they were going round. I was also surprised that Nick Diaz "St. Pierre said Thursday in an interview with The Associated Press to lather the publication of his book The fighting spirit , published by Flammarion.

The native of Saint-Isidore is brought to weigh in order to make weight, while trying to be as close as possible to 170 pounds permitted matter of having the advantage - especially psychological - on his opponent.

"The goal is to be 170 rather than 169, to be as close as possible to the limit while the weight. It is a mental thing, "said St-Pierre.

It said he was not sure of his exact weight, but he believes that it amounted to 170.4 pounds. The Board has therefore rounded to 170 pounds, the limit prescribed for the battle that took place on March 16.

In the days that followed the fight, Diaz suggested that St-Pierre was entitled to preferential treatment from the board and he claimed that he deserved a rematch, but not in St-Pierre a cure. He prefers to let his voluble opponent he beat by unanimous decision at the Bell Centre.

"Nick also said that I had placed a spy in his camp, and several other things. I let him talk, said Quebecers age 31, without animosity. I switched to something else. "

Regarding rumors that he suffered an injury in the days before his fight against Diaz, GSP said Thursday that he had actually discomfort in the ankle, specifically bone on top of foot, the astragalus.

"I missed a few practices to treat me, but it did not really affect the course of the fight," he said.

In his book, St. Peter tells his thinking as a human being and as a fighter, leaving people who have greatly influenced his personal and professional life - including his mother - telling significant events of his life.

So this is a story half biographical, but also focuses on the inner monologue that St-Pierre talks to himself, away from the octagon.

"When I am alone, it rolls a lot in my head, I think and I think ... Sometimes I even anxiety. I'm never really at rest in my mind, "he admitted.

What may surprise those for whom the phenomenon can not be reduced to GSP an athlete who spends most of his time working on his body and instincts fighter.

"The purpose of the book is to make people understand the choices I made and how I move to the person I was to what I am now," said St-Pierre .

"I started writing it after surgery, he added, referring to the ligament tear in the knee that kept him away from the Octagon for over a year. I was stuck in bed, so instead of twiddling my thumbs, and since I had things to say, my team and I decided to start that project. "

The book was written by Justin Kingsley, who works for Sid Lee advertising box St-Pierre. Kingsley has adopted a structure and style that make reading easy and will appeal to anyone interested in the phenomenon GSP.

"I know that many sports fans as a role model to me and I wanted to write this to inspire people, to help them in their situation - as, for example, the guy who wants a salary increase, but does not know how, or who has a stressful job and that the fear of failure takes over, "said St-Pierre, for whom" everything is a struggle in life. "

"If I can help people solve their problems, this is my goal. In the same way there are people in my life who helped me solve my own problems. "
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Yes, strictly speaking, Georges St-Pierre has exceeded the limit of 170 pounds at the weigh before his fight against Nick Diaz. But the Quebec champion had no right to any particular advantage to the detriment of his opponent.

As Diaz, the star of the UFC fighter has only learned in the minutes before weighing the Liquor races and games of Quebec does not take account of the weight saving decimal observed.

"They came to us just before weighing and even I was surprised. They told us they were going round. I was also surprised that Nick Diaz "St. Pierre said Thursday in an interview with The Associated Press to lather the publication of his book The fighting spirit , published by Flammarion.

The native of Saint-Isidore is brought to weigh in order to make weight, while trying to be as close as possible to 170 pounds permitted matter of having the advantage - especially psychological - on his opponent.

"The goal is to be 170 rather than 169, to be as close as possible to the limit while the weight. It is a mental thing, "said St-Pierre.

It said he was not sure of his exact weight, but he believes that it amounted to 170.4 pounds. The Board has therefore rounded to 170 pounds, the limit prescribed for the battle that took place on March 16.

In the days that followed the fight, Diaz suggested that St-Pierre was entitled to preferential treatment from the board and he claimed that he deserved a rematch, but not in St-Pierre a cure. He prefers to let his voluble opponent he beat by unanimous decision at the Bell Centre.

"Nick also said that I had placed a spy in his camp, and several other things. I let him talk, said Quebecers age 31, without animosity. I switched to something else. "

Regarding rumors that he suffered an injury in the days before his fight against Diaz, GSP said Thursday that he had actually discomfort in the ankle, specifically bone on top of foot, the astragalus.

"I missed a few practices to treat me, but it did not really affect the course of the fight," he said.

In his book, St. Peter tells his thinking as a human being and as a fighter, leaving people who have greatly influenced his personal and professional life - including his mother - telling significant events of his life.

So this is a story half biographical, but also focuses on the inner monologue that St-Pierre talks to himself, away from the octagon.

"When I am alone, it rolls a lot in my head, I think and I think ... Sometimes I even anxiety. I'm never really at rest in my mind, "he admitted.

What may surprise those for whom the phenomenon can not be reduced to GSP an athlete who spends most of his time working on his body and instincts fighter.

"The purpose of the book is to make people understand the choices I made and how I move to the person I was to what I am now," said St-Pierre .

"I started writing it after surgery, he added, referring to the ligament tear in the knee that kept him away from the Octagon for over a year. I was stuck in bed, so instead of twiddling my thumbs, and since I had things to say, my team and I decided to start that project. "

The book was written by Justin Kingsley, who works for Sid Lee advertising box St-Pierre. Kingsley has adopted a structure and style that make reading easy and will appeal to anyone interested in the phenomenon GSP.

"I know that many sports fans as a role model to me and I wanted to write this to inspire people, to help them in their situation - as, for example, the guy who wants a salary increase, but does not know how, or who has a stressful job and that the fear of failure takes over, "said St-Pierre, for whom" everything is a struggle in life. "

"If I can help people solve their problems, this is my goal. In the same way there are people in my life who helped me solve my own problems. "

"Believe in the beard"

bartolini said:

waikru said:

You know french?
    Thanks, I provided a translation.

"Believe in the beard"

No more speculation now. GSP was overweight. Lets see the GSP fanboys justify this now.

"Believe in the beard"

• idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited April 2013
    we all know it was the 0.4 lbs of weight that made the difference in that fight!!
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car

we all know it was the 0.4 lbs of weight that made the difference in that fight!!

That's not the point

He was overweight

End of story
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine

Here we go again. IDYB believes that the 170 lb title should be contested at 170.4 lbs. he believes that it is alright for GSP to have a size advantage over his opponent. 8-|

"Believe in the beard"

• Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free

mate seriously just leave it and let them say it did, it's a month now and there still going on about it.
    wait a minute....i could be wrong. maybe it was it the toxic airplane water? or diaz not getting enough sleep? or was it diaz's camp not preparing him well enough for the fight? or wait, could it possibly be the spy in his camp that he speaks of? or was it the way he wrapped his gloves?? was it because he was fighting in montreal where everybody knows its home field advantage? maybe diaz wasnt able to sell enough wolf tickets and it affected the outcome of the fight? man im so lost within all of the excuses that you typically hear every time after diaz loses a fight. i dont know what it is anymore.
    Just givin out the D
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
    Gabri1985 said:

mate seriously just leave it and let them say it did, it's a month now and there still going on about it.
    Nobody said it did soooooo......

"I can't quit you UFC forums!!!!" - Gabri
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    edited April 2013
    waikru said:

No more speculation now. GSP was overweight. Lets see the GSP fanboys justify this now.

I called it! ^^^^
    Post edited by waikru on

"Believe in the beard"

wait a minute....i could be wrong. maybe it was it the toxic airplane water? or diaz not getting enough sleep? or was it diaz's camp not preparing him well enough for the fight? or wait, could it possibly be the spy in his camp that he speaks of? or was it the way he wrapped his gloves?? was it because he was fighting in montreal where everybody knows its home field advantage? maybe diaz wasnt able to sell enough wolf tickets and it affected the outcome of the fight? man im so lost within all of the excuses that you typically hear every time after diaz loses a fight. i dont know what it is anymore.

Or maybe he just lost the fight?

I could be wrong
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited April 2013
    waikru said:

Here we go again. IDYB believes that the 170 lb title should be contested at 170.4 lbs. he believes that it is alright for GSP to have a size advantage over his opponent. 8-|
    what advantage? both fighters had equal opportunity to go over. blame the commission for allowing this under their rules and regulations, and blame the ufc for not informing the fighters about it early enough before the fight. diaz could have came in at 170.4 if he wanted to as well going by these same guidelines. Where was it stated that GSP had any advantage??? It didnt, but youre just blindly hating again and need some excuses to fall back on.
    Just givin out the D
    edited April 2013
    if you asked me they shouldnt have ignored decimals and just made it a non title fight anyways. After all, this is the 2nd time diaz has got a shot at the gsp for the title without doing anything to earn it. who does he think he is? frankie edgar?

oh wait i think i figured it out. diaz wasnt mentally prepared because he was worried about the IRS coming after him for not paying his taxes,
    Just givin out the D

waikru said:

what advantage? both fighters had equal opportunity to go over. blame the commission for allowing this under their rules and regulations, and blame the ufc for not informing the fighters about it early enough before the fight. diaz could have came in at 170.4 if he wanted to as well going by these same guidelines. Where was it stated that GSP had any advantage??? It didnt, but youre just blindly hating again and need some excuses to fall back on.
    Your whole premise for sticking up for GSP prior to this information was that we didn't know that he was over 170 lbs. Now we do, so why do you feel the need to justify the fact that GSP came in overweight.

"Believe in the beard"

edited April 2013
    its not overweight going by the quebec athletic commissions rules. maybe in nevada then yes they enforce it a little differently. seeing how gsp is an athlete and he doesnt have a history of weight problems, its pretty much safe to say that he could have taken the hour they alotted to work off 0.4 lbs. Hell i can piss that much out when i go to the bathroom. This is just water under the bridge to everybody else other than the haters, who always have to raise a stink about every little insignificant thing.

cry more.
    Just givin out the D

waikru said:

Why would GSP blame the commission when he was the one overweight? Rofl

Diaz was 169, well within the weight limit like he was supposed to be

GSP had an advantage in that he was overweight and the commission bent the rules for him, FACT
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine

its not overweight going by the quebec athletic commissions rules. maybe in nevada then yes they enforce it a little differently. cry more.

Then why haven't any other fighters that have fought in Canada the multiple times the UFC has been there stepped up and said its normal procedure?

Lmao

Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    edited April 2013
    im not saying for gsp to blame the commission. im saying for big baby butthurt to get over himself and blame those who are in charge of it. according to the rules and regulations set by the quebec athletic commission, neither fighter was overweight, nobodies purse got dinged, and it was still a title fight. neither fighter had any advantage in the system. they both could have went 170.4, or 170.9 for all we know, but as long as the athletic commission approved, theres nothing wrong.

its ridiculous a month later and people still cry about something so insignificant that it doesnt even matter. the haters never let it go.
    Just givin out the D
    waikru said:

waikru said:

Your whole premise for sticking up for GSP prior to this information was that we didn't know that he was over 170 lbs. Now we do, so why do you feel the need to justify the fact that GSP came in overweight.
    Pretty much
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine

its not overweight going by the quebec athletic commissions rules. maybe in nevada then yes they enforce it a little differently. seeing how gsp is an athlete and he doesnt have a history of weight problems, its pretty much safe to say that he could have taken the hour they alotted to work off 0.4 lbs. Hell i can piss that much out when i go to the bathroom. This is just water under the bridge to everybody else other than the haters, who always have to raise a stink about every little insignificant thing.

cry more.

The contracts they signed states that the fight is to be contested at 170 lbs. We already produced evidence on another thread that not counting the decimal is not a common practice for the athletic commission. Do I need to pull that up?

"Believe in the beard"

edited April 2013
    well then blame the commission for having slightly different rules. blame them for not enforcing the 170.0. blame them for not telling gsp to go to the bathroom and poop out half of a pound, hell they even alloted both fighters an hour just in case, despite in many other places they do not give fighters in title fights that opportunity.

if there was a problem gsp could have just worked it off. hell im not athletic but i can cut .4 of a pound just from walking up and down some stairs for 20 minutes. but there was no problem, gsp did not have to go to any extra lengths, and they were fine with that. if thats such a problem, cry to the commission. dont just sit there and whine claiming gsp had some kind of advantage, it was equal opportunity for both fighters under the guidelines the commission provided.

Just givin out the D
  • jpc_ultimatejpc_ultimate Posts: 980Free
    edited April 2013
    I confirm, GSP said he weight in at 170.4 but that he didnt know that before the weigh-ins, and that he was surprised by it..... so go ahead @WarWest, show the world how buthurt you are that Diaz lost...
    Post edited by jpc_ultimate on
    waikru said:

cry more.

The contracts they signed states that the fight is to be contested at 170 lbs. We already produced evidence on another thread that not counting the decimal is not a common practice for the athletic commission. Do I need to pull that up?
    It wouldn't matter if you did pull it up LoL

IDYB wouldn't even pay attention
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    edited April 2013

I confirm, GSP said he weight in at 170.4 but that he didnt know that before the weigh-ins, and that he was surprised by it..... so go ahead @WarWest, show the world how buthurt you are that Diaz lost...

Yeah because I never said anything bad about GSP until he beat Diaz LoL

Slap yourself
    Post edited by WarWest on
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine