How do you explain the fact that there is a lot more Russian fighter in the UFC

jpc_ultimatejpc_ultimate Posts: 980Free
Tagged:

Comments

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,846Free
    edited April 2013
    theres hardly any russian fighters in the ufc, but there are alot of good russian fighters that should be in the ufc like shlemenko korishkov, khasbuliev, sarnovsky. volkov.

russain mma has always been strong but for whatever reason the ufc hasnt had any interest in them, probably becuase they lack english speaking skills, they dont see russia as a lucrative country and they didnt think the average USA mma fan would like to see russians beating up americans.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,496Free
    Also just cus the sport has been around longer now...every nation will have more and more fighters now...that's what happens when a sport grows

Look at Baseball....30 years ago there was not many Latino players...now its almost taken over by them
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,975Free
    Not that many in the UFC really
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,759Free
    edited April 2013
    Because they signed more Russian fighters?

The one they need is Kharitonov though
    Post edited by WarWest on
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    edited April 2013
    karishkov and shlemenko would do well in ufc. I think russia has had good mma fighters just as long as brazil its just we dont see them often, strong sambo background perfect for mma.

its not like england were they had to learn how to wrestle and what a submission is.
    "Believe in the beard"

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,759Free
    PunchBag said:

karishkov and shlemenko would do well in ufc. I think russia has had good mma fighters just as long as brazil its just we dont see them often, strong sambo background perfect for mma.

its not like england were they had to learn how to wrestle and what a submission is.

This ^^^

Russian fighters mostly seem to be heavy handed and tough as nails to boot

Sambo is the ****
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • jpc_ultimatejpc_ultimate Posts: 980Free
    Well, Khabilov, Amagov, Nurmagomedov, Gashimov (not sure if hes still in the UFC).... all guys that sign with the UFC less then a year ago
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,051Free
    Russia is quite a big country.... isn't it?
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,285Free

there are still relatively few, but you're right, they are expanding their roster of fighters not from the USA
  • RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
    I dont see many russians in UFC bro LOL

Are you sure you didnt mean Bellator ?! Bellator does have a lot russians tho
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    Dana is secretly Russian
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • WalkLikeAWarrior707WalkLikeAWarrior707 Posts: 6,005Free
    There are a lot of good fighters from Russia. The sport is constantly evolving so were seeing more Russian fighters in MMA and the UFC. Sambo is also a lot like MMA so I think it translates really well and we are seeing the success of some of the better Russian fighters.

The K-Dojo had some good Russian fighters coming out of their camp. Khabib came from there, Adlan Amagov, Azamat Gashimov. Rustam Kahbilov is a beast also, he trains at Jackson's and Amagov does also. Khabib is training at AKA now where I think he will really turn into a monster. He was doing well out in NJ with Jim Miller and Mike Constantino but I think AKA is a better choice for him.

They all seem to be pretty heavy handed and have a lot of raw strength. On top of having a good submission/wrestling game. I'm really liking the new wave of Russian fighters.
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
    edited April 2013
    i want this guy in the ufc, makes his offical bellator debut next season.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamil_Zavurov
    "Believe in the beard"