Jones: Sonnen on steroids his whole career

MMA_FTWMMA_FTW Co-Owner of the UFCPosts: 6,818Free
http://www.bjpenn.com/jones-sonnen-on-steroids-his-whole-career/

“People know that Chael Sonnen has done steroids throughout his whole career and that’s probably why his testosterone is low now. I don’t think that is the heart or the attitude of a champion, so that’s what I meant when I said he lacks champion’s soul.” - Jon Jones
"Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now. I - I can't... Where's Granddad? Can I help you, sir?"
Tagged:

Comments

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    lol
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
    edited April 2013
    Even though I love Chael's wit I want Joenes to win because it would make me sad to see a TRT cheater as a champion
    Post edited by ultimatefightingchamp on
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,165Free
    But don't you guys know? Chael would die if he stopped . . . :>
  • MMA_FTWMMA_FTW Co-Owner of the UFCPosts: 6,818Free
    It's incredible how someone can be so buddy buddy with someone when the tv is rolling and then just say something like this. Even if it were true.
    "Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now. I - I can't... Where's Granddad? Can I help you, sir?"
    MMA_FTW said:

It's incredible how someone can be so buddy buddy with someone when the tv is rolling and then just say something like this. Even if it were true.

Your talking about Sonnen right? lol
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    edited April 2013
    Keem said:

MMA_FTW said:

Was referring to Jones. When Sonnen talks, it's purely for entertainment and to hype up a fight. He doesn't mean anything he says, it's 100% BS because it's meant to be BS. When Jones is talking, he's telling his opinion. I just can't believe a person can be all buddy buddy to someone for a long period of time and have it be on camera and then he accuses him of steroids - probably without facts.

To accuse someone while having probably no facts whatsoever, while you were being very friendly with someone for a long period of time seems messed up. Telling your opinion is fine, but it's the way he did it that was odd.
    Post edited by MMA_FTW on
    MMA_FTW said:

Keem said:

MMA_FTW said:

Was referring to Jones. When Sonnen talks, it's purely for entertainment and to hype up a fight. He doesn't mean anything he says, it's 100% BS because it's meant to be BS. When Jones is talking, he's telling his opinion. I just can't believe a person can be all buddy buddy to someone for a long period of time and have it be on camera and then he accuses him of steroids - probably without facts.

To accuse someone while having probably no facts whatsoever, while you were being very friendly with someone for a long period of time seems messed up. Telling your opinion is fine, but it's the way he did it that was odd.
    Really, I got the sense that Chael was the buddy-buddy back stabber from the show. Chael likes to play roles and with the TUF show he got to show off his "Mr. Friendly" side. Jones was honest throughout the show; being clear about his intentions and never feeding too much into Chael's nice-guy persona because ultimately Chael has shown plenty of times that he will say and do just about anything to make a big fight (No real boundaries). Sonnen makes me think he'd sell his soul for a title fight to be honest w/ the things he'd said to Anderson.

Sonnen has been suspended for elevated level's of testerosterone which despite the circumstances of that event it was something that really happened. Whether he's been doing his whole life, who know, but studies have shown where taking testerone can cause the body to produce lower testeorterone levels later in a user life. Nothing set in stone, but Chael too big on stating proven facts himself.

Megumi Fuji

• 2006Man2006Man Posts: 235Free
    chael was diagnosed with mild hypogodsim and has a medical perscription and does what the athletic commision ask of him an is not breaking any rules. I think as the fight nears jones is getting scared and looking for excuses
  • Andy_AndersonAndy_Anderson Posts: 572Free

Even though I love Chael's wit I want Joenes to win because it would make me sad to see a TRT cheater as a champion

Chaels entertaining as hell and a likeable character but the hole TRT thing is a major black cloud over this fight.
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,319Free
    every time Jones opens his mouth I get pissed off.

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    2006Man said:

chael was diagnosed with mild hypogodsim and has a medical perscription and does what the athletic commision ask of him an is not breaking any rules. I think as the fight nears jones is getting scared and looking for excuses

yes, and the reason he has hypergonadism is because of his steroid abuse. Even when he was given a medical exemption for TRT, he abused that too
    Keem said:

MMA_FTW said:

Keem said:

MMA_FTW said:

Really, I got the sense that Chael was the buddy-buddy back stabber from the show. Chael likes to play roles and with the TUF show he got to show off his "Mr. Friendly" side. Jones was honest throughout the show; being clear about his intentions and never feeding too much into Chael's nice-guy persona because ultimately Chael has shown plenty of times that he will say and do just about anything to make a big fight (No real boundaries). Sonnen makes me think he'd sell his soul for a title fight to be honest w/ the things he'd said to Anderson.

Sonnen has been suspended for elevated level's of testerosterone which despite the circumstances of that event it was something that really happened. Whether he's been doing his whole life, who know, but studies have shown where taking testerone can cause the body to produce lower testeorterone levels later in a user life. Nothing set in stone, but Chael too big on stating proven facts himself.
    Chael would sell his soul for a title fight and he doesn't care at all about that. The rules currently allow TRT up to a certain point. I think it's **** up because if a person has a condition and needs any sort of performance enhancer, then that MMA fighter shouldn't be fighting.

If Jon Jones had any sort of credible evidence that Chael has taken steroids continuously, then his statement would be fine. But, he's not some detective, he's an MMA fighter. It just seems like he sticks his foot in his mouth here and there.

Jones is going to win via TKO in the 2nd or 3rd round.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,269Free
    MMA_FTW said:

Keem said:

MMA_FTW said:

Agreed

Sonnen was so friendly to Jones on the show, like he had SOO many times he could of trolled the shizit out of Jones, like when he beat him at bowling or when he won the coaches challenge or when Kevin beat Samman, but Chael was really respectful about it.

But I mean what do you expect? Jones backstabbed his mentor, the one who arguable put him where he is today......Rashad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free
    MMA_FTW said:

Oh the irony burns..........

Sig Bet Record: 10-1

• 2006Man2006Man Posts: 235Free
    edited April 2013
    jon jones via twitter “I had no right to accuse Chael of being a career long steroid user, I apologize.”
    Post edited by 2006Man on
  • DecisionGeorgeDecisionGeorge Posts: 73Free
    Jones is an incredible fighter but he should SHUT the **** up, declaring something and then recounting it made him look incredibly St****, he should own it if he has the nerve to say it in the first place.
    OLeg Taktarov - All time Favorite
    Old school UFC Fan
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,310Free
    Sonnen has Jones gotten too.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,585Free
    If Jones would have lose his voice as a kid he might be end up greatest of all time!he just talks bs all day and act like gods son and will continue his whole career! so blessed but so stupid really a shame...
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

JimmyYO said:

MMA_FTW said:

How so? When Chael does it, it seems knowingly that it's for entertainment purposes. Jones seems serious when he makes these type of remarks.
  • DaPhreshnessDaPhreshness Posts: 84Free
    Chael messed up one time in his career testing for elevated testosterone levels, and just because he has hypogonadism doesn't mean he got it from steroids. The dude's 35 or 36 and wrestling since he was like 5, and it's known that excessive and frequent weight-cutting can be a common cause for the condition. I'm not saying it wasn't steroids either, who knows, but you can't just accuse somebody of something that serious with no real evidence. I mean, the guy coaches youth wrestling, come on.

I don't think this is really Jones' fault though. The UFC didn't get what they were expecting when they gave the title fight to Sonnen and they're trying to fight it way, way too hard. They wanted Sonnen to come out and put on the same level of smack-talking he did against Anderson, cracking wise about Jon's mama and whatnot, but he was just happy to get a chance to fight for the belt and have such a solid coaching gig. The cameras were on Sonnen constantly, so they got more of the likeable Chael that really exists instead of yet another coaches in each other's faces every two seconds season.

If you go back and watch some of the footage before the taping started, Dana actually seemed somewhat upset at how well the two were getting on with each other. So now that they're both getting themselves in the zone for a fight, everyone's asking them stupid questions like "Do you have a building hatred for Chael Sonnen"(seriously Jon Anik, what the ****) or asking them all the things they don't like about each other trying to make this fight into something it's not. I think Jones was trying to offer up a sound-byte to get people pumped for the fight, Sonnen-style, but really he's just not that good of a talker - people get excited to see him fight just because of how he fights.

I'd expect a lot more terrible media questions, awkward Jon Jones interviews, and phoned-in Chael Sonnen trash-talk poems leading up to the fight.
    Favorite Fighters by Division:

Liz Carmouche
    Tim Elliott
    Eddie Wineland
    Frankie Edgar
    Melvin Guillard/TJ Grant
    Mike Pierce
    Michael Bisping
    Alexander Gustafsson
    Minotauro Nogueira/Matt Mitrione
  • AnalystDR.AnalystDR. Posts: 5Free

Chael Sonnen is a coward and a very small man in many ways. He uses his mouth to enlarge his inflated ego. Dana White has promoted this excuse for a man even though he has accomplisehd nothing in his last few fights with Anderson Silva.

• AnalystDR.AnalystDR. Posts: 5Free
    I guess the more fight that he lose, the bigger fights he get. Imagine, he was promoted to commentator and now he get the opportunity to fight Jon Jones ? He is nothing but a dirtbag and a scum and a low life. What is his main accomplishment ? Dana White is promoting mediocrity in the UFC. Jon Jones will beat his **** very badly if the refree doesn't stop this fight and then he might even get a shot at Cain Velasquez.
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    MMA_FTW said:

JimmyYO said:

MMA_FTW said:

How so? When Chael does it, it seems knowingly that it's for entertainment purposes. Jones seems serious when he makes these type of remarks.
    did you not see his interview with Rogan where he has a pop at kos for saying he never meant anything he said about gsp?

http://www.bjpenn.com/jones-sonnen-on-steroids-his-whole-career/

“People know that Chael Sonnen has done steroids throughout his whole career and that’s probably why his testosterone is low now. I don’t think that is the heart or the attitude of a champion, so that’s what I meant when I said he lacks champion’s soul.” - Jon Jones

said the guy who got busted for a DUI and chills with underage chicks

If he's going to cast stones he needs to look in the mirror first lol
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • DecisionGeorgeDecisionGeorge Posts: 73Free
    I hated Sonnen ever since especially vs Anderson but watching him in TUF I get to understand what he is doing, although foremost he is a fighter, he was actually a magnificent Marketing Man... he'd grown on me and I'm a fan now.

Jones although an excellent fighter is clueless and a moron, why didn't he stick with his accusation?
    OLeg Taktarov - All time Favorite
    Old school UFC Fan
    Gabri1985 said:

MMA_FTW said:

JimmyYO said:

MMA_FTW said:

did you not see his interview with Rogan where he has a pop at kos for saying he never meant anything he said about gsp?
    Nope, didn't see that interview.
  • chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    funny jones came out and said hes sorry lmao hes scared and knows hes losing his belt
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    MMA_FTW said:

Gabri1985 said:

MMA_FTW said:

JimmyYO said:

MMA_FTW said:

Nope, didn't see that interview.