Mir says Lesnar would have been dominant in UFC if he never got diverticulitis

Comments

• BlackziliansBlackzilians Posts: 565Free
    edited April 2013
    pffffffft that doesn't mean he can still take a hit. link text
    link text
    link text

he would have been a better fighter if he let some training partners spar with him. he doesn't like to get hit thats why he can't take punches
    Post edited by Blackzilians on
    Maia vs Rousey
    Phenom 'n Suga
    Welcome to Welterweight Division Mr. Lombard.
    AAAND NEW! UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Alexander Gustafsson
  • 2006Man2006Man Posts: 235Free

pffffffft that doesn't mean he can still take a hit. link text
    link text
    link text

he would have been a better fighter if he let some training partners spar with him. he doesn't like to get hit thats why he can't take punches

i think brock just lost his balance against cain in that second gif becuae he went for a takedown and cain moved to the side
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    edited April 2013
    just because he can pound mir's face into burger meat doesnt mean he would have been dominante, he couldnt take a punch

brock was already hurt when he shot for that takedown on cain which resulted in him loosing balance
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    PunchBag said:

just because he can pound mir's face into burger meat doesnt mean he would have been dominante, he couldnt take a punch

brock was already hurt when he shot for that takedown on cain which resulted in him loosing balance

Im sorry but Brock took big shots from Carwin so anyone who says he cant take a shot is an idiot
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate
    The disease takes a lot out of you and not being able to eat enough and get proper nutrition does the rest. I dropped from 160+ to 114 the day of my surgery over the course of 12 months. It's been 13 months since my surgery and I've just now been comfortable enough to get back in the gym.

It changed my whole body composition losing that amount of weight and then gaining it back but not being able to exercise.
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds
    chanman20 said:

PunchBag said:

Im sorry but Brock took big shots from Carwin so anyone who says he cant take a shot is an idiot

from what i remember brock was on the floor getting hit cowering for his life and the fight could have been stopped then and there and nobody would have argued with the stoppage.
    "Believe in the beard"

he can take shots. but doesn't know how to handle them well always covering and dropping down. Carwin won that fight........ Lesnar doesn't know how to defend against these pure strikers the reem fight was a joke for reem.
    Maia vs Rousey
    Phenom 'n Suga
    the disease put lesnar in retirement but his fighting skills a.k.a stand up is why he wouldn't be such a good fighter. CARWIN WON CAIN WON OVEREEM WON all had Lesnar dropped in the first but the CARWIN fight should have been stopped.
    Maia vs Rousey
    Phenom 'n Suga
    yea lesnar would not in anyway have been a dominante champ, dude beat mir but so does half the divison
    "Believe in the beard"

PunchBag said:

yea lesnar would not in anyway have been a dominante champ, dude beat mir but so does half the divison

OH SNAP!!!!!! nice

Maia vs Rousey
    Phenom 'n Suga
    edited April 2013
    people said JDS would be dominate champ after he beat Mir then came along JDS vs Cain 2 but atleast JDS is far better than Lesnar. He has the best boxing in HW and Lesnar has a sword tattoo. If Lesnar got to fight JDS after the TUF show it would be like the Overeem fight but instead of a liver kick probably be a deadly uppercut or body shot
    Maia vs Rousey
    Phenom 'n Suga
    edited April 2013
    i think mir vs bigfoot would be a good matchup and i would have to take bigfoot if the fight ever happens
    "Believe in the beard"

• IdentityIdentity Posts: 7,019Free
    His size kinda worked against him in a way
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    Of course brock could take a punch, if he couldn't Carwin would have knocked him out. There is a difference between not being able to take a punch and not knowing how to react to getting punched.
    WELL HE REACTS LIKE A B!TCH!!!!!!
    Maia vs Rousey
    Phenom 'n Suga
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,826Free
    No he wouldn't have

Brock got some fights handed to him

Then when he had to fight the top dogs it was game over

Sick or not, the top tier of HW's right now would plow through Lesnar
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    and he could beat your ****.
    ahhhhhhhh who cares Lesnar never fighting in the UFC again so this whole forum is wack and when he was in the UFC he was never a dominate force disease or not. he's just mad he couldn't F-5 people
    Maia vs Rousey
    Phenom 'n Suga
  • skullboneskullbone Posts: 1,957Free
    I agree that Brock could've done better had the illness not come along. Maybe he didn't have the skills a guy like Velasquez has, but maybe if he never had the disease his brute power and athletisism would've been at a level high enough to still find a way to win. Who knows, maybe he would've been fast enough and strong enough to score and hold onto takedowns in his later fights. One thing is certain, he couldn't have done worse, so logic dictates he could've only done better with his health in tact. Look at that video posted of Lesnar and Hulk Hogan from 2002 and then compare to post illness Lesnar. There's a huge difference and with his style it matters. Lesnar with 2002 body would've done much better against Overeem for sure.
  • SolidStateLogicSolidStateLogic Posts: 4,184Free
    I don't believe it. Diverticulitis didn't make him a pansy when it came to getting punched in the face.
    Overeem - Hari - Spong - Daley - Hardy - Manhoef - A. Silva - Rutten - Diaz Bros
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,073Free
    Brock was never that skilled. He just knew how to use his tools. He was getting beat up by Couture lol..

Can you imagine how bad Cormier or JDS would have whooped him, even in his prime.
    edited April 2013
    i dont even think he knew how to use his tools, he only used them effectively once in the rematch with mir, arguably though his win over couture was simply his size and his win of mir a combination of his wrestling pedigree and size. but even on the gorund with mir all he knew how to do was land those short shots he never tried to advance position or posture up to raign bombs or look for a submission
    "Believe in the beard"

• FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,047Free
    2006Man said:

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/the_main_event/diverticulitis_says_lesnar_would_johQGFsdhpfy08Lywcm3pI#axzz2QwQiOiXU

have to agree with him. Brock was never the most skilled fighter, mostly because he was one of the least experienced. The potential his physical superiority brought him was massive.

Everyone have to keep in mind that his illness not only affected his athletic abilities in the octagon, but kept him from training both physically and technically. A guy with that little experience in combat (other than his wrestling) being so physically dominant that he was able to compete with some of the best HW has ever offered so far... Man.. Remember that you always learn faster in the beginning.. Learning basic practical concepts... It's when you get more and more experienced that the tricks you have to learn become more subtle and take more and more time to master for smaller and smaller rewards in the octagon.

MMA-wise, Brock was almost an amateur when he fought Mir.. I'm sure some guys we see having their first fight ever in the UFC have spent more time training than Brock has in his whole MMA carreer. Imagine how dangerous he could have been if all the months he spent just surviving in the hospital, he had spent them training and learning...

And lets not forget that being on the couch in survival mode for months basically ruins your cardio and muscular shape. There's no way he was ever able to recover all his power and athleticism eh had when he fought Mir in just a couple months of training camp. I don't know if he would really have been a long term reigning champ. But for sure if he had been healthy all along he would've been always hanging around in the top 3 at HW and would've put on some very impressive performances.
  • megamanmegaman Posts: 5,281Free

he can take shots. but doesn't know how to handle them well always covering and dropping down. Carwin won that fight........ Lesnar doesn't know how to defend against these pure strikers the reem fight was a joke for reem.

Carwin didn't win that fight, if anything it was the best call ever from a ref, he was never out and came back to tap Carwin's gassed **** in just a couple of seconds, Carwin beat himself that night.

• GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    I had a great uncle that suffered from diverticulitis, big man he was, but by the end he could barely lift a kitten. It takes a lot out of you, and it's amazing Brock was able to compete at all after the surgery.
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free

2006Man said:

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/the_main_event/diverticulitis_says_lesnar_would_johQGFsdhpfy08Lywcm3pI#axzz2QwQiOiXU

have to agree with him. Brock was never the most skilled fighter, mostly because he was one of the least experienced. The potential his physical superiority brought him was massive.

Everyone have to keep in mind that his illness not only affected his athletic abilities in the octagon, but kept him from training both physically and technically. A guy with that little experience in combat (other than his wrestling) being so physically dominant that he was able to compete with some of the best HW has ever offered so far... Man.. Remember that you always learn faster in the beginning.. Learning basic practical concepts... It's when you get more and more experienced that the tricks you have to learn become more subtle and take more and more time to master for smaller and smaller rewards in the octagon.

MMA-wise, Brock was almost an amateur when he fought Mir.. I'm sure some guys we see having their first fight ever in the UFC have spent more time training than Brock has in his whole MMA carreer. Imagine how dangerous he could have been if all the months he spent just surviving in the hospital, he had spent them training and learning...

And lets not forget that being on the couch in survival mode for months basically ruins your cardio and muscular shape. There's no way he was ever able to recover all his power and athleticism eh had when he fought Mir in just a couple months of training camp. I don't know if he would really have been a long term reigning champ. But for sure if he had been healthy all along he would've been always hanging around in the top 3 at HW and would've put on some very impressive performances.
    SCO would agree with u :))
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,652Free
    He already was dominant in the UFC pre-diverticulitis. Brock is a once in a life time athlete, it's really a shame he didn't start younger and/or train with a legitimate camp.
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,847Free
    edited April 2013

He already was dominant in the UFC pre-diverticulitis. Brock is a once in a life time athlete, it's really a shame he didn't start younger and/or train with a legitimate camp.

He had problems with other world class wrestlers. He took a lot of good shots without getting knocked out, even though he lost. I don't think he would have dominated, but he would have put up a better fight against Reem.
    Post edited by classicboxer on
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • DecisionGeorgeDecisionGeorge Posts: 73Free
    Dominant or not, but sure there are a lot of Entertaining fight could have been line up for him if not for his illness. i was dismayed with Overeem fight coz its no longer the athletic Lesnar, it could have been a competitive fight if not for his illness, mind you I'm not even a fan.
    OLeg Taktarov - All time Favorite
    Old school UFC Fan
  • RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
    Well, I think t was pretty clear Lesnar couldnt deal with HITS. He got figured out quick after his fight with Carwin who also gassed out which made Lesnars job easier !