LMFAO! Who threw in the towel

sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate
Hahah
imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Comments

• GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    Wait what? Someone threw the towel in? LOL!
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    It was nick.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate
    Galvanik said:

Wait what? Someone threw the towel in? LOL!

Yeah lol ... Nate's corner did as the ref was stopping it

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds
    Lol I need a gif

• ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
    Nick didn't like to see his little brother getting beat up. Understandable
    Brent555 said:

Nick was so high that he thought the towel was a snake. He freaked out and threw it off of him. It accidentally landed in the octagon.

I legit lol'd

• MiguelosoMigueloso Posts: 464Ultimate
    Brent555 said:

Nick was so high that he thought the towel was a snake. He freaked out and threw it off of him. It accidentally landed in the octagon.

ha, I'm gonna have to go with this theory.
    Forum Face Off Champion 2013
  • DecisionGeorgeDecisionGeorge Posts: 73Free
    The Diaz brothers should stop fighting like ROBOTS, their STAND is a perfect pick for wrestlers and a (head) Highkick Target for strikers (as Nate had shown).
    OLeg Taktarov - All time Favorite
    Old school UFC Fan
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,211Free
    edited April 2013
    The weird part to me was that when Josh dipped to the right to load the kick i saw it coming both times and Nate i guess thought he was punching and slipped to the left both times. You would think he'd learn his lesson not to lean into it after the first time but bad instincts die hard. Bad training.
    Post edited by StompGrind on
  • secondsoutsecondsout Posts: 443Free
    Whoever trew it, did it to protect Nate. Nothing embarrasing in that. Towels, white flags....to prevent further harm.
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    Prolly Nick. Such a p4p brother.
    Believe in Beard
  • PenguPengu Posts: 4,130Free
    Read it was illegal under the unified MMA rules to throw in the towel...
    Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast all Night! All day!

Osu!

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    Pengu said:

Read it was illegal under the unified MMA rules to throw in the towel...

Nick's such a rebel

Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,724Free
    Someone in your corner throws in the towel > quitting between rounds > tapping to strikes
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,911Free
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    fight was over anyway, not a big deal
  • Ross72Ross72 Posts: 14Free
    I'm not a huge fan of Nate's but that was bad timing on his part and the corner realized he was done. Saved him further harm. No shame in that.
    Identity said:

WarWest threw the towel

this

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    WarWest said:

Someone in your corner throws in the towel > quitting between rounds > tapping to strikes

In all honesty they're equal

Each one admits defeat
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,557Free
    edited April 2013
    Keem said:

WarWest said:

Each one admits defeat
    But in two out of 3 the fighter accepts defeat. At least Nate went out on his shield as hilarious as it was.
    Post edited by Omoplataypus on
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

Keem said:

WarWest said:

Each one admits defeat
    But in two out of 3 the fighter accepts defeat. At least Nate went out on his shield as hilarious as it was.
    Probably because Nate wasn't all there after get hurt like he did. Regardless, his corner is an extension of himself and they declared he was done/he didn't need to continue and they all have known Nate long enough
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,724Free
    Keem said:

WarWest said:

Each one admits defeat
    No, they're not

Tapping to strikes is the lowest of the low
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    Keem said:

WarWest said:

Each one admits defeat
    quitting on your stool is the worst at least with the other two your taking a beating as it happens.
    the buffer 180... best move in the UFC.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=169_1364680421

"Ameriman is the P4P greatest poster of all time, and he would never welch on a sigbet." [sic]

"I took wanderleisilva101's MMA knowledge to the back of the throat and I loved it! P.S Chael will get destroyed by Wand too!"

Miesha Nose.
    WarWest said:

Keem said:

WarWest said:

Each one admits defeat
    No, they're not

Tapping to strikes is the lowest of the low
    Gabri1985 said:

Keem said:

WarWest said:

Each one admits defeat
    quitting on your stool is the worst at least with the other two your taking a beating as it happens.
    I understand everyones got a preference

Megumi Fuji

• idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited April 2013
    i thought it was an early stoppage...only because of my biased opinion that i wanted to see nate get smashed out. the towel part would have pissed me off if the ref didnt stop it.

Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car