Tonight's Biggest Winner / Tonights Biggest Loser

BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
Well let's have em folks...who helped advance thier career/Gained fans/ect...and who did not

Biggest Winner: Josh Thomson
The guy come into the ufc with little hype and beats a title challenger in impressive fashion...he gained some fans and set himself up for a #1 contender fight...a title shot would be a lil bit a reach but justifiable...definitely the best win of his career

Runner up: Gilbert Melendez
Another guy who didn't have much hype aswell...came in and fought a tough fight with the champ...maybe earned a title rematch...I know many on here feel he won that fight

Biggest Loser: Frank Mir
I can't remember him looking any worse in a fight he didn't get finished in...he fought a guy who was making his UFC debut and this was a very winnable fight for Frank...it looked like he was just there for a check for 15 mins of work...this make two bad showing in a row for the former champ

Runner Up: Nate Diaz
Much like frank it was not a good showing for Nate...but unlike Frank Nate was pretty active...what hurt him was he just got finished in the worst way in his career...add that his and his brother weakness in lacking of footwork has been exposed, this may lead to harder fights for him

Discuss
Sig record
40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>

Comments

• Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 961Free
    Biggest winner: 1. Thompson 2. Brown 3. Melendez

Biggest loser: 1. Diaz 2. Bendo 3. Mir

Thompson and Brown looked incredible. Melendez earned respect from all the fans who didn't know who he was.

Diaz got exposed badly. Bendo confirmed everything for his detractors(but still clearly won). Mir was in the best shape of his career and still got handled easily by a guy with questionable cardio.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,731Free
    Biggest winner: Brown

Biggest loser: Mir
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,879Free
    I think its time for Mir to retire.
    Cormier looked ordinary but Mir was pretty woeful tonight.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,269Free
    Brown was not the biggest winner, he was already regarded as p4p by real MMA fans.....only cans like Cruz and Tuf1 doubted him

The biggest winner was Thompson

Biggest loser unfortunately Diaz
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,959Free
    Mir's only like 33 or something?
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    Biggest Loser: Cormier, derailed his own hype train by wall and stall.

Biggest Winner: Thompson, took out the #4 ranked fighter while not ranked himself
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,013Free

but Josh was up there. he should fight Miller/Healy winner

Only if its Miller.

I know you havent been watching MMA for a while but The Punk already strangled Healy.
  • chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    Mir might of looked bad but he landed some BIG kicks and had DC hurt... He stayed in there the whole time and couldof won...
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free

Biggest Loser: Nate Diaz

agreed.
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    chanman20 said:

Mir might of looked bad but he landed some BIG kicks and had DC hurt... He stayed in there the whole time and couldof won...

I saw it as him not trying much...and the biggest knee of the night was landed by DC in the clinch

I was not an impressive win by DC...but Frank never looked go at all to me...I wonder what his game plan was cuz he was not listing to his corner
    Sig record
    40-21

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

• juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,949Free
    chanman20 said:

Anyone could win but he was controlled for the entire fight.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,824Free
    edited April 2013
    tomson beat gil, gil beat bendo = tomson will become next lw champ

tomson easily biggest winner

gil comes second by putting on a great performance he might drop to featherweight now something he talked about doing before diaz vs bendo fight.

mir needs to retire, i cant consider him a looser because i expected him to loose

diaz was probably the biggest looser that night getting tkod badly by an unranked fighter.

mein got worked by brown but i expected brown to win. both exciting guys though
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,310Free
    Mir could of won that fight. I don't even think he was trying.

He was making terrible decisions. Mir was the biggest loser tonight.

The Punk was the biggest winner.

Notable mentions: Gilbert Melendez took it took Benson and I think we should see a rematch. Matt Brown with another bad **** win.

Only a few fighters were rather disappointing on the entire card.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    PoloRidah said:

Notable mentions: Gilbert Melendez took it took Benson and I think we should see a rematch. Matt Brown with another bad **** win.

I agree...I don't feel he tried hard...I have never thought the ufc was rigged...but if there ever was a guy who I can see throwing fights its Mir

First that long like 15+ sec time he had brock in his guard and attempt no sweeps,no subs with a non threating/non gnp throwing Brock at the time...that was odd

Now his piss poor choices he made in the DC fight and lack if effort
    Sig record
    40-21

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,310Free
    BruteDion said:

PoloRidah said:

I agree...I don't feel he tried hard...I have never thought the ufc was rigged...but if there ever was a guy who I can see throwing fights its Mir

First that long like 15+ sec time he had brock in his guard and attempt no sweeps,no subs with a non threating/non gnp throwing Brock at the time...that was odd

Now his piss poor choices he made in the DC fight and lack if effort
    I was just expecting more from him. Better decisions!!

He hyped up the fight since he made the decision to change camps for this and came into the fight looking like he was in great shape.

Mir basically looked like a rookie out there due to the bad decisions he was making. There were points in the fight that Mir was initiating the clinch, which is the last thing he should of been doing.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    edited April 2013
    Jackson says to mir keep the fight long don't let him get you against the cage. Mir then goes out and clinches with him.

like Rogan was saying aswel why not throw leg kicks? If he took mir down he could get in trouble. Leg and body kicks were what he should of been looking at.
    Post edited by Gabri1985 on

Biggest Loser: Nate Diaz

Definitely. Josh got a lot of attention and Diaz's standup has been exposed in 2 straight fights. Let's see if he adjusts.

GSP MAFIA

Leonie fan since day one....No questions asked.

The Funny Thread

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkar
  • KOTMFKOTMF Posts: 348Free
    BruteDion said:

chanman20 said:

I saw it as him not trying much...and the biggest knee of the night was landed by DC in the clinch

I was not an impressive win by DC...but Frank never looked go at all to me...I wonder what his game plan was cuz he was not listing to his corner
    That wall and stall by DC was absolutely disgusting. I was watching the fight at a party and it bored me to no end. I was hoping Mir would do something because DC was doing nothing but holding him the whole fight. I wish they would've separated them more often, that was a waste of 15 mins.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,824Free
    but mir kept initiating the clinch also, mir fought retardedly
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion