Should melendez get a rematch

PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,859Free
was a very close fight, split decision win and arguably gil won that fight.

I would not mind seeing a rematch between the 2. Imo maynard has less of a chance of beating benson than gil anyway.
"Believe in the beard"
I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

Tagged:

Comments

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,650Free
    Gil was robbed so I'd say yes. I feel like the TJ/Maynard winner should have one more fight
  • Solid_SnakeSolid_Snake Posts: 11,789Moderator, Ultimate
    Nah, he did great, but I don't really think the fight was that close. And the decision was unanimous according to judges not affiliated with Melendez.
    GSP MAFIA

Leonie fan since day one....No questions asked.

The Funny Thread

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkar

Nah, he did great, but I don't really think the fight was that close. And the decision was unanimous according to judges not affiliated with Melendez.

It was split and obviously controversial
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,820Free
    Yes

But not immediate
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Solid_SnakeSolid_Snake Posts: 11,789Moderator, Ultimate

One judge was paid off, so all Melendez had to do was convince just one more judge. He failed, and does not deserve a rematch.
    GSP MAFIA

Leonie fan since day one....No questions asked.

The Funny Thread

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkar

One judge was paid off, so all Melendez had to do was convince just one more judge. He failed, and does not deserve a rematch.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,859Free
    i dislike benson because he seems to do only just enough to win, thats why so many of his fights have gone the distance
    "Believe in the beard"

PunchBag said:

i dislike benson because he seems to do only just enough to win, thats why so many of his fights have gone the distance

He wins a lot of rounds by purely turning it up in the last 30 seconds to deceive the judges and he always talks about how unimportant fighting is to him. Plus he never stops shoving religion down everyone's throat. Can't even watch 2 guys punch each other in the face without hearing about Jesus.
  • CaptainSupermanCaptainSuperman Posts: 10,101Free
    No. Instead he should give Thompson the rematch he deserves, since Gil robbed him in their 3rd fight
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,603Free
    edited April 2013
    Both fighters didnt tear their own leg off to win the 5th round! benson 2, 4, 5 but razor thin and Gil great 1 and 3 round but a immidiate rematch in the LW again? Noooooooooo ,even Gil was cool with the decision heartbroken but accept it so why cant we? he will fight him again but not immidiatly so many good fighters in that devision mix it up maybe a LW Tournament like @ MW or upcoming featherweight Tour. on UFC 162 CARD!!! Best Perfomance gets a Shot!
    Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

would be great to bump tomson up to n1 contender, he finished nate something benson couldnt do and he also aqrguably beat gil. nobody else deserves it more than tomson right now
    "Believe in the beard"

• CarlosBelcherCarlosBelcher Posts: 384Free
    i don't think so, he looked good against bendo, but Ben was always 1 step ahead of him and it looked like Gil didn't want this bad enough
  • wedo619wedo619 Posts: 1,285Free
    ABSO **** LUTELY
    photo NickDiazHitem.jpg

sigbet record- 1-0
  • amuneraamunera Posts: 1,912Free
    No immediate rematch.
    Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
    Fav:
    HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez

• idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited April 2013

Gil was robbed so I'd say yes. I feel like the TJ/Maynard winner should have one more fight

why? because the gracie jiujitsu judge just happened to be the only judge who seems to think he should have won? would have should have could have. didnt.

who does he think he is? he's a gracie fighter. not Rematch Frankie 'The free title shot' Edgar. Hell yet another gracie fighter who gets a free title shot without even fighting in the UFC enough to deserve it. He should be thankful he even got the chance. Not crying and begging for a rematch like a sore loser. Let the diaz brothers do that. They are the best in that field.

as a challenger, its your job to do enough to go out there and take the title. when its a close fight, the defending champ should always get the nod. gilbert can get back in line with jake, nate, nick, and everybody else who never earned their title shot in the ufc to begin with and still got the free handout anyways. He didnt enough to solidify the fight in any of the judges eyes, except the gracie jiujitsu judge. Hopefully he will regroup from this, learn from his mistakes and deal with it.

No rematch. give it to somebody who earns it. This isnt a game of fight the guy until you win, but dont make it look convincing or dominant enough for you to win, just to set up your next rematch. a fight is a fight, gilbert had plenty of time to train and be ready, and the only judge he could fool was his own.
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,185Free
    If he goes on another winning streak, yes.
    i watched the fight and thought gil won so i think it was fair to assume a judge might unbiasedly chose gil as the winner
    "Believe in the beard"

why? because the gracie jiujitsu judge just happened to be the only judge who seems to think he should have won? would have should have could have. didnt.

who does he think he is? he's a gracie fighter. not Rematch Frankie 'The free title shot' Edgar. Hell yet another gracie fighter who gets a free title shot without even fighting in the UFC enough to deserve it. He should be thankful he even got the chance. Not crying and begging for a rematch like a sore loser. Let the diaz brothers do that. They are the best in that field.

as a challenger, its your job to do enough to go out there and take the title. when its a close fight, the defending champ should always get the nod. gilbert can get back in line with jake, nate, nick, and everybody else who never earned their title shot in the ufc to begin with and still got the free handout anyways. He didnt enough to solidify the fight in any of the judges eyes, except the gracie jiujitsu judge. Hopefully he will regroup from this, learn from his mistakes and deal with it.

No rematch. give it to somebody who earns it. This isnt a game of fight the guy until you win, but dont make it look convincing or dominant enough for you to win, just to set up your next rematch. a fight is a fight, gilbert had plenty of time to train and be ready, and the only judge he could fool was his own.

though i do admit, he was the dominant SF champ and probably deserved that title shot, just like the rest of the gracie fighters, he never earned his title shot from actually competing in the ufc.
    Damn son

You mad
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,015Free
    I thought he won but there is no way he should get an immediate rematch. It will just back up the division and there are plenty of contenders.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited April 2013
    Why would i be mad? aint nobody can answer that. obvious trolls are obvious. at least put some effort in it. Hey YH, If you gotta keep regurgitating the same crap, youve got nothing left bud. Youre just a sad pathetic troll hanging out under his bridge, cant refute any logic and the only thing you have left to go on is to just keep repeating the same old phrase....,It makes me believe that YOU are the one who is butthurt. Keep on with the whole knee jerk reaction lameness because you never bring anything of value to any discussion other than a bunch of sad trollbait one liners.

I dont see myself crying that melendez should get a rematch. You clearly believe he was robbed. Bendo clearly won that fight and Gil didnt do enough and choked under pressure. The judges who werent gracie jiujitsu affiliated agreed with me, and Gil is not getting his rematch any time soon. You mad bro??
    Just givin out the D
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • SaucemonSaucemon Posts: 2Free
    Melendez fought tough and never got pushed around the octagon, which fighters like Benzo and Maynard have been able to do to smaller opponents time and time again. That said, I'd like to see Maynard vs Melendez after Maynard makes quick work of TJ.

Why would i be mad? aint nobody can answer that. obvious trolls are obvious.

I dont see myself crying that melendez should get a rematch. The rest of you are.

Really?

Because there's only one person in this thread that says he should get an immediate rematch

And there's definitely nobody in here crying except for you LoL
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    edited April 2013
    Well according to yesterdays hero, in his own words, melendez was "robbed". i think he's still butthurt I think Bendo was robbed from a unanymous clear cut victory because the gracie camp brought in their own judge and tried to rig the diaz and gilbert fights.

And wtf am i crying about? please enlighten me. Ive only asked twice now and obviously you cant answer that, so i must not be mad hey! I think youre a little gotten to yourself every time i post. Ima keep spamming that question all over the place the way you and YH keep spamming the knee jerk one liners...that way maybe ill get an answer from you lamers as to just why i am so mad and crying.

I really cant figure that out myself, but since you two fools appear to know everything about me, maybe you can answer. So why am i so mad again??
    Just givin out the D
    edited April 2013
    so theres only one person in this thread crying for a rematch??

mmmkay. Why do people enjoy watching boring gracie fighters? is it just to hear them cry and make excuses after the fight, because the only one who knows how to win any fights is a **** women. the rest of the camp just acts like one. hell nick has to threaten retirement and beg for another chance just to take the garbage out and jake has to roid up just to make me a sandwich.
    Just givin out the D

Well according to yesterdays hero, in his own words, melendez was "robbed". i think he's still butthurt I think Bendo was robbed from a unanymous clear cut victory because the gracie camp brought in their own judge and tried to rig the diaz and gilbert fights.

And wtf am i crying about? please enlighten me. Ive only asked twice now and obviously you cant answer that, so i must not be mad hey! I think youre a little gotten to yourself every time i post. Ima keep spamming that question all over the place the way you and YH keep spamming the knee jerk one liners...that way maybe ill get an answer from you lamers as to just why i am so mad and crying.

I really cant figure that out myself, but since you two fools appear to know everything about me, maybe you can answer. So why am i so mad again??

I have no clue why you are so mad and crying

Only you can figure that out, I just sit back and laugh LoL

I do know it's not healthy though
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    Youre the one saying im so mad. Why am i so mad WW?
    Just givin out the D

Youre the one saying im so mad. Why am i so mad WW?

This:
    WarWest said:

I have no clue why you are so mad and crying

Only you can figure that out, I just sit back and laugh LoL

I do know it's not healthy though
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine

so theres only one person in this thread crying for a rematch??

I haven't seen anybody in here crying for a rematch
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • CaptainSupermanCaptainSuperman Posts: 10,101Free
    Drank came into a thread about Gil, STILL ends up talking about the Diaz's.

WW, I think he is a bigger fan than you