GSP: No Time Limits in MMA Only Way to Prove Who the Best Really Is

WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,719Free
edited December 2013 in UFC
Post edited by WarWest on
The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
The Stockton Hater
209's So Fine
«1

Comments

  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,719Free
    =)) =)) =)) =))
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,253Free
    “There’s a lot of thing I want to change in the sport. First of all the time. There is no time. I seriously think it’s stupid the round. If you want to see who the best man let them fight 15 min or maybe 25 min for the championship no round. Why the round? Why are we trying to be like boxing? We’re not boxers why do a round when they wanted boxing to be accepted as a sport.”

    Notice how he still mentioned there should be a time limit, just no rounds. That way he is still able to lay on them for 25 mins to win the fight.
    image
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4
    image


  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,719Free
    Gasses in the second round of the Diaz fight, asks for no rounds

    Doesn't make weight in the Diaz fight, says cutting 5 pounds is harder than cutting 35

    Either all the damage he has taken over the years is catching up, or he made friends with Diaz and he's now GSP's supplier
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • BAMfreddrickBAMfreddrick Somewhere in AlbertaPosts: 4,949Free
    PATSTER said:

    He would lose every fight lol what an idiot

    I don't see how it would make him lose. If anything it'd help wrestlers like him. But it isn't too bad of an idea, I mean a fighter gets saved by the bell when he was about to lose and the other gasses trying to put him away before the bell, why not force the fighter to find a real way out of danger.

    Here in our athletic commission we have a "No saved by the bell" rule for all MMA even amateur.

    __________________________________________________________________________
    Cutman//Cornerman//Competitor
    image

    image
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,719Free
    waikru said:

    Maybe he believes that if the fight was another thirty minutes longer he could get a finish, but he's sadly mistaken. That would just be more tme for his opponents to finish him.

    See I was thinking the same thing

    If you don't want any time limit at all that's all the more time for your opponent to capitalize on your mistake
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • AxeMurduhAxeMurduh ShuragogaunepechwanPosts: 1,918Free
    GSP would UD Anderson you all know it.

  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    LOL change the rules so this blanket can out-cardio people? I believe that is what he is getting at. How sad, the hole GSP digs himself into just gets deeper and deeper.

    Condit must have re-programmed his brain with that kick.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,719Free
    AxeMurduh said:

    GSP would UD Anderson you all know it.

    I'm pretty good about "anything can happen" in fights

    But there is a 99.9 percent chance of Silva winning that fight
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • BAMfreddrickBAMfreddrick Somewhere in AlbertaPosts: 4,949Free
    WarWest said:

    AxeMurduh said:

    GSP would UD Anderson you all know it.

    I'm pretty good about "anything can happen" in fights

    But there is a 99.9 percent chance of Silva winning that fight
    It'd probably look like Sonnen silva 2.
    __________________________________________________________________________
    Cutman//Cornerman//Competitor
    image

    image
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,577Free
    edited April 2013
    Make it happen ...
    HERE IS THE BUT THAT WOULD CHANGE GSPs OPINION IMMIDIATLY WATCH OUT!

    One 25min Round...

    BUT if u just lay on ur opponent, in a positon like Guard and no dominant position like side control...
    the ref have to stand u up less than a minute if u didnt improve ur pos. what do think how fast gsp would change his opinion of 25 min rounds?
    Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on
    image
    image
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1
    image







  • Ufcguy1Ufcguy1 Posts: 18Free
    When I'm watching gsp fight I'm like thank god there is rounds so we can finally see a stand up but imagining a gsp fight with no rounds is a scary thought. Insomniacs would be happy.
  • Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,165Free
    He just wants to show off his homosexuality some more so he can lay on people for as long as he wants while rubbing his greasy **** on them. True story.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    image
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
    image
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,719Free
    Could you imagine what would happen to PPV sales on GSP fight cards that have no time limit?

    LoL
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,165Free
    Time limits are essential to the sports continuation imo.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,253Free
    edited April 2013
    Hellequin said:

    Time limits are essential to the sports continuation imo.

    GSP said he wanted a time limit just no rounds, basically making it a 1 round fight at either 15 mins or 25 mins.
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    image
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4
    image


  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,165Free
    PoloRidah said:

    Hellequin said:

    Time limits are essential to the sports continuation imo.

    GSP said he wanted a time limit just no rounds, basically making it a 1 round fight at either 15 mins or 25 mins.
    Oh well that is a very misleading title to an article I did not read lol.
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    edited April 2013
    WarWest said:

    Could you imagine what would happen to PPV sales on GSP fight cards that have no time limit?

    LoL

    In Canada the same numbers and seats he's been pulling honestly

    In North America maybe 75% of Canadian numbers
    Post edited by Keem on
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


    - C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira


    J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim


    Megumi Fuji

    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

    Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,719Free
    Keem said:

    WarWest said:

    Could you imagine what would happen to PPV sales on GSP fight cards that have no time limit?

    LoL

    In Canada the same numbers and seats he's been pulling honestly

    In North America maybe 75% of Canadian numbers
    Not even a chance

    He losing more and more fans (Canadian also) with every fight

    If it goes to no rounds, or longer than 25 minutes he will slow the pace even more

    We've all heard straight from GSP's mouth multiple times about how he conserves energy by slowing the pace to his own

    Without rounds or longer fights he would slow it even more (make it more boring)

    That equals less PPV buys, guaranteed
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    Ufcguy1 said:

    When I'm watching gsp fight I'm like thank god there is rounds so we can finally see a stand up but imagining a gsp fight with no rounds is a scary thought. Insomniacs would be happy.

    :))
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    edited April 2013
    WarWest said:

    Keem said:

    WarWest said:

    Could you imagine what would happen to PPV sales on GSP fight cards that have no time limit?

    LoL

    In Canada the same numbers and seats he's been pulling honestly

    In North America maybe 75% of Canadian numbers
    Not even a chance

    He losing more and more fans (Canadian also) with every fight

    If it goes to no rounds, or longer than 25 minutes he will slow the pace even more

    We've all heard straight from GSP's mouth multiple times about how he conserves energy by slowing the pace to his own

    Without rounds or longer fights he would slow it even more (make it more boring)

    That equals less PPV buys, guaranteed
    You'd have to show me some market research trends/ some form of numbers on how many Canadian fans are tuning in to see GSP anymore as of late to sell that claim. Based off the numbers he pulled in his last 3 the difference would have to be so miniscule that it doesn't even matter because there's still viewers in the 2-3+ millions that are still tuning in. Canada or somewhere else.
    Post edited by Keem on
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


    - C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira


    J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim


    Megumi Fuji

    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

    Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,719Free
    Keem said:

    WarWest said:

    Keem said:

    WarWest said:

    Could you imagine what would happen to PPV sales on GSP fight cards that have no time limit?

    LoL

    In Canada the same numbers and seats he's been pulling honestly

    In North America maybe 75% of Canadian numbers
    Not even a chance

    He losing more and more fans (Canadian also) with every fight

    If it goes to no rounds, or longer than 25 minutes he will slow the pace even more

    We've all heard straight from GSP's mouth multiple times about how he conserves energy by slowing the pace to his own

    Without rounds or longer fights he would slow it even more (make it more boring)

    That equals less PPV buys, guaranteed
    You'd have to show me some market research trends/ some form of numbers on how many Canadian fans are tuning in to see GSP anymore as of late to sell that claim. Based off the numbers he pulled in his last 3 the difference would have to be so miniscule that it doesn't even matter because there's still viewers in the 2-3+ millions that are still tuning in. Canada or somewhere else.
    Indeed

    But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that boring fights that are extra long wont sell
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    WarWest said:

    Keem said:

    WarWest said:

    Keem said:

    WarWest said:

    Could you imagine what would happen to PPV sales on GSP fight cards that have no time limit?

    LoL

    In Canada the same numbers and seats he's been pulling honestly

    In North America maybe 75% of Canadian numbers
    Not even a chance

    He losing more and more fans (Canadian also) with every fight

    If it goes to no rounds, or longer than 25 minutes he will slow the pace even more

    We've all heard straight from GSP's mouth multiple times about how he conserves energy by slowing the pace to his own

    Without rounds or longer fights he would slow it even more (make it more boring)

    That equals less PPV buys, guaranteed
    You'd have to show me some market research trends/ some form of numbers on how many Canadian fans are tuning in to see GSP anymore as of late to sell that claim. Based off the numbers he pulled in his last 3 the difference would have to be so miniscule that it doesn't even matter because there's still viewers in the 2-3+ millions that are still tuning in. Canada or somewhere else.
    Indeed

    But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that (boring fights that are extra long wont sell)
    That's where promoting comes in and as GSP headlined cards have shown

    GSP isn't as boring to paying customers as this forum makes him, or what's in "()" just isn't the case
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


    - C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira


    J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim


    Megumi Fuji

    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

    Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • tysonGOATtysonGOAT Posts: 43Free
    he meant no rounds, like a non title fight would be 15 straight minutes no break.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,719Free
    Keem said:

    WarWest said:

    Keem said:

    WarWest said:

    Keem said:

    WarWest said:

    Could you imagine what would happen to PPV sales on GSP fight cards that have no time limit?

    LoL

    In Canada the same numbers and seats he's been pulling honestly

    In North America maybe 75% of Canadian numbers
    Not even a chance

    He losing more and more fans (Canadian also) with every fight

    If it goes to no rounds, or longer than 25 minutes he will slow the pace even more

    We've all heard straight from GSP's mouth multiple times about how he conserves energy by slowing the pace to his own

    Without rounds or longer fights he would slow it even more (make it more boring)

    That equals less PPV buys, guaranteed
    You'd have to show me some market research trends/ some form of numbers on how many Canadian fans are tuning in to see GSP anymore as of late to sell that claim. Based off the numbers he pulled in his last 3 the difference would have to be so miniscule that it doesn't even matter because there's still viewers in the 2-3+ millions that are still tuning in. Canada or somewhere else.
    Indeed

    But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that (boring fights that are extra long wont sell)
    That's where promoting comes in and as GSP headlined cards have shown

    GSP isn't as boring to paying customers as this forum makes him, or what's in "()" just isn't the case
    Long boring fights = Less PPV's
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    edited April 2013
    tysonGOAT said:

    he meant no rounds, like a non title fight would be 15 straight minutes no break.

    The fight would still sell like any other GSP fight I'd bet
    Post edited by Keem on
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


    - C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira


    J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim


    Megumi Fuji

    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

    Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • CaptainSupermanCaptainSuperman Posts: 10,101Free
    I think what he is getting at is that he wants to cut to 155 and get an instant title shot against Benson Henderson, and lay on him for 25 minutes. No rounds = 0 opportunities for his opponent to get up because of the end of the round.
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    Keem said:

    WarWest said:

    Keem said:

    WarWest said:

    Could you imagine what would happen to PPV sales on GSP fight cards that have no time limit?

    LoL

    In Canada the same numbers and seats he's been pulling honestly

    In North America maybe 75% of Canadian numbers
    Not even a chance

    He losing more and more fans (Canadian also) with every fight

    If it goes to no rounds, or longer than 25 minutes he will slow the pace even more

    We've all heard straight from GSP's mouth multiple times about how he conserves energy by slowing the pace to his own

    Without rounds or longer fights he would slow it even more (make it more boring)

    That equals less PPV buys, guaranteed
    You'd have to show me some market research trends/ some form of numbers on how many Canadian fans are tuning in to see GSP anymore as of late to sell that claim. Based off the numbers he pulled in his last 3 the difference would have to be so miniscule that it doesn't even matter because there's still viewers in the 2-3+ millions that are still tuning in. Canada or somewhere else.
    this is the ppv buy rate for his last 4 ppvs (note wiki is were this info comes from)

    ufc 158 1.1 million

    ufc 154 700k

    ufc 129 800k

    ufc 124 800k

    all of his last 7 ppvs have been 700k or above.
    ___________________________________________________________________________
    Owner of spartacus_ forum soul
Sign In or Register to comment.