Jon Jones Warrior Spirit

Andy_AndersonAndy_Anderson Posts: 572Free

College campuses need to start a drinking game for every time Jon Jones mentions "Warrior Spirit". It seems he can't find his way through an interview without mentioning this and seems in love with the idea that he is a "Warrior". He is the LHW champ of the world and one would think that would be enough to satisfy his ego without the constant implication that he is a "Warrior". Cornball would seem to be a closer fit imo.

Tagged:

Comments

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,760Free
    Well,

He is a warrior so............
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Andy_AndersonAndy_Anderson Posts: 572Free
    WarWest said:

Well,

Maybe it's the frequency in which he mentions it. I think "warrior" is a bit inflated for a professional athlete. I think warrior should be reserved for people who face greater adversity in life and does not necessarily have anything to do with fighting. Could be I'm just getting old & cranky.
  • MetatronBJJMetatronBJJ Posts: 1,245Free
    Isn't there a "Jon Jones did things" thread for this?
    I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want. - Smokin Joe Frazier
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    Claims he is a warrior.........kicks opponent in knee

Claims he is a warrior.........pokes opponent in eye

Claims he is a warrior.........ducks a Middleweight

Claims he is a warrior.........bangs under-age girls

Claims he is a warrior.........crashes into pole
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • CaptainSupermanCaptainSuperman Posts: 10,101Free
    What does that make the average telephone or electric pole?
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,880Free

WarWest said:

Well,

Maybe it's the frequency in which he mentions it. I think "warrior" is a bit inflated for a professional athlete. I think warrior should be reserved for people who face greater adversity in life and does not necessarily have anything to do with fighting. Could be I'm just getting old & cranky.

I can't stand the word warrior- It makes me think of some nerdy guy rolling dice in a poorly lit dining room.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free

I would do the obvious list for Matt and Nick, but it would be more work than it's worth
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    Keem said:

I would do the obvious list for Matt and Nick, but it would be more work than it's worth
    Matt who?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free
    matt brown

claims he is a warrior......... and he is.
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()