Bone structure disadvantage.

MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,385Free
I think a policy should be immediately implemented for taking in account fair and even match ups between fighters with an obvious advantage of bone structure. We can finally begin the long awaited discussion on who, exactly, is the inch for inch greatest.

For too long, fighters have been cheating the system by stepping on the scales and weighing exactly what they are supposed to. We can no longer have these uneven match-ups. Often, we have one fighter who has been training disciplines like boxing, wrestling and jiu-jitsu and weighs in at 185 pounds and stands 6 foot 2 facing another fighter who has been training in the exact same disciplines and has been coming up through pretty much the exact same promotions and weighs exactly the same but stands at 6 foot 3. This is a clear-cut advantage.

We should stand together (separated, of course, by our respective heights) and let our voices be heard!
Member of the People's Freedom Movement

Tagged:

Comments

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,235Free
    I 100% agree, this is a big issue that needs to be looked into
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,881Free
    I disagree. Just look atStruve that guy has every advantage to be great but suck. It's all down to skill
  • TheUnicornTheUnicorn Posts: 493Free
    I don't really understand here, you want them to make fights where the guys are the same height because being 1 inch taller is an advantage that makes no **** sense, it is something that makes it a fight guys need to deal with it
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Flyweight- Louis Gaudinot

Sigbet record 2-1
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
  • Doctor_ObviouslyDoctor_Obviously Posts: 18,842Free
    There's only a handful of people who Mike Goldberg can say "virtually identical". Even worse at HW.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doctor...15684498441639

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,707Free
    I couldn't agree more

People fighting in the UFC that are at a bone structure disadvantage is a serious problem that should be handled quickly in my opinion

It's something that I don't think the UFC brass are seeing
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Doctor_ObviouslyDoctor_Obviously Posts: 18,842Free
    So which fighters are complaining about this bone structure disadvantages?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doctor...15684498441639

None, that I know of aside from certain people on Fallon Fox's case, but I'm sure this has something to do with me telling a user "GSP and his camp want to bulk up like an actual middleweight if he fought Anderson", "Well GSP just needs to not cut as much water weight", Well, that doesn't even the playing field as Anderson has a naturally bigger frame/bone structure."
    Post edited by Keem on
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    edited April 2013

just keem, maybe GSP
    GSP will say it once he gets the idea from Keem

It should keep everybody off of his back for a while about the Silva fight because he will need a year to get the proper bone structure

And once he gets the proper bone structure he can never go back to his bone structure disadvantage
    Post edited by WarWest on
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,220Free
    LoL Keem will never forget he defended GSP with a bone structure excuse.

Amazin
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    There are a LOT of advantages in all sports,but imo the MOST important one is your BRAIn,your HEAD,your SMARTS.How well you can think on the fly,fighting is actually one of the slower thinking sports,however it does maintain that fast thinking non stop,where as other sports are sporadic.
    We saw ONE simple thing Silva worked on to nullify Chael's wrestling and it made Chael look like a rank amateur with the IQ of a 5th grader,well not that high :P.

He simply backed up to the cage,it seemed to totally confuse Chael and then what transpired after that was more silliness by Chael with his spinning back fail.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free
    What happens when your favorite fighters get dominated by similar bone structures? Do we examine diet plans next?

Sig Bet Record: 10-1

• MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,385Free
    For real, though; there were like 5 people posting on this thread who took this "bone structure" discussion serious! I thought I made it obvious enough. At least they argued against this alleged "bone structure disadvantage."

What's scary? I guarantee these people are registered voters.
    Member of the People's Freedom Movement

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    edited April 2013
    Megasoup said:

For real, though; there were like 5 people posting on this thread who took this "bone structure" discussion serious! I thought I made it obvious enough. At least they argued against this alleged "bone structure disadvantage."

It doesn't matter what the disscussion is..

If it's anything about GSP the same users who come to the forum to vent about him everyday just don't want to hear anything that doesn't make GSP look like the guy the haterz want him to be. It's not even a matter of who says it, or how they say it. lol
    Post edited by Keem on
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Megumi Fuji

Bump for the amount of Keem'ing lulz
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,881Free
    I'll happily troll any GSP thread
    Does anybody here feel that Belcher had a bone structure disadvantage last night?
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,023Free
    I think Jones' bones are fine. It's just that his muscles generate so much power, more than the strongest bones could handle.

Jones is super strong.
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    Megasoup said:

Dude, you kick **** every time, its awesome
    WarWest said:

Does anybody here feel that Belcher had a bone structure disadvantage last night?

Joe Rogan did say that Bisping was a BIG MW =))

fobar said:

Megasoup said:

Dude, you kick **** every time, its awesome
    WarWest said:

Joe Rogan did say that Bisping was a BIG MW =))
    LOLOLOLOL!!
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,196Free
    ...but....but then big boneded fighters like Mark Hunt and Roy Nelson could only compete against each other. =))
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free

...but....but then big boneded fighters like Mark Hunt and Roy Nelson could only compete against each other. =))

Actually a chubsters division would be awesome

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,196Free
    Bandura said:

Actually a chubsters division would be awesome
    Meh not enough fighters. HW division is already weak enough.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,573Free
    Identity said:

I disagree. Just look atStruve that guy has every advantage to be great but suck. It's all down to skill

Struve's body is not that great for fighting. He is too tall and not very athletic
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,820Free
    Megasoup said:

I think a policy should be immediately implemented for taking in account fair and even match ups between fighters with an obvious advantage of bone structure. We can finally begin the long awaited discussion on who, exactly, is the inch for inch greatest.

For too long, fighters have been cheating the system by stepping on the scales and weighing exactly what they are supposed to. We can no longer have these uneven match-ups. Often, we have one fighter who has been training disciplines like boxing, wrestling and jiu-jitsu and weighs in at 185 pounds and stands 6 foot 2 facing another fighter who has been training in the exact same disciplines and has been coming up through pretty much the exact same promotions and weighs exactly the same but stands at 6 foot 3. This is a clear-cut advantage.

We should stand together (separated, of course, by our respective heights) and let our voices be heard!

I am a fan of your fiction.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • CaptainSupermanCaptainSuperman Posts: 10,101Free
    Keem said:

None, that I know of aside from certain people on Fallon Fox's case, but I'm sure this has something to do with me telling a user "GSP and his camp want to bulk up like an actual middleweight if he fought Anderson", "Well GSP just needs to not cut as much water weight", Well, that doesn't even the playing field as Anderson has a naturally bigger frame/bone structure."
    You forgot to mention the part where I told you (cause as a GSP hater, you disagree) that GSP is a freak athlete and has put on about as muscle he could for his frame. And the part where he is optimum for 170, and as optimum he is gonna get for 185. Oh, and I can't forget the part where I gave you a link back to 2009 (FOUR YEARS), showing you GSP has had a LOOONG time to "bulk up to being a true MW..." Oh! And the part where I said this is fighting and not a math equation. And GSP's opponents are at a "bone density" disadvantage, cause GSP is to WW what Silva is to 185.

And then my favorite part....where you ducked and dodged everything I said.
  • MetatronBJJMetatronBJJ Posts: 1,243Free
    As long as boxing has been around compared to MMA, no one cared and still no one cares about reach and **** like that. Jon Jones beats up a handful of peoples heroes and now we are talking about bone structure advantages? I will say it again. Haters are pathetic....
    I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want. - Smokin Joe Frazier