Sonnen is the Rightful Champion.

Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
That fight was stopped way too early, ref could have easily let it go to the end of the round and would have won by tko via foot injury

Chael is the official 205 champ now.
Discuss.

Welchers:
Bluesy(sig)
Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.

Comments

• sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate
    Ufcguy1 said:

Bad stoppage. It's pretty crazy to think how close jones was to losing his belt lol.

Chael is supremely unlucky ...
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,619Free
    The last 2 Middleweights Jones has fought have both injured him and put him on the shelf. Imagine what a guy as big as Morecraft or Duffee could do to him.
  • JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free

That fight was stopped way too early, ref could have easily let it go to the end of the round and would have won by tko via foot injury

Chael is the official 205 champ now.
    Discuss.

lolololololol

Decent troll post

Sig Bet Record: 10-1

• rick10rick10 Posts: 185Free
    it was an early stoppage for sure. There was less then a minute less in the round and if the fight went to a second round chael would ve won since jones was injured.
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,879Free
    Would they have gone to the judges scorecard for the first if he Jones couldn't continue?
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,879Free

The last 2 Middleweights Jones has fought have both injured him and put him on the shelf. Imagine what a guy as big as Morecraft or Duffee could do to him.

I can just imagine one of Duffee's telegraph pole legs crasing into Jone's thigh.....

ooh wait.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    Tahune said:

Would they have gone to the judges scorecard for the first if he Jones couldn't continue?

Nope. Sonnen would have won by tko.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    agreed
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,738Free
    No

No he's not

No

Not at all

No

Zero

Wins

By

Chael

P

Sonnen
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free
    It's illegal to yank on a single toe in an attempt to escape so afraid Sonnen is screwed either way.

Sig Bet Record: 10-1

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,619Free
    JimmyYO said:

It's illegal to yank on a single toe in an attempt to escape so afraid Sonnen is screwed either way.

Chael plays by the rules, so this was not the case.
  • FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,044Free
    lol at anyone saying Chael is unlucky.

Chael getting owned and coming close to winning because his opponent hurt himself is Chael being unlucky? Guys.. come on.

If Chael got the W because his opponent broke his foot after he got owned the whole round, THAT would've been utter dumb luck.

Chael is in fact that luckiest fighter alive. He went from being a total no-name to fighting Anderson Silva out of just running his mouth. When he had his shot, he had the chance to fight an injured Silva while being jacked up on steroids (that's a chance no1 else's had) and capitalized enough on it to put his name on the board and get himself a 2nd shot.

To get his 2nd shot he did what.. Beat Stann, which was completely unproven.. and then fought Bisping, who he defeated via superclose decision (notice how he didn't have to go through any former or current title contender to get another shot) and then lost AGAIN.. and THEN he had the chance to be fast tracked directly to another titleshot without even fighting in the division.

Sonnen losing isn't bad luck here. His only chance was a freak accident.. That was his 1% chance.. And that actually happened... and even with that, he still lost... that tells you how ridiculously lucky he would've actually been if he won this fight.
  • Brent555Brent555 Posts: 3,099Free
    edited April 2013
    I think they said in the post-fight press conference that he hurt it while celebrating, lol.

EDIT: I lied.
    Post edited by Brent555 on
    boxing@boxing.nv.gov <boxing@boxing.nv.gov>

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,249Free

lol at anyone saying Chael is unlucky.

Chael getting owned and coming close to winning because his opponent hurt himself is Chael being unlucky? Guys.. come on.

If Chael got the W because his opponent broke his foot after he got owned the whole round, THAT would've been utter dumb luck.

Chael is in fact that luckiest fighter alive. He went from being a total no-name to fighting Anderson Silva out of just running his mouth. When he had his shot, he had the chance to fight an injured Silva while being jacked up on steroids (that's a chance no1 else's had) and capitalized enough on it to put his name on the board and get himself a 2nd shot.

To get his 2nd shot he did what.. Beat Stann, which was completely unproven.. and then fought Bisping, who he defeated via superclose decision (notice how he didn't have to go through any former or current title contender to get another shot) and then lost AGAIN.. and THEN he had the chance to be fast tracked directly to another titleshot without even fighting in the division.

Sonnen losing isn't bad luck here. His only chance was a freak accident.. That was his 1% chance.. And that actually happened... and even with that, he still lost... that tells you how ridiculously lucky he would've actually been if he won this fight.

I'll agree he got this shot by running his mouth but the fights against Silva he earned. He was the rightful contender and the timing was right both times with people being injured or knocked down a notch after losing a fight.
  • DoobsterDoobster Posts: 2,096Free
    Chael holds both the middleweight and light heavy weight titles.

he's LION. fack GOAT. LION eats GOAT
    "It's either blue cheese with wings or go **** your mother." -- MadFlavor
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Since Chael did nothing more than what any 135 lb'r could have done,i say he hinted at the correct answer,he might retire.
    I was wondering that very question yesterday,what happens after he loses,he won't get anymore title shots and he is really not that good.So if he has to go back and fight other guys,he will just be an ordinary cheat.Pretty sad he put on 20 lbs of muscle that fast,we all knwo how that was done,i guess this time he got a doctor's note to make it all ok.,
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,959Free
    It would of probably gone to a "Technical decision" and Jones would of won, same as the Bisping vs Belcher fight
  • MetatronBJJMetatronBJJ Posts: 1,245Free
    Ufcguy1 said:

Bad stoppage. It's pretty crazy to think how close jones was to losing his belt lol.

Yeah it is. I really feel bad for Sonnen too. I think this is it for him as far as title shots. I really wanted him to be the champ at one point in his career for his father, even if he lost it right after.
    I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want. - Smokin Joe Frazier
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,959Free
    Sonnen broke Jones toe via Submission. Bad reffing
  • TheUnicornTheUnicorn Posts: 493Free
    Tahune said:

no they would have called it a TKO (toe Injury) at least that is what sherdog would say
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Flyweight- Louis Gaudinot

Sigbet record 2-1
    Brent555 said:

I think they said in the post-fight press conference that he hurt it while celebrating, lol.

No. Chael did more damage to jon than any of his previous opponents had done before by a longshot.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free

Brent555 said:

No. Chael did more damage to jon than any of his previous opponents had done before by a longshot.
    +1

Sonnen should of won via TKO
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Doctor_ObviouslyDoctor_Obviously Posts: 18,842Free
    Whining fans complain about the stoppage, yet Chael, just like his 2nd fight with Anderson, had no complaints about the stoppage. lol

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doctor...15684498441639

Whining fans complain about the stoppage, yet Chael, just like his 2nd fight with Anderson, had no complaints about the stoppage. lol

he said he would of like more time @ the press conference

Brent555 said:

+1

Sonnen should of won via TKO
    This. Everyone knows chael is the real champion.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.

he said he would of like more time @ the press conference
    He's so contradicting. which is what makes him so much of a tool. If he was real in what he says with his trash talking, I'd have more respect.

Sigbet record: 50 - 4

cruz2990 said:

Hopefully this will be the last time we see fail in the octagon.....

I would not be the least bit surprised if he showed up on Monday Night Raw tomorrow.

It was a premature stoppage, but we had a ton of referee screw-ups last night. You need to give fighters time to recover and/or fight back (only calling a TKO when they absolutely cannot), especially in a championship fight. Oh well.