This is why you don't let fighters talk their way into a title fights.......so sad

JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free
Sonnen had 0 chance that entire fight as everyone expected and yet they somehow let this fight happen. It's too bad it wasn't more competitive because this crap completely illegitimizes the UFC as a real sport.

Now lets watch as Hendricks gets denied a title shot because someone else is a "bigger draw."

Sig Bet Record: 10-1

Tagged:

Comments

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,628Free
    Money talks, Dana didn't think for a second this fight would be competitive. He did however know that people will pay to see Chael.
  • sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate
    In Chael's defense he went in there and brought the fight to him like he said he would
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds
  • JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free
    He brought nothing but talk, charging forward throwing half inch punches is not bringing the fight to someone. Even statistically the matchup is a disaster. A guy coming off a dominant loss and ranked 8-9th in MW gets a free title shot in LHW???? Silly UFC reaching too far for $$ now at the expense of $$ later.

JimmyYO said:

He brought nothing but talk, charging forward throwing half inch punches is not bringing the fight to someone. Even statistically the matchup is a disaster. A guy coming off a dominant loss and ranked 8-9th in MW gets a free title shot in LHW???? Silly UFC reaching too far for $$ now at the expense of $$ later.

That's why Jon's toe was almost torn off right? Apparently you can just talk to someone's toe and it falls off.
    Yeah I'm sure that was all Chael bro. Must be nice not having to think about anything outside the fanboi tunnel vision.

JimmyYO said:

Yeah I'm sure that was all Chael bro. Must be nice not having to think about anything outside the fanboi tunnel vision.

Who was it than? I didn't see Jon trying to snap his own toe off, gotta be realistic here
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    Are you kidding?

Sonnen gave him a harder fight than anyone else has
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free

Are you kidding?

Shogod gave Jones a much better challenge

Are you kidding?

lol no
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardly but that fight was a complete joke. Jones was toying with him and still won in the 1st

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free

Are you kidding?

1 Evans
    2 Vitor
    3 Machida
    4 Gusmao
    5 Bonnar

.. 13 Sonnen
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
    Keem said:

Are you kidding?

1 Evans
    2 Vitor
    3 Machida
    4 Gusmao
    5 Bonnar

.. 13 Sonnen
    Pretty much

Keem said:

Are you kidding?

1 Evans
    2 Vitor
    3 Machida
    4 Gusmao
    5 Bonnar

.. 13 Sonnen
    your delusional

I agree with Rashad and Vitor being above Sonnen

Gusmao/Bonnar, that wasn't champion jones ok

Keem said:

Are you kidding?

1 Evans
    2 Vitor
    3 Machida
    4 Gusmao
    5 Bonnar

.. 13 Sonnen
    your delusional

I agree with Rashad and Vitor being above Sonnen

Gusmao/Bonnar, that wasn't champion jones ok
    They still gave Jones more of a challenge

I didn't read "Title fight only", but I wouldn't of cared anyway
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Sonnen giving Jones his best fight yet is the delusion. Deal with it like a man, Chael got destroyed at what he does best.

• FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,045Free
    JimmyYO said:

Sonnen had 0 chance that entire fight as everyone expected and yet they somehow let this fight happen. It's too bad it wasn't more competitive because this crap completely illegitimizes the UFC as a real sport.

Now lets watch as Hendricks gets denied a title shot because someone else is a "bigger draw."

I have to agree on this..

The UFC has seriously gone full retard with its match making.

I feel ashamed to be a MMA fan when I see performances like tonight...

The UFC made it clear tonight that it has no credibility left as a professionnal sports organization.
    JimmyYO said:

Sonnen giving Jones his best fight yet is the delusion. Deal with it like a man, Chael got destroyed at what he does best.

Not to open up a can of worms, but I don't think any more fighters should get "Gifted" title shots

Edgar is an exception in my book because he had close fights while defending his belt and was the most competitive w/ Aldo.

No more of these hype fights. Best vs. Best. Hot streaks = title shots.

Megumi Fuji

Yeah it's getting old and only becoming more visible with fights like these.

• ColdWorkKenColdWorkKen Posts: 1,566Free
    I just hope PPV sales are low so Dana learns his lesson.
  • Madvillain8Madvillain8 Posts: 887Free

JimmyYO said:

The UFC made it clear tonight that it has no credibility left as a professionnal sports organization.
    They keep forcing us these "superfights" without letting them happen naturally.

JimmyYO said:

like Jones vs Sonnen was a superfight...

Dominant champ against... oh yeah.. a guy who came from a loss in a lighter weight class...

I'm seriously **** insulted that this fight even took place. But at least if Sonnen had put on a show, we could've been saying that he had something to be there.. nope.. instead he got completely owned...

So what's next? If Nick Diaz calls him out is he gonna get the next shot?

Since the UFC is now closer to "Bully Beatdown" than to an actual sports why not let that happen.. Who wouldn't like to see Diaz get smashed by Jones?

No I got a better idea. Sky's the limit. lets make it 2 vs 1. The 2 Diaz brothers vs Jones. THAT would sell.

JimmyYO said:

Dominant champ against... oh yeah.. a guy who came from a loss in a lighter weight class...

I'm seriously **** insulted that this fight even took place. But at least if Sonnen had put on a show, we could've been saying that he had something to be there.. nope.. instead he got completely owned...

Since the UFC is now closer to "Bully Beatdown" than to an actual sports why not let that happen.. Who wouldn't like to see Diaz get smashed by Jones?

No I got a better idea. Sky's the limit. lets make it 2 vs 1. The 2 Diaz brothers vs Jones. THAT would sell.
    I'm not talking about UFC 159. Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar was a forced superfight GSP vs. Nick Diaz was a forced superfight

JimmyYO said:

I'm not talking about UFC 159. Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar was a forced superfight GSP vs. Nick Diaz was a forced superfight
    GSP vs Nick was NOT a superfight, more like superhype.

Edgar was a FW sized fighter defending a belt at LW (losing 2 close decision to the current champ). Him and the best FW champ so far is an absolute super fight

Megumi Fuji

edited April 2013
    Keem said:

JimmyYO said:

Edgar was a FW sized fighter defending a belt at LW (losing 2 close decision to the current champ). Him and the best FW champ so far is an absolute super fight
    Super fight or super hype or whatever the ****, they are being force fed too us fansof the sport.
    Post edited by Madvillain8 on

Keem said:

JimmyYO said:

Super fight or super hype or whatever the ****, they are being force fed too us fansof the sport.
    I'll accept that. I personally embraced Edgar vs. Aldo

Jones vs. Sonnen and GSP vs. Nick make me upset when there are guys like Gustafsson and Hendricks

The kicker for me is those fights where not all that.. No replay value like when actual contenders are fighting (Condit for an example)

Megumi Fuji

JimmyYO said:

Ah ok. True.
  • ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
    Keem said:

Keem said:

JimmyYO said:

Jones vs. Sonnen and GSP vs. Nick make me upset when there are guys like Gustafsson and Hendricks

The kicker for me is those fights where not all that.. No replay value like when actual contenders are fighting (Condit for an example)
    Lol what a nut hugger
    What am I talking about? They aren't "forcing us superfights" they are creating awesome fights people want to see! Thank you UFC and Zuffa woooo!

Keem said:

Keem said:

JimmyYO said:

Lol what a nut hugger
    Tellin' it like it is

Honest to god

Megumi Fuji

Edgar v Aldo was an interesting matchup at the time compared to most of Aldo's opponents, unfortunately that's not saying very much.