Are you kidding me Chael was fine, Ref just ruined ufc history

2006Man2006Man Posts: 235Free
edited April 2013 in UFC
chael was beating up jon, jon did nothing but wrestle, jon pushed down with his forearms onto chael's forearms, jon did nothing but layn prey, very early stoppage, chael would of won the fight since jons toe was broke and couldnt stand with sonnen before the broken toe, c'mon now, do not allow amatuer refs in title fights

jon acted like he did something, pathetic reffing, and everyone goin say jon was dominate because the ref stopped it just pathetic reffing
Post edited by 2006Man on
Tagged:

Comments

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,628Free
    I don't think anyone's going to disagree with you, it was just a night full on unfortunate events.
  • 2006Man2006Man Posts: 235Free
    maybe jon will split his win bonus with the ref
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    sonnen was fine. he was just trying to do his best nick diaz impersonation

seriously though, it was a fair stoppage. sonnen wasnt going to get back up from that. though i wanted him to
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car

sonnen was fine. he was just trying to do his best nick diaz impersonation

seriously though, it was a fair stoppage. sonnen wasnt going to get back up from that. though i wanted him to

im confident he would of gotten back up as the round was ending, did you see how easy sonnen got up when jon took him down prior
  • CiGaNo#87CiGaNo#87 Posts: 127Free
    How boring are jones fights.
    HW: JDS, Pat Barry
    LHW: The Mauler, Glover Teixeira
    MW: Vitor Belfort, Chael Sonnen
    WW: Rory Mcdonald, Gunnar Nelson
    LW: Cowboy Cerrone, The Eagle Nurgagomedov
    FW: Cub Swanson, Korean Zombie
    BW: Michael Macdonald, Renan Barao
    FLW: Ian Mccall
    WBW: Ronda Rousey('cause she's really hot)

Kyokushinkai old school.
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited April 2013
    chael was rocked in the crouching tiger hidden sonnen position then he went face down **** up. youre not going to get back up with a guy like jones dropping elbows on top of you as you assume the fetal position.

tough love. though i wanted sonnen to win. ive seen alot of early stoppages before but i agree with this one. he wasnt getting back up.
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car

chael was rocked in the crouching tiger hidden sonnen position then he went face down **** up. youre not going to get back up with a guy like jones dropping elbows on top of you as you assume the fetal position.

tough love. though i wanted sonnen to win. ive seen alot of early stoppages before but i agree with this one. he wasnt getting back up.

there was only 27 seconds left in the round. if you notice sonnen sprung and stood up immedietly when the fight was stopped and stood to the ref and was like what the hell are you doing why did u stop the fight
    edited April 2013
    jduk said:

Chael lost. Deal with it

roesenthal was probably suppose to ref that fight because why would they have some amatuer unknown ref in a title fight, im guessing rosenthal weed business arrest thing caused that ref to step in and tale rosenthals spot
    Post edited by 2006Man on
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,285Free
    yeah, he's not an amateur ref. Try harder
  • megamanmegaman Posts: 5,281Free
    edited April 2013
    2006Man said:

there was only 27 seconds left in the round. if you notice sonnen sprung and stood up immedietly when the fight was stopped and stood to the ref and was like what the hell are you doing why did u stop the fight
    I'm a huge JBJ fan, but I got to say all those shots he gave to Sonnen weren't landing clean and Sonnen was still clearly covering up, so bad call by the ref to stop it at that point...

However, I wasn't seeing Chael getting up any time soon so the fight was going to end anyway, the ref should've just kept it going for just a few more moments.
    Post edited by megaman on

Chael was in this purely for the money, fair play to him
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,628Free

lol. If Chael didn't want the fight stopped he shouldn't have laid there in the fetal position allowing Jones to bludgeon him. If all he had was 27 seonds he could have tried to move and show the ref he wanted to continue, instead he allowed the fight to be stopped and then sprung up to save face.

It's called defending yourself. He was able to block every shot Jones threw from that position. Just a case of bad refereeing on a night full of mistakes, Jones got very lucky
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,059Free
    jduk said:

And Cecil Peoples is not an amateur judge. Try harder.

The fact that Sonnen sprung right back up without being hurt proves that the stoppage was premature. The ref made that stupid decision on the basis that Sonnen was bleeding. How stupid is that?
    najma said:

jduk said:

The fact that Sonnen sprung right back up without being hurt proves that the stoppage was premature. The ref made that stupid decision on the basis that Sonnen was bleeding. How stupid is that?
    what's Cecil People's got to do with this?

He stopped it because Chael wasn't defending himself. Sonnen himself says the stoppage was fair. There is no argument here
    edited April 2013
    jduk said:

najma said:

jduk said:

what's Cecil People's got to do with this?
    Dude, are you drunk? Read what you said.
    What does the ref being a professional ref have to do whether he made the right or wrong call?
    jduk said:

yeah, he's not an
    He stopped it because Chael wasn't defending himself. Sonnen himself says the stoppage was fair. There is no argument here

Chael WAS defending himself. This is why he was able to jump back up after the stoppage - he was fine.

Sonnen says it was fair? So what! When Silva was grabbing him by the shorts to punch him, Chael also said it was fair. But was it? Hell, no!
    That's just Chael being himself - honorable in defeat and not making excuses. He accepts the ref's decision even if it is plain wrong, that's the kinda person he is.

Post edited by najma on
    Cecil Peoples was not the ref. He is not relevant to this stoppage. The ref that you're describing as amateur has reffed in the UFC before, and has 7 MMA fights to his name.

Adopting the foetal position is defending yourself, but not intelligently, as is stated in the rules. If he had moved, you'd be right
    OMG, how old are you kid? 12? Your reading comprehension is appalling.
    what part of your majesty am I not comprehending?
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free

lol. If Chael didn't want the fight stopped he shouldn't have laid there in the fetal position allowing Jones to bludgeon him. If all he had was 27 seonds he could have tried to move and show the ref he wanted to continue, instead he allowed the fight to be stopped and then sprung up to save face.

Simply this, Sonnen KNEW he was doomed and tried to save a little face. But he did say he had no problem with the stoppage, why? Because he knew he was done.

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    edited April 2013
    Well it was the worst night we have ever seen from a refs stand point.Actually the entire night was marred in controversy.How on earth did a judge figure Vinny got a round,that was bs,two refs got it right 30-27.
    It seemed like every single fight had eye pokes with not one foul called,stoppages that were uncalled for or just messed up or weird.
    I think Jones was about to lock it up anyhow,but yes it was an early stoppage.Lay nPray LMAO ,he was dominated and hitting Chael who really was not defending all that well.I also saw blood,did Chael cut himself shaving or something ..lol.

That fight was just stupid anyhow,no way did Chael deserve that fight and i call total 100% BS on Dana saying he asked everyone.
    Chael's little talk about THOSE two calling each other out was just his sad way of showing his frustration.This sport to become legit needs to be about the bnest fighters fighting in their divisions,not jumping all over just because you "call some guy out",why bother to have divisions then?
    This is becoming a cheesy gimmick to make UFC fights more relevant,lets just call all our fights SUPER fights.So now we got sexy women and super fights,everyone come watch our PPV's.Geesh and if it wasn't for all the weight cutting,these fighters would all be fighting two divisions higher and all a sudden not look so impressive for their size.
    Post edited by zaksame on
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • MetatronBJJMetatronBJJ Posts: 1,245Free
    The fight was stopped early, but I'm sure it was going to be stopped anyway 10 seconds later.
    I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want. - Smokin Joe Frazier
    jduk said:

Chael lost. Deal with it

people are disagreeing with this comment, but its fact. Don't be butthurt
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,976Free
    Yeah Jones has now beat 2 middleweight's and fought smaller guy's all his career. I won't have any respect for Jones untill he fight's and beat's someone of equal size
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    Agree. 4 elbows does not warrant a stoppage. Terrible **** event.
    Believe in Beard
    edited April 2013
    Adopting the crouching chael hidden sonnen fetal position in hopes of riding out the last 25 seconds of a fight is not intelligently defending yourself
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
  • -HiLiteOfTheNite--HiLiteOfTheNite- Posts: 621Free

It's called defending yourself. He was able to block every shot Jones threw from that position. Just a case of bad refereeing on a night full of mistakes, Jones got very lucky

I'd say Jones was unlucky, being that the only damage he took was via an accidental broken toe, which he did himself. What did you see that would lead you to believe that this fight would have gone any differently if Jones had not broken his toe? Besides, Jon had about 30 more seconds of GnP left to do. That fight was getting stopped one way or another.

Everyone knows Chael does garbage like that every time he loses anyway. He gives up, then complains that it was the refs fault to save face. Dont get me wrong, I like Chael, but this as much is clear...and Jon's attack warranted a stoppage, regardless of how bad the refs were on this night.
  • jayzeejayzee Posts: 2,019Free
    It was a just stoppage. Chael should not have been fighting Jones either way.