I like Jon Jones.

TheHarbingerTheHarbinger Posts: 6,779Free
I think he is an incredibly impressive fighter as well as an impressive young man.

He has accomplished an extraordinary amount in his short time in this life, and I think he's handling his success and his fame incredibly well.

I feel like most of his haters are probably just jealous.

Flame the **** on!
Tagged:

Comments

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,651Free
    edited April 2013
    Gawd I hate when people say "Haters are just jealous" because it's never the case (Also because it makes me think of the people who use the word "swag" and a dozen hashtags after everything they type) and if it was wouldn't I hate all successful people not just this 1 particular guy?

I'm actually liking Jon a lot more since the TUF season. He's stopped trying so hard to be Mr. Perfect but the reason I didn't like him was not because he was successful but because he was obviously putting on an act in front of the cameras and it came off so bad.

Edit: Also, when he stops fighting Middleweights and takes on a few Heavyweights he will get a lot more respect
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • WalkLikeAWarrior707WalkLikeAWarrior707 Posts: 6,005Free
    I feel the same way.

People love to hate on him sometimes but he is an amazing fighter and a great guy. I don't see anyone beating him anytime soon.

He's made some mistakes in the past and he'll be the first to tell you he's not perfect but I think he has done very well for someone in his shoes.
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,387Free
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • TheHarbingerTheHarbinger Posts: 6,779Free
    Carn, your "off topic" made me lol hard, kudos.
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,372Free
    do you drive home drunk and hit on underage girls also?

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• Hayden512Hayden512 Posts: 2,581Elite
    edited April 2013
    Oh my god... I think I like Jon Jones too... :-O
    Post edited by Hayden512 on
    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• ColdWorkKenColdWorkKen Posts: 1,566Free
    Cant get over the interview when he said he used to snitch on the guys who smoked weed on some hall monitor ****... I will never be a fan of him. But I do think the either your a fanboy or hater towards any fighter thing is ridiculous.. I respect JBJ's skills as a fighter but the **** is strong with him IMO.
  • NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free
    dude is tops at lhw, but i dont care too much for him. but i do like rashad (but that lil nog fight was unwatchable) so i guess thats not saying much, so meh
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

• classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,847Free

I think he is an incredibly impressive fighter as well as an impressive young man.

He has accomplished an extraordinary amount in his short time in this life, and I think he's handling his success and his fame incredibly well.

I feel like most of his haters are probably just jealous.

Flame the **** on!

I try not to get involved in the personal stuff when it comes to fighters. He's a great fighter who always brings it when he fights. However, he has **** up a few times in his personal life, whether you like him or not.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • Bubba_PilksBubba_Pilks Posts: 8,410Free

Cant get over the interview when he said he used to snitch on the guys who smoked weed on some hall monitor ****... I will never be a fan of him. But I do think the either your a fanboy or hater towards any fighter thing is ridiculous.. I respect JBJ's skills as a fighter but the **** is strong with him IMO.

I've watched the gif in your sig like 30 times now, f**king awesome
    Proud to be the Co-Founder of the GSP MAFIA !!!

Rory MacDonald: "I'm just in there to collect bodies!"

ARES, CIGANO, BONES, BARÅO
    SENATORS, PACKERS, BULLS, RED SOX

JBJF is a good poster

• WalkLikeAWarrior707WalkLikeAWarrior707 Posts: 6,005Free

Good to see you back on the forums @ColdWorkKen! Nice gif btw.

I remember hearing that also but he did say he was a kid at the time and was raised into a very religious household. I am a daily weed smoker and that doesn't bother me. I have done a lot of stuff as a kid that I would never do again. I really don't think he would do that nowadays. He can get emotional and do stupid things at times but who doesn't.

Aside from a few incidents I think he has been a pretty respectable and genuine person.

Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
  • iNOOBiNOOB Posts: 4,187Free

I think he's handling his success and his fame incredibly well.

Yeah, he has handled his success and fame very well. Especially when he got blitzed out drunk and wrapped his Bentley around a telephone pole with multi women (not his wife) riding along with him.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig Bet Record: 8-4
    2011 UFC Predictions 190-110
    2012 UFC Predictions 45-17
    2013 UFC Predictions 243-130
    2014 UFC Predictions 65-41

Events Attended: UFC 119 ~ Versus 5 ~ FOX 2 ~ FOX 6 ~ UFN 27 ~ FOX 10

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    hes a very talented fighter, maybe the GOAT. if he beats silva he will be.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,464Free
    I like Jon Jones too. Been a fan of his since I saw him fight Bonnar.

Jones will go down as the greatest LHW ever.
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate
    _TUF1_ said:

He's curse proof

Almost. He was somehow able to channel the sobercuban-curse into a toe injury in a fight he still won. If I had hyped him and not just said he'd win his whole leg might have come off
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,073Free
    NyteRyder said:

Lmao no. Rampage has that on lock.
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,043Free
    I am a Jones fan but he does bring a lot of this hate upon himself. Jealousy is rarely the cause for hate but is usually used as an excuse for fans to not listen to the criticism given to their favorite fighter. I have been hearing this from GSP fans for years.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• MetatronBJJMetatronBJJ Posts: 1,245Free
    He handled his success better than I would have at that age. I can only imagine the **** I would have gotten in to. He handled his mid twenties better than me and I didn't even have the money or fame.
    I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want. - Smokin Joe Frazier
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 7,019Free
    Great fighter but his personality suck's ****
  • jayzeejayzee Posts: 2,027Free
    He is not perfect, but I like him.

edited April 2013

NyteRyder said:

Lmao no. Rampage has that on lock.

imagerecent photo:  4490469ab230c7096c3ad1b2a0474797.gif">
    Post edited by NyteRyder on
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread

He handled his success better than I would have at that age. I can only imagine the **** I would have gotten in to. He handled his mid twenties better than me and I didn't even have the money or fame.

Yeah but I would imagine that most people are better than you
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah but I would imagine that most people are better than you
    You're probably right.
    I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want. - Smokin Joe Frazier
    Hey, well at least you get paid to post.....or maybe you are unemployed lol

Hey, well at least you get paid to post.....or maybe you are unemployed lol

Hit the nail on the head again. Good job.
    Jones will surpass Bumpage too as LHW Goat (Unless he already has)

Blee Dat
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • Doctor_ObviouslyDoctor_Obviously Posts: 18,842Free

Gawd I hate when people say "Haters are just jealous" because it's never the case (Also because it makes me think of the people who use the word "swag" and a dozen hashtags after everything they type) and if it was wouldn't I hate all successful people not just this 1 particular guy?

I'm actually liking Jon a lot more since the TUF season. He's stopped trying so hard to be Mr. Perfect but the reason I didn't like him was not because he was successful but because he was obviously putting on an act in front of the cameras and it came off so bad.

Edit: Also, when he stops fighting Middleweights and takes on a few Heavyweights he will get a lot more respect

"Because he was obviously putting on an act in front of the cameras"....? You do know who Chael Sonnen is, right? lol

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doctor...15684498441639

^ Hates a fighter because of snitching in middle school ........

You can build a thousand ships but if you suck one **** you aint a shipbuilder you're a ****... IMO same goes for snitching... But 4real it aint just that something about him I just dont like.. As a fighter I think he is pretty dope though..

Post edited by ColdWorkKen on