Frank Shamrock: 7-1 Win percentage: 88%

Domnick Cruz: 7-1 Win percentage 88%

Pat Miletich: 6-1 Win percentage: 86%

GSP: 12-2 Win percentage: 86%

Gilbert Melendez: 10-2 Win Percentage: 83%

Wanderlei Silva: 7-2 Win percentage:78%

Matt Hughes: 9-3 Win percentage: 75%

Urijah Faber:11-6 Win percentage: 65%

Stats are based solely on their performance at becoming or staying champion. This includes the finals of tournaments in which they could earn the distinction as being the champion of that specific tournament. All MMA organizations were included.
Post edited by waikru on
On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

Tagged:

Comments

• IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,842Free
    inb4peoplegettingbutthurtthatfedorisonthatlist
  • tysonGOATtysonGOAT Posts: 43Free
    edited April 2013
    why would they get butt hurt at the mma goat being included?
    Post edited by tysonGOAT on
    tysonGOAT said:

why would they get butt hurt at the mma goat being included?

Anderson's fine, i meant Fedor
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,485Free
    Are we talking just title fights?....there are other ways to judge greatness I think

Big Nog should be though of as one of the best Champs just cuz is held a UFC and Pride title

Hendo for being a multi divison Champ at the same time in a major promo
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free

can someone explain me why Fedor's loss against Werdum wasn't for the title?

It wasn't for a title. This is based solely on their performance at becoming or staying champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• SolidStateLogicSolidStateLogic Posts: 4,181Free
    BruteDion said:

Are we talking just title fights?....there are other ways to judge greatness I think

Big Nog should be though of as one of the best Champs just cuz is held a UFC and Pride title

Staying Champion is harder.
    Overeem - Hari - Spong - Daley - Hardy - Manhoef - A. Silva - Rutten - Diaz Bros
    edited April 2013
    BruteDion said:

Sorry about that. I added a little more information to make it less confusing. Hendo didn't make the cut because his win loss percentage was not quite high enough. If I added an 11th he would be included. Big Nog was 5-3, so he didn't make the cut.
    Post edited by waikru on

"Believe in the beard"

edited April 2013

waikru said:

It wasn't for a title. This is based solely on their performance at becoming or staying champion.
    lmao read my question and then your answer again
    Oh, I think I see what you are getting at. You are suggesting that the fight should have been for the SF HW title. Overeem was champion at the time.
    Post edited by waikru on

"Believe in the beard"

edited April 2013
    An interesting thing to note is that some of these guys spent most of their careers in title fights:

GSP: 54%

Urijah Faber: 50%

Gilbert Melendez: 50%

Anderson Silva: 43%

Dominick Cruz: 40%
    Post edited by waikru on

"Believe in the beard"

• ParaffinAlienParaffinAlien Posts: 382Free
    Statistics can be used to prove that even the most ridiculous things are true if the enough criterea is added.

For example, going by title defenses alone Tito Ortiz is the greatest UFC LHW champ of all time and has now been equalled by Jones. This point came up in the post 159 press conference with both Jones and Dana agreeing that one more successful title defense would make Jones the greatest UFC LHW champion of all time. Well, its not true in my opinion because of the caliber of opponents Jones has faced. I can start adding my own criterea though such as the win/loss record of all the opponents faced by the champion etc.

Maybe I live in the dark ages but I still think of Chuck as the greatest LHW champ of all time and if I desire I can come up with statistical criterea to prove that I'm right.

Half of what's so interesting about these forums is that subjects like greatest p4p or whatever can only ever be based on opinion exactly because statistics are meaningless.
    ' I started, I used to go off just instincts. Then they took head butts away, so I had to learn some skills.' Mark Coleman

'In three seconds were gonna go, you touch my eye and I'll break your fkin neck.' Bas Rutten.

'But it ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.' Rocky Balboa.
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,817Free
    It's no contest that Anderson is the greatest, and nobody else is close, not even Fedor.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free

Statistics can be used to prove that even the most ridiculous things are true if the enough criterea is added.

For example, going by title defenses alone Tito Ortiz is the greatest UFC LHW champ of all time and has now been equalled by Jones. This point came up in the post 159 press conference with both Jones and Dana agreeing that one more successful title defense would make Jones the greatest UFC LHW champion of all time. Well, its not true in my opinion because of the caliber of opponents Jones has faced. I can start adding my own criterea though such as the win/loss record of all the opponents faced by the champion etc.

Maybe I live in the dark ages but I still think of Chuck as the greatest LHW champ of all time and if I desire I can come up with statistical criterea to prove that I'm right.

Half of what's so interesting about these forums is that subjects like greatest p4p or whatever can only ever be based on opinion exactly because statistics are meaningless.

Sorry mate but Jones has beaten the better fighters, Shogun, Rampage, Evans, Machida, Belfort there all former ufc champions and he finished all but one of them.

Sorry mate but Jones has beaten the better fighters, Shogun, Rampage, Evans, Machida, Belfort there all former ufc champions and he finished all but one of them.
    Don't be sorry man, you strengthened the main point I was trying to make about criterea (in this case quite meaningfully defeating former champions) being used to statistically strengthen an argument that, in actual fact can never be more than an opinion......

anyway, I'm heading a little off topic so ill stfu
    ' I started, I used to go off just instincts. Then they took head butts away, so I had to learn some skills.' Mark Coleman

'In three seconds were gonna go, you touch my eye and I'll break your fkin neck.' Bas Rutten.

'But it ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.' Rocky Balboa.
  • JonBonesJonesFanJonBonesJonesFan Posts: 13,357Free
    Hermes Franca 3-1
    The GOAT Rain_Wizard slapped the taste out of my mouth.

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds

waikru said:

waikru said:

lmao read my question and then your answer again
    Oh, I think I see what you are getting at. You are suggesting that the fight should have been for the SF HW title. Overeem was champion at the time.
    they stopped considering WAMMA championship?
    Yeah, the WAMMA organization went belly up and I guess the didn't feel that the WAMMA championship should grant him an immediate title shot.

"Believe in the beard"

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,782Free
    waikru said:

Title Fight record:

Anderson Silva: 16-0 Win percentage: 100%

Fedor Emelianeko: 9-0 Win percentage: 100%

Jon Jones: 7-0 Win percentage: 100%

Jose Aldo: 7-0 Win percentage: 100%

Stats are based solely on their performance at becoming or staying champion. This includes the finals of tournaments in which they could earn the distinction as being the champion of that specific tournament. All MMA organizations were included.

what about ben askren>? you got fedor on there why not others from other organizations?
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    WAR GSP!!!
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    Edgar: 3-3-1 42%
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,567Free

or.... 5-1-1 71% 2x LW champ 1x FW champ 2x Beatdown of Lazy J Penn
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,817Free

or.... 5-1-1 71% 2x LW champ 1x FW champ 2x Beatdown of Lazy J Penn
    You can debate Bendo-Edgar, but Aldo-Edgar wasn't even close, so not FW champ.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
    edited April 2013
    **** kitten mitten's Frankie Edgar

should be
    Edgar: 2-4-1 28.57%

he lost BJ penn 1
    Post edited by JonBonesJonesFan on

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds
    PunchBag said:

waikru said:

Title Fight record:

Anderson Silva: 16-0 Win percentage: 100%

Fedor Emelianeko: 9-0 Win percentage: 100%

Jon Jones: 7-0 Win percentage: 100%

Jose Aldo: 7-0 Win percentage: 100%

what about ben askren>? you got fedor on there why not others from other organizations?
    Askren is only 4-0. He doesn't have enough title fights to compare him to the other guys on the list.

"Believe in the beard"

should be

he lost BJ penn 1

you can even argue

Edgar: 2-5

• JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free

should be

he lost BJ penn 1

you can even argue

Edgar: 2-5
    yup. its less delusional to think Edgar lost BJ 1 and Maynard 2 than it is to think he won Bendo 1 or Aldo
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,782Free
    edited April 2013
    what about melendez? 10-2 championship fights
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

anyways... like I said before...

Hermes Franca.

PunchBag said:

what about melendez? 10-2 championship fights

He's on there.

"Believe in the beard"

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,136Free

Hermes Franca.

LoL Franca is in prison for rape.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

Hermes Franca.

LoL Franca is in prison for rape.
    Serious?