Edgar already talking about ANOTHER title shot.

JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
edited April 2013 in UFC
STFU and GTFO Frankie.

People **** about Benson but they forget Frankie is 10x worse about being in close fights.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/04/frankie-edgar-discusses-marketability-thinks-ufc-162-win-could-net-title-shot
Post edited by JDS_over_REEM on
This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
Tagged:

Comments

• JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    All the current champs are more marketable than Frankie
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    I can't say I hate Frankie Edgar, I don't know him but he needs to STFU and GTFO.
    This^

• jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    I like Edgar, his fights are always exciting, but I just don't think his head is in the right place. You could argue that he won fights against Bendo, but the bottom line is that he did not get those decisions. He wants to be working on finishing fights, and realise that oliveira is no joke
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,824Free
    would like edgar back at 155, and match him up with melendez
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,617Free
    edited April 2013
    Frankie is the current LW and FW champ, I think it's only fair that he goes down and beats up Barao or Cruz as well. Then he can change his focus to GSP and Weidman. Get behind him or get ran over. Choo Choo
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    Needs to string a few wins together, tbh i would like to see him at 135 if he could make that weight, He still looks small for 145.
    jduk said:

I like Edgar, his fights are always exciting, but I just don't think his head is in the right place. You could argue that he won fights against Bendo, but the bottom line is that he did not get those decisions. He wants to be working on finishing fights, and realise that oliveira is no joke

**** that, Bendo won the first Edgar fight hands down. You could argue that Frankie should have won the rematch, but there shouldn't have even been a rematch in the first place.

Benson/Edgar 1 looked like Edgar/Penn 2. Only reason their was a Edgar/Penn 2 is because Edgar/Penn 1 was a typical Frankie Edgar fight, do just enough to win and that's it.

That little **** head got a taste of his own medicine in the second fight with Bendo, and it was glorious.

This^

• idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited April 2013
    going by todays formula, frankie should have been cut after losing 3 in a row
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,617Free

Frankie is the current LW and FW champ, I think it's only fair that he goes down and beats up Barao or Cruz as well. Then he can change his focus to GSP and Weidman. Get behind him or get ran over. Choo Choo

Edgar would beat Barão, Cruz, GSP and Weidman just like he did against Bendo and Aldo ;)
    He's the P4P champion for a reason. Heck he might even move up to LHW and claim both the LHW championship and the People's championship from Chael. Wouldn't even break his toe doing it.

going by todays formula, frankie has lost 3 in a row. why isnt he cut?

Because he hasn't lost 3 in a row, check his record. 2 wins, 1 loss in his last 3.
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,165Free
    Beating Oliviera does not get you a title shot. He needs three solid wins imo.
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,315Free
    Edgar should be LW champ right now

haters gonna hate

he lost to Aldo though, and the first fight to bendo.

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,168Free
    I hate both of these fighters. This is making the hate lean more on Edgar. A TKO to glass rib Olive Oil? Or a finish to cry baby Edgar? Hard to choose. But I'm hoping that Frankie loses just to see what the UFC will do. :))
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
    edited April 2013

Edgar should be LW champ right now

haters gonna hate

he lost to Aldo though, and the first fight to bendo.

You just contradicted yourself, you said "Edgar should be LW champ right now" but agree "he lost the first fight to bendo". How should Edgar be champ when didn't deserve the rematch?

This^

• idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited April 2013

Because he hasn't lost 3 in a row, check his record. 2 wins, 1 loss in his last 3.

his last 3 fights:

aldo and bendo x 2

loss
    loss
    loss

3 in a row.

way to go wikipedia warrior. you failed. maybe you should take your own advice and check his record before you start picking at my nits hey?

1-3-1 in his last 5. he should be cut. not get a title shot.
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    He will be cut if he doesn't win a single fight in 2013.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    It boggles my mind that of all fighters user would get agitated over for wanting a title fight it would be Frankie

The only guy amoung dudes like Sonnen, Nick, McCall and etc. To of actually won a belt and defended it.

Honest to god I just don't get it... Smh
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free

I can't say I hate Frankie Edgar, I don't know him but he needs to STFU and GTFO.

This.
  • MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,124Free
    I hope he gets Mendes after Oliveira so he can STFU when he gets finished.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,298Free

his last 3 fights:

aldo and bendo x 2

loss
    loss
    loss

3 in a row.

way to go wikipedia warrior. you failed. maybe you should take your own advice and check his record before you start picking at my nits hey?

1-3-1 in his last 5. he should be cut. not get a title shot.
    Losing title fights doesn't warrant being cut.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

edited April 2013
    Keem said:

It boggles my mind that of all fighters user would get agitated over for wanting a title fight it would be Frankie

The only guy amoung dudes like Sonnen, Nick, McCall and etc. To of actually won a belt and defended it.

The guy just lost 3 title fights in a row. If he bets Do Bronx do you think he deserves another title shot?

If Jon Jones had lost that fight to Chael, then lost a rematch, then moved down some how and lost to Anderson, would he be entitled to another title shot after 1 win?

If you don't get that then you must be Cecil Peoples.

This^

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,298Free

Keem said:

The guy just lost 3 title fights in a row. If he bets Do Bronx do you think he deserves another title shot?

If Jon Jones had lost that fight to Chael, then lost a rematch, then moved down some how and lost to Anderson, would he be entitled to another title shot after 1 win?

Frankie needs more then one more win to warrant another title shot.

At the very least if he beats Oliviera he needs to beat someone else in the top 5 like Mendes, Swanson, or Sever.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• GyozaSauceGyozaSauce Posts: 301Free
    Frankie is a hard worker and a warrior but I'm really tired of hearing him talk about wanting another title shot.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,731Free
    Lulz

This dude is **** rediculous
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,011Free
    PoloRidah said:

Keem said:

Frankie needs more then one more win to warrant another title shot.

At the very least if he beats Oliviera he needs to beat someone else in the top 5 like Mendes, Swanson, or Sever.
    Siver is not top 5 but i agree w. You.
  • NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free
    needs at least one more after charles. anything else is complete and utter bs.
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

• Ninja_NujabesNinja_Nujabes Posts: 456Free
    Frankie dont deserve a shot at the belt that soon. Also his markebilty and believeabilty has been damaged way to much for the UFC to be able to hype him up for another shot at the belt anytime soon. He needs some more good wins on his record, before he asks for a shot.
    WAR 209 !
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,585Free
    KZ vs Lamas next shot!
    Edgar/Oliviera winner vs Siver/Swanson winner for the next shot... MMA can be so easy sometimes...
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1