Serious question in regards to JDS

TahuneTahune Posts: 1,873Free
Ok I want your opinion.

How much of this Mark Hunt hype is to do with Junior losing to Cain?

Lets say for whatever reason JDS hadn;t lost to Cain and (*somehow*) he was fighting Mark Hunt, Would there be as many 'fair-weather fans" coming out of the woodwork to predict a Mark Hunt KO of Junior?

Thoughts.

(* Don't think on how Hunt would get to fight for the title against JDS- it's just a hypothetical*)
Grover- Future LHW champ!
Tagged:

Comments

• IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,846Free
    They see it as a gaurantee'd slugfest. JDS via ground and pound
  • MetatronBJJMetatronBJJ Posts: 1,243Free
    edited May 2013
    I think there would be more hype if a title were on the line. Both guys have good chins, good boxing, and good KO power. Every fighter has a chance but this isn't Jones/Sonnen where everyone pretty much knows the outcome. If they want to stand and bang, I have no idea who will win this fight. Just takes one mistake from either fighter.
    Post edited by MetatronBJJ on
    I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want. - Smokin Joe Frazier
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    Hunt doesn't offer the takedown threat Cain does, JDS will be able to focus on the striking more, I think he takes a 4th round tko
  • JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    jduk said:

Hunt doesn't offer the takedown threat Cain does, JDS will be able to focus on the striking more, I think he takes a 4th round tko

it's only 3 rounds. And OP is right, go watch JDS' fights then go watch Hunt's. I like Hunt but It's not going to happen for him.

This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • Built2DestroyBuilt2Destroy Posts: 288Free
    I would never rule out Mark Hunt unless its against a guy that will take it to the ground (how ever Mark could still knock that person out before he gets taken down)
    Norwegian guy here, so excuse my English
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 775Free
    JDS Vs Cain 2 changed substantially the way fans look at Cain and JDS possibly for a long time. He laid out a blueprint on how to beat JDS for other fighters but no other fighter currently has the tools to use that blueprint but Cain. So answering your question: yes , If JDS Vs Cain 2 had never happened the chance of hunt winning the fight with him was slimmer in fans mind.
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    This fight is a toss up standing, on the ground, I believe JDS clearly has a significant advantage. Hunt has shown he can survive with the long limbs of Struve and is improving, but I don't think it will be enough to overcome JDS grappling.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free

I dont believe any of Hunts hype comes from JDS v Cain, he was getting hyped way before. The Army Of Doom has been growing for a while now

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,197Free
    JDS needs to train with mantis shrimp if he wants to win
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,873Free
    KOOKORK said:

JDS Vs Cain 2 changed substantially the way fans look at Cain and JDS possibly for a long time. He laid out a blueprint on how to beat JDS for other fighters but no other fighter currently has the tools to use that blueprint but Cain. So answering your question: yes , If JDS Vs Cain 2 had never happened the chance of hunt winning the fight with him was slimmer in fans mind.

excellent someone answered the actual question. I didn't ask who would bloody win
    fobar said:

I dont believe any of Hunts hype comes from JDS v Cain, he was getting hyped way before. The Army Of Doom has been growing for a while now

But is it warranted hype vs JDS?
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,485Free
    Cain beating JDS has little for the hunt hype to me

I just know how good of a stand up fighter hunt is

JDS is good striker for mma no doubt...but he's no god...Hes very touchable standing...and hunt may have the most power at HW and he has the skills to connect...hes not like Carwin who at mid-outside range can't connect...hunt has an inside-outside striking game

I think to many people think hunt is just a slogger like carwin and can't set up his power shots...they could not be more wrong

I'm not saying JDS will loss...I'm just saying hunt will win the stand up part of the fight
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
    BruteDion said:

JDS is good striker for mma no doubt...but he's no god...Hes very touchable standing...and hunt may have the most power at HW and he has the skills to connect...hes not like Carwin who at mid-outside range can't connect...hunt has an inside-outside striking game

I think to many people think hunt is just a slogger like carwin and can't set up his power shots...they could not be more wrong

I'm not saying JDS will loss...I'm just saying hunt will win the stand up part of the fight

He is very slick with his cross counters and Junior tends to move in a very linear way....but what about the speed factor?
    Tahune said:

BruteDion said:

He is very slick with his cross counters and Junior tends to move in a very linear way....but what about the speed factor?
    The speed is the only thing I feel Hunt could be the weakest at in terms of striking...but JDS is not tht fast of a striker anyways...the only time he loos fast is when fighting slower guys like Carwin and Roy...he didn't look fast at all against Cro Cop

The only fast thing I give JDS is his hand speed...and I said in another threas that you may have missed is this...

I feel hand speed is the most overated skill in terms of a difference maker...if the guy with hand speed faces a guy who only moves forward then yah hand speed can kill...but if the other guy is good at angles then hand speed means ****...it can in fact get you in trouble

If hunt uses his normal angles for his counters amd rhythm style then JDS hand speed will mean ****

But if JDS uses a gameplan much like Bisping uses of Jab,Run,TD then he will give Hunt fits cuz nothing slows down a guy who explodes on you like Hunt then a paw in the face at mid-outside range then a fast TD

It will be a good chess match....and the guy who still has the means to connect with decent power after the 3 min mark of the 3rd will win
    Sig record
    40-21

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

• JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    Unless that loss broke Cigano mentally JDS is going to make Hunt look like a **** statue.
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • Beloved89Beloved89 Posts: 215Free
    I really am quite shocked the amount of people jumping on Hunt's hype and completely disregarding everything JDS has accomplished. Yeah his last performance was pretty bad and the only good thing you can take way from that fight was that he lasted all 5 rounds. I love Hunt, no doubt, but we got to be real here. Watch all their fights...come on, JDS is just the better fighter. Hunt was losing his last fight until Struve got tired and dumb and stood right in front of Hunt. JDS made finishing Struve look so damn easy.
    WAR CIGANO!!

Cain is far superior to Big Foot, and so is Spartacus_ to me. I should not bet against the undefeated GOAT poster.
    Beloved89 said:

I really am quite shocked the amount of people jumping on Hunt's hype and completely disregarding everything JDS has accomplished. Yeah his last performance was pretty bad and the only good thing you can take way from that fight was that he lasted all 5 rounds. I love Hunt, no doubt, but we got to be real here. Watch all their fights...come on, JDS is just the better fighter. Hunt was losing his last fight until Struve got tired and dumb and stood right in front of Hunt. JDS made finishing Struve look so damn easy.

There's one thing all of JDS wins have in common...the guys he has beat have stood in front of him,Cro Cop,Roy,Cain,carwin ect

Only one who used good side to side movement was Cain the second time

If hunt uses his.angles and counters like we all know he cans and explodes at the right time he will hurt JDS

If hunt gets to tired and just stands in place then he will get tooled

It's just how this fight will be in terms of stand up
    Sig record
    40-21

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    I don't think either fighter si very good,that's why i knew Cain would win the rematch.
    What does JDS do in the ring?Sits back waiting to counter
    What does Hunt do?plods along slowly looking for a bomb.
    Combined their talents are that of an amateur in his first week of MMA training.
    Jds is much quicker and has better cardio,so obviously it favors him but he is still not very good so is beatable.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • ColdWorkKenColdWorkKen Posts: 1,566Free
    edited May 2013
    One of the funnier excuses JDS has to losing to Cain was he was sad about his failed marriage.. She must have great conversation skills.Hope he is over her before the Hunt fight.
    Post edited by ColdWorkKen on
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,567Free
    The Mark Hunt hype train started when Junior was champ

#rallyformarkhunt
  • NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free
    mark hunt has been a boss for years, all hype is warranted. hopefully they slug it out
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

edited May 2013

The Mark Hunt hype train started when Junior was champ

#rallyformarkhunt

Post edited by ColdWorkKen on
  • MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free
    Mark Hunt doesn't have fair weather fans, just the smart ones
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • alberkhavalberkhav Posts: 3Free
    I would never rule out Mark Hunt unless its against a guy that will take it to the ground (how ever Mark could still knock that person out before he gets taken down)

zaksame said:

I don't think either fighter si very good,that's why i knew Cain would win the rematch.
    What does JDS do in the ring?Sits back waiting to counter
    What does Hunt do?plods along slowly looking for a bomb.
    Combined their talents are that of an amateur in his first week of MMA training.
    Jds is much quicker and has better cardio,so obviously it favors him but he is still not very good so is beatable.

JDS waits to counter? lol thats one of the funniest things i have read

Don't bother replying to his nonsense. I've never seen a sensible thing said yet. I was tempted to put together a comprehensive list in response to the said nonsense, but then I realised it would be like trying to teach my seven year old daughter the finer aspects of sheet metal fabrication.

One of the funnier excuses JDS has to losing to Cain was he was sad about his failed marriage.. She must have great conversation skills.Hope he is over her before the Hunt fight.

he did not use any excuse.

weeks after his loss, we discovered he was having this personal issue and might had affect him, but that doesn't mean ****.

troll better next time
    He did not use any excuse then weeks after the fight brings up personnel problems that might of affected his performance in the fight.
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/1/18/3891032/junior-dos-santos-divorce-wife-personal-problems-ufc-155-cain-velasquez-mma
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,534Free
    Dos Santos could probably beat any regular old Samoan but Hunt ain't your run of the mill islander, he's a Super Samoan.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    Hunt is a 4/10 and JDS is a 6/10.Two very average HW's and if not for fact HW's are just crap in general i would rate both a 2 and a 4/10.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    Tahune said:

fobar said:

But is it warranted hype vs JDS?
    is any hype warranted? we will find out after the fight wont we