Jake Ellenberger doesn't believe Rory is top 10

PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,313Free
Source: http://www.bjpenn.com/ellenberger-on-macdonald-hes-not-top10-only-hyped-due-to-training-with-gsp/

I agree with Jake on this subject. The only top 10 guy he's fought in the WW division is Condit and he lost that fight weather you believe he did or didn't.

Beating Mills, Penn(past his prime lightweight), Pyle, and Diaz (lightweight) doesn't really warrant him the number 3 ranking in the current WW division.

Do you guys think the Ellenberger/Macdonald fight will actually happen?

If so, who wins?
Hendricks 1,2,3,4

Tagged:

Comments

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    He is right, the only people worth mentioning that he has fought are lightweight s
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,322Free
    Rory will still beat him tho

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,313Free

Rory will still beat him tho

I think Jake is going to TKO him. That should get rid of some of the unwarranted hype.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    He won't be saying that when he is on his back taking a beating.

Easy win for Jake and im not even basing that off his walkout song.

If he comes out to Gangstas Paradise again Rory doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell.
    Gabri1985 said:

If that were the case he wouldn't be saying anything.

If he's smart he be trying to get off his back.

I think Jake is going to prove this dude is over hyped.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free
    Does anyone really think Roy is a contender? He's just a fun to watch gatekeeper, no shame in that. You could tell Kongo gave zero f***s that fight and he got cut for it.

Sig Bet Record: 10-1

JimmyYO said:

Does anyone really think Roy is a contender? He's just a fun to watch gatekeeper, no shame in that. You could tell Kongo gave zero f***s that fight and he got cut for it.

This dude is famished.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

Derp
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• GN_FDUGN_FDU Posts: 3,810Free
    Jake is underestimating Rory's skill set. Rory may not be ranked higher than Jake, but he is the better smarter fighter.
    PoloRidah said:

Gabri1985 said:

i don't think he is going to at all, rory was easily beating Condit up until that 3rd round and the bs stoppage. Can't see past a Rory win.

Jake is underestimating Rory's skill set. Rory may not be ranked higher than Jake, but he is the better smarter fighter.

The UFC actually has Rory ranked number 3 and Jake ranked number 4 which is retarded imo.
    Gabri1985 said:

PoloRidah said:

Gabri1985 said:

i don't think he is going to at all, rory was easily beating Condit up until that 3rd round and the bs stoppage. Can't see past a Rory win.
    If he was "easily" beating Condit he would of never gotten TKO'd.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Doctor_ObviouslyDoctor_Obviously Posts: 18,842Free
    Rory will beat Jake.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doctor...15684498441639

PoloRidah said:

GN_FDU said:

The UFC actually has Rory ranked number 3 and Jake ranked number 4 which is retarded imo.
    Gabri1985 said:

PoloRidah said:

Gabri1985 said:

If he was "easily" beating Condit he would of never gotten TKO'd.
    he was the first two rounds where all him, watch the fight again if you need to. Rory just took his foot of the gas in the 3rd, most likely due to fatigue and paid the price, it was a poor stoppage though.
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    I got Jake
    I think he just hits too hard and Rory isn't the hardest to find
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 778Free
    Jake thinks Rory is not even Top 10?. I disagree with that part. He is somewhere around Top 6 or 7. Jake is right that he has not been seriously tested though.
    Jake himself has not fought a top 10 and win. He lost to Condit and Kampmann. So it is like " Pot calling the Kettle black".
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • OmahaOutcastOmahaOutcast Posts: 281Free
    Ellenberger will win, rory is way over rated
    Jake Ellenberger > GSP

Robbie Lawler = GOAT

Scott Jorgensen #1 favorite bantamweight
    KOOKORK said:

Jake thinks Rory is not even Top 10?. I disagree with that part. He is somewhere around Top 6 or 7. Jake is right that he has not been seriously tested though.
    Jake himself has not fought a top 10 and win. He lost to Condit and Kampmann. So it is like " Pot calling the Kettle black".

He did beat Shields tbf to him.

KOOKORK said:

He did beat Shields tbf to him.
    True. One can argue that shield is not a good measure though but you have a point.

It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 963Free
    If the fight actually happens, Roidy will outwork Jake and finish him late in the fight.
  • cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,117Free
    Rory will beat the living hell out of this guy......We should ask him after the beating .........
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    edited May 2013
    Post edited by Keem on
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    Well he finna' feel the wrath.
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
    edited May 2013
    cruz2990 said:

Rory will beat the living hell out of this guy......We should ask him after the beating .........

cruz picking the favourite

no surprise here
    Post edited by carnages41 on

• waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,004Free
    edited May 2013
    Rory is definately a top ten guy and may possibly be a champion one day. However, I do agree that he has not beaten enough quality opponents to warrant the type of hype he gets from some of his fans at this stage of his career.
    Post edited by waikru on
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• JoeTheGiggoloJoeTheGiggolo Posts: 1,420Free
    ITT: Article about an MMA fighter that has been possessed by the Jelly Monster, attempts to discredit a very, young, promising MMA fighter on the verge of superstardom and wealth. He does this in hopes to talk his way into a fight with the young Prodigy. But alas he will have wait until after the merciless beating of an MMA fighter/Interim Champion named Carlos Condit. By the hands of The Canadian Prince of the WW division.
    Proud Supporter of TEAM SONNEN!

I said Mighty Mouse would be the 1st UFC FlyW Champ!
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 778Free
    waikru said:

Rory is definately a top ten guy and may possibly be a champion one day. However, I do agree that he has beaten enough quality opponents to warrant the type of hype he gets from some of his fans at this stage of his career.

You do agree? or Don't agree?

• waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,004Free
    KOOKORK said:

waikru said:

Rory is definately a top ten guy and may possibly be a champion one day. However, I do agree that he has beaten enough quality opponents to warrant the type of hype he gets from some of his fans at this stage of his career.

You do agree? or Don't agree?

Sorry. I mistyped. Hopefully, this is more clear.

Rory is definately a top ten guy and may possibly be a champion one day. However, I do agree that he has not beaten enough quality opponents to warrant the type of hype he gets from some of his fans at this stage of his career.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"