Time to bring back John "Doomsday" Howard

KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
edited May 2013 in UFC
Dude is 5 wins in with like 4 KO's. UFC is coming back to Boston soon and Howard is a hometown favorite. He shouldn't of been cut in the first place imho

Time to bring back John "Doomsday" Howard

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*

Comments

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Yes, bring him back
    "Doomsday"
    HowardWilson3058UFC94.jpg
    420 x 527 - 80K
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
  • GstarUkGstarUk Posts: 7,194Free
    No, don't bring him back
    Its a shame Rumble vs Howard never happened.
    Wanted to see them fight. They had proper beef **** knows what about tho.

• _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,533Free
    I don't know
    The WW Division is stacked...he will get cut again! He had some nice knockouts ,but i dont think ,that he can compete with the TOP 15 UFC WW fighters!!!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free
    where is the dont care option?
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

• Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,527Free
    Yes, bring him back
    GstarUk said:

Now they are 3 weight classes apart... officially.

• Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,527Free
    Yes, bring him back
    It seems as if he's been competing at 185 since his release. He would have to come back at 170 in the UFC or get killed. 5'7" is too short for 170 that's crazy short for middleweight.

His 3 UFC losses were top opposition. I think Alves even went out there and laid on him.
    Yes, bring him back
    The only fight for him outside the UFC is Paul Daley

There's no more names. Doomsday vs. Sadollah, Hardy, Patrick, Abedi, Badurzhada all make great match ups

Megumi Fuji

No, don't bring him back

GstarUk said:

Now they are 3 weight classes apart... officially.

Rumble scared.....

• NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free
    edited May 2013
    bring anthony "the goat" johnson back to dethrone bones
    Post edited by NeckCrank on
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

• JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    NeckCrank said:

simply this...
    Yes, bring him back
    NeckCrank said:

NeckCrank said:

simply this...
    There is not one

You have to literally not click on the thread if you don't care

No ill will, or malice intended

Megumi Fuji

• WalkLikeAWarrior707WalkLikeAWarrior707 Posts: 6,003Free
    edited May 2013
    Yes, bring him back
    Yes would love to see him back in the UFC
    Post edited by WalkLikeAWarrior707 on
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
    No, don't bring him back
    Howard vs Riddle, bound to happen
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,485Free
    Yes, bring him back
    Yes bring him back...I would like to see him back at 170 but if he's more explosives at 185 ok

Beside...he was the best weight-in fighter of all time ;)
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • CaptainSupermanCaptainSuperman Posts: 10,101Free
    No, don't bring him back
    Why?

No good UFC wins, UFC loses to Brown, Alves, and Ellenberger, and even lost to Dan Miller and Nick Catone outside of the UFC.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,567Free
    Losing to Matt Brown really hurt his record. Alves and Ellenberger are legit top guys and he was thrown Brown to get him a win and he still lost
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,795Moderator, Ultimate
    No, don't bring him back
    Let him work himself out in Bellator. His skill level isnt up there for the ufc and even for some of the strikeforce entries like mein woodley marquardt or even lawler
    imageimage
  • AxeMurduhAxeMurduh ShuragogaunepechwanPosts: 1,918Free
    Yes, bring him back
    I was looking at his record few days ago hes on a good win streak , i say yea he's had a few good knock outs

Yes, bring him back

Losing to Matt Brown really hurt his record. Alves and Ellenberger are legit top guys and he was thrown Brown to get him a win and he still lost

It was a late replacement

Doomsday was training for Kampmann a Thai-boxing guy

Matt came in and used a bit more grappling than I think Doomsday was preparing for

No excuse, Matt won Fair-n-square. He also gave Ellenberger a run for his money in the 2nd and 3rd rounds

Megumi Fuji

Yes, bring him back

Why?

No good UFC wins, UFC loses to Brown, Alves, and Ellenberger, and even lost to Dan Miller and Nick Catone outside of the UFC.

He had a FOTN and a KOTN

The KO's over Roberts and Hallman where impressive if you see them for what they where

Megumi Fuji

• CaptainSupermanCaptainSuperman Posts: 10,101Free
    No, don't bring him back
    Keem said:

Why?

He had a FOTN and a KOTN

The KO's over Roberts and Hallman where impressive if you see them for what they where
    And where were Roberts and Hallman ranked at the time?
    Yes, bring him back

Keem said:

Why?

He had a FOTN and a KOTN

And where were Roberts and Hallman ranked at the time?
    depends who ranking them

Megumi Fuji

• iNOOBiNOOB Posts: 4,155Free
    Yes, bring him back
    I would like to see him back. I liked watching him fight and his knockout of Daniel Roberts was vicious. I thought the dude died.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig Bet Record: 8-4
    2011 UFC Predictions 190-110
    2012 UFC Predictions 45-17
    2013 UFC Predictions 243-130
    2014 UFC Predictions 49-37

Events Attended: UFC 119 ~ Versus 5 ~ FOX 2 ~ FOX 6 ~ UFN 27 ~ FOX 10

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,782Free
    Yes, bring him back
    i like the guy, was abit miffed when he was cut
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion