Mark Hunt Scoffs at Dana, UFC for Only Promising Junior Dos Santos a Title Shot

JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1624479-mark-hunt-blasts-ufc-for-promising-only-junior-dos-santos-a-title-shot

Good for Hunt, he snapped Struve's 4 fight win streak, and if he beats Junior he deserves the shot.
This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.

Comments

• Beloved89Beloved89 Posts: 215Free
    That is messed up for sure. He will get the shot, though, if he beats JDS. I think Dana was just uttering words he didn't really mean during the press conference.
    WAR CIGANO!!

Cain is far superior to Big Foot, and so is Spartacus_ to me. I should not bet against the undefeated GOAT poster.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,346Free
    what a boss
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free
    its ****. junior lost and only one win gets him another shot? not just in juniors case, but the ufc needs to stop this quick road back to a title shot rematch ****. get some fresh fights up in here.
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

• Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,486Free
    This is probably part of what he was referring to when he said he wasn't happy with the way he was being treated, it seems like they weren't willing to give him the big fights and now they aren't willing to give him a shot at the belt even if he beats JDS.
    Favorite fighters:

HW: Lesnar, Schaub, dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Ellenberger, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Poirier
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    Women: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu, PaigePage

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

• JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    edited May 2013
    NeckCrank said:

its ****. junior lost and only one win gets him another shot? not just in juniors case, but the ufc needs to stop this quick road back to a title shot rematch ****. get some fresh fights up in here.

Cain beat a fighter making his UFC debut and got the same treatment as JDS and he didn't even defend the title.

Post edited by JDS_over_REEM on
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,346Free

NeckCrank said:

Cain beat a fighter making his UFC debut and got the same treatment as JDS and he didn't even defend the title.

Yeah but Cain beat the GOAT Lesnar

he deserves a million rematches if he needs it
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    I like jds but this kinda makes me wanna see hunt win.
    Well it make sense for both to be fighting for a title shot. Let's break it down.

Let's say Mark goes out there and defeats the number 2 heavyweight in the world. Okay congratulations Mark you beat the former champ and number 2 guy in the division. Here's Junior's punching bag aka Roy Nelson.

Beat the best guy that is not the champion and fight lesser competition immediately after... that makes sense right?

Dana and Joe Silva need to pull their heads out of their assanholas
    Post edited by Frontline_Rioter on
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,824Free
    Hunt via KTFO

In the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 14th round
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,531Free
    Dana is trying to get Hunt grapple ****ed by someone that's not his champion. Roy might be stupid enough to stand with Mark. If that's the case he gets knocked the **** out. It's not impossible to knock Nelson out I watched Andrei do it live.
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,363Free
    edited May 2013
    hes the only top 10 heavyweight on a winstreak this is ****

Hunt has just as much of a chance against cain
    Post edited by i_run_this on

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free
    i like nelson and hunt and would hate to see either lose but would love to see that fight.
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

• rodrodMMA92rodrodMMA92 TexasPosts: 4,027Free
    Hunt beats JDS he deserves a title shot. He'd have like the longest W streak in HW atm no? Plus he would've beaten the former champ in a fight that most likely will end in a finish.

21-16 SIG . . . . . 2-1 AV

Rua . . . . . . Penn . . . . . . Maia . . . . . .Van Soest . . . . . . Rousey . . . . . . . JDS . . . . . . Silva

imageimageimageTVSRouseyimageShogun

• the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,086Premium
    If hunt does ever get a title shot it needs to happen in NZ, or at least Australia
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,058Free

If hunt does ever get a title shot it needs to happen in NZ, or at least Australia

The champ rarely, if ever defends in his opponents backyard.

And Hunt should def get the shot if he wins. But that dosent mean he will do well. Cain wil just wrestle him all day.
  • EpilogueEpilogue Posts: 124Free
    anyone that beats JDS deserves a shot...
  • -HiLiteOfTheNite--HiLiteOfTheNite- Posts: 633Free
    Beloved89 said:

That is messed up for sure. He will get the shot, though, if he beats JDS. I think Dana was just uttering words he didn't really mean during the press conference.

He would need Werdum to lose as well. Even then he still may get passed over...who knows?... We'll see.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,619Free

Beloved89 said:

He would need Werdum to lose as well. Even then he still may get passed over...who knows?... We'll see.
    Werdum has beaten Russow and Big Country.

Hunt has beaten Struve, Kongo, Rothwell, and Tuscherer.

If Werdum beats Nog and Hunt beats JDS, how can you give Werdum the shot given the two fighter's recent octagon history?

With all the nonsense about talking your way to a title shot lately, it would be a shame to see a guy who actually FOUGHT his way to the top get looked over.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,458Free
    haha true dat. Just for that I'm going for Hunt so he ruins the planned Cain vs JDS trilogy fight which is why the UFC is willing to give it to JDS. Even if it's only getting one win after losing the belt!
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    Good for Hunt! As much as I like JDS, it's BS that all these fighters are guaranteed title shots but their opponents should they win, are still being paid scraps to go out there and win and put on entertaining fights.

OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    Same thing with the vitor and bisping fight. Bisping got Ktfo'ed big time and all vitor got was a #1 contender fight where as bisping would have gotten a title shot even if he won by UD. Without question though hunt does deserve a title shot if he beats jds.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,859Free
    dana doesnt seem to like hunt. Only reason hunt got this fight was due to fan demand. If hunt wins the fans will get what they want which is hunt in a title shot but dana wont be happy.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    woah woah woah lets not get too hasty and talk about mark hunt getting a title shot.

this is his first opponent in the ufc who isnt a can, Lets see how this plays out first. Aside from a BS split decision against cro cop, He has never ever beaten anybody who isnt a total can

If he beats JDS he shouldnt earn a title shot. He earns a chance to avenge his UFC debut to the P4P greatest, baddest man on the planet, future title holder in 3 different weight divisions, Chris Tuscherer
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,531Free
    Hunt killed Tuscherer you noob
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    Too many people here seem to forget that it is DANA WHITE talking........ranks and who deserves title shots don't matter anymore!! Also.......it also depends on the fight itself....just how does Hunt beat JDS, if he does. If Hunt destroys JDS in devastating fashion, then ok, get a title shot. If Hunt plods along eating tons of shots from JDS but wins a decision.......Eh, try again.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,619Free

Hunt killed Tuscherer you noob

Yup, fight should have been stopped when Tusherer's eyelid was hanging off his face early in the fight. Then Hunt sent him to la la land with a perfect uppercut.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• bluesybluesy Posts: 2,843Free
    Let's assume Dana and Joe really are uber-pricks to the nth degree and deny Mark a title shot after a win over Junior. Who the hell would be the #1 contender, then? For a division so thin and in need of fresh matchups, they're really going out of their way to keep things stale.