AS + JJ = A unstoppable force?

IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,959Free
Silva- The best striking in MMA today, P4P Muy Thai, Underrated BJJ, Wrestling (Decent takedown defence but rarely goes for the takedown), Unorthadox fighting style,KO power and a Decent chin.

Jones- Height and Reach advantage, Excellent wrestling (Takedown's at will), P4P ground n pound (Hellbow's), Unorthadox fighting style, Decent stand-up, Questionable chin and KO power

Surely a mixture of these two fighter would equal a unstoppable fighter.

Or are there any other two fighter's, if merged would be unstoppable..
Tagged:

Comments

• bluesybluesy Posts: 2,841Free
    Jones' standup is quite a bit better than decent, but he doesn't have KO power. He can cut you up when he gets you down and he has excellent chokes, but he's not gonna knock anybody unconscious from the standing position.

Jon has a chronic right hand injury that he has had ever since high school. He was gonna get surgery on it around the time he and Rashad were first scheduled to fight, which is why he pulled out of it, but then he opted to leave it alone because going under the knife posed an even greater risk. He mentioned that it hurts even just to shake peoples' hands, sometimes. And I think that's why he's limited with his hands and relies on so many other tools.
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,959Free

Matt brown =An unstoppable force

Who would of guessed you would of said that
  • NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free
    big country= p4p belly and overhand right
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

• 2006Man2006Man Posts: 235Free
    edited May 2013
    Identity said:

Silva- The best striking in MMA today, P4P Muy Thai, Underrated BJJ, Wrestling (Decent takedown defence but rarely goes for the takedown), Unorthadox fighting style,KO power and a Decent chin.

Jones- Height and Reach advantage, Excellent wrestling (Takedown's at will), P4P ground n pound (Hellbow's), Unorthadox fighting style, Decent stand-up, Questionable chin and KO power

Surely a mixture of these two fighter would equal a unstoppable fighter.

Or are there any other two fighter's, if merged would be unstoppable..

first chael out struck anderson silva in sonnen/silva 1 on the feet, second chael proved anderson is not unstoppable. jones out wrestled sonnen,

anderson silva merged with jon jones =chuck liddell, great striking, kicks that ko and great wrestling
    Post edited by 2006Man on
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,824Free
    bluesy said:

Jones' standup is quite a bit better than decent, but he doesn't have KO power. He can cut you up when he gets you down and he has excellent chokes, but he's not gonna knock anybody unconscious from the standing position.

Jon has a chronic right hand injury that he has had ever since high school. He was gonna get surgery on it around the time he and Rashad were first scheduled to fight, which is why he pulled out of it, but then he opted to leave it alone because going under the knife posed an even greater risk. He mentioned that it hurts even just to shake peoples' hands, sometimes. And I think that's why he's limited with his hands and relies on so many other tools.

wouldnt be so sure, he dropped machida in their fight which resulted in him locking up the standing choke. Woulndt surprise me if he does KO someone on the feet.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,319Free
    forgot GSP

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
    Anderson Silva + Cain Velasquez = best combo IMO

or

Anderson Silva + 170 Demian Maia
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    You gave Silva way more credit than he deserves.
    If he was such a great striker he would have KO'd Maia ,he an entire fight standing to do it.He would also initiate,engage first if he was so confident in his striking.Nope he lays back and waits to counter and that is because he is not confident in his striking,He hopes you get frustrated chasing him and eventually lunge in carelessly,then he has you as an easy target.
    First thing on Silva's mind when he strikes is,how fast can i get out after i strike,he won't stay in the pocket.

Ok so Maia is one very obvious fight,how about Cote?Cote is down at 170 now and still struggles,yet Silva was afraid of him,all because Cote has some striking.So no Silva is not a great striker,just average with great quickness,he looks good against bums and even then might not look good,example the Cote fight he looked bad.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • MetatronBJJMetatronBJJ Posts: 1,243Free
    zaksame said:

If he was such a great striker he would have KO'd Maia ,he an entire fight standing to do it.He would also initiate,engage first if he was so confident in his striking.Nope he lays back and waits to counter and that is because he is not confident in his striking,He hopes you get frustrated chasing him and eventually lunge in carelessly,then he has you as an easy target.
    First thing on Silva's mind when he strikes is,how fast can i get out after i strike,he won't stay in the pocket.

Ok so Maia is one very obvious fight,how about Cote?Cote is down at 170 now and still struggles,yet Silva was afraid of him,all because Cote has some striking.So no Silva is not a great striker,just average with great quickness,he looks good against bums and even then might not look good,example the Cote fight he looked bad.

Jesus Christ! I was about to hit "troll" but then I looked at your reactions in your profile. Sorry, but I can't kick a man while he's down.
    I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want. - Smokin Joe Frazier
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    Neither AS or JBJ has the cardio of Bisping

fobar said:

true, but cardio doesnt help when your chin is made of rice papar

"Believe in the beard"

PunchBag said:

fobar said:

true, but cardio doesnt help when your chin is made of rice papar

neither of the 3 I mentioned have such a chin so that comment makes zero sense you uneducated fool

does to
    "Believe in the beard"

edited May 2013

zaksame said:

Jesus Christ! I was about to hit "troll" but then I looked at your reactions in your profile. Sorry, but I can't kick a man while he's down.
    I hit troll for you, you're wlecome
    Post edited by fobar on

• MetatronBJJMetatronBJJ Posts: 1,243Free
    fobar said:

zaksame said:

I hit troll for you, you're wlecome
    I owe you one
    I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want. - Smokin Joe Frazier
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,047Free
    A combination of GSP and Fedor would destroy him.

Can you imagine GSP's machine-like undestructive wrestling and athleticism with Fedor's ferocious aggression, bravery and brutality and his punching power?

Anderson Silva would have run scared into the closet. Jon Jones would get overwhelmed.
    silva has incredible accuracy and power, i mean he stopped bonar with a knee a guy who has been in alot of wars never showed any signs of being out of a fight before.
    "Believe in the beard"

• JimzJimz Posts: 1,048Free
  • chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,269Free
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate
    *An

\:D/
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds
  • -HiLiteOfTheNite--HiLiteOfTheNite- Posts: 621Free
    Cain Velasquez + Royce Gracie = death machine
    edited June 2013
    a silva is already an unstoppable force, nobody can beat him at MW
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"

• ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    Only JJ is an unstopppable force. Look who JBJ has had to fight compared to the so and so fighters Silva has had to face. JBJ is facing serious competition while Silva calls out Cung Lee and will probably face Bisping too.....like LMAO!! And Silva will try to avoid Vitor because he knows he got lucky with that front kick.
    edited June 2013
    jbj is facing over the hill ex champs that should have already retired and who would have probably been fighting at mw if silva wasnt there
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"

• FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,044Free
    simple.. AS with JJ's body would definitely be unstoppable forever.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,619Free

simple.. AS with JJ's body would definitely be unstoppable forever.

Chael via UD