Chael's wrestling defense: how dumb can a wrestler get?

bluesybluesy Posts: 2,841Free
Who in their right mind grabs a muay thai plum on another wrestler who has you against the fence, trying to scoop you up for a double? Sonnen really is a mental midget who looks for a way out of fights. That has gotta be the stupidest thing I've seen in MMA in recent memory and I'm surprised more people haven't called him out on how absurdly DUMB that was. That's, like, wrestling 101 basic logic. You go for underarm control immediately, so the guy can't control your hips. It's a war of leverage and the last thing you do is grab your opponent's damn head with BOTH HANDS. You silly ****!

Who the hell does Chael think he is, vintage Wanderlei? When has muay thai ever gotten you anywhere in your career? And who told you that it was a good idea to use it at the most inappropriate time in a fight? The reason we don't see a lot of muay thai plums in the cage is because they open you up to takedowns against really good wrestlers. There's a technique and strategy to them that Chael obviously didn't bother studying. I guess he was too busy talking.

Look, see, fail. My name is Chael.
Tagged:

Comments

• JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    spinning backfist against Silva.
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    Chael's a computer. Stop all the downloading.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,824Free
    his takedown defense looked poor, but usually in fights even when he ends up in a bad spot on the floor he can make a switch or muscle his way on top but not agaisnt jones.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Doctor_ObviouslyDoctor_Obviously Posts: 18,842Free
    Chael knows how to be aggressive, take people down and grind. Other than that, he hasn't shown up for the other 122 MMA classes.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doctor...15684498441639

I wouldn't pick one particular spot to think Chael is dumb,he imo has very little fight game.He is nothing more than a proven cheat and that is how he has remained relevant,cheating and his mouth.Chael simply puts his head down and goes for a TD.
    Even GSP doesn't just go forward and attempt it,he tries to test the stand up and sets up his TD's.

I knew Chael wouldn't be able to wrestle Jones,i figured he had like a 1% chance of winning and that was because i was being generous.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,619Free
    Yeah, you probably know and do better than a UFC legend and champ like Chael. You should show him how it's done.
  • MetatronBJJMetatronBJJ Posts: 1,243Free
    bluesy said:

Who in their right mind grabs a muay thai plum on another wrestler who has you against the fence, trying to scoop you up for a double? Sonnen really is a mental midget who looks for a way out of fights. That has gotta be the stupidest thing I've seen in MMA in recent memory and I'm surprised more people haven't called him out on how absurdly DUMB that was. That's, like, wrestling 101 basic logic. You go for underarm control immediately, so the guy can't control your hips. It's a war of leverage and the last thing you do is grab your opponent's damn head with BOTH HANDS. You silly ****!

Who the hell does Chael think he is, vintage Wanderlei? When has muay thai ever gotten you anywhere in your career? And who told you that it was a good idea to use it at the most inappropriate time in a fight? The reason we don't see a lot of muay thai plums in the cage is because they open you up to takedowns against really good wrestlers. There's a technique and strategy to them that Chael obviously didn't bother studying. I guess he was too busy talking.

I'm aready sponsering WarWest and I'd like you to join my fight team too. You're too busy typing, so get in there and show us how it's done. I won't let your knowledge go to waste. I'm taking you to the top!..... War Bluesy! 2013 Champ!!!
    I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want. - Smokin Joe Frazier
    lets be honest chael, he isnt very good. i mean hes just a wrestler like joe warren
    "Believe in the beard"

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free
    I think Chael was deathly afraid of getting elbowed against the fence, Rashad style. He just ended up getting elbowed Brandon Vera style instead, luckily the ref promptly saved his life.

Sig Bet Record: 10-1

PunchBag said:

lets be honest chael, he isnt very good. i mean hes just a wrestler like joe warren

He dropped Anderson multiple times, pretty good for a wrassler
  • chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    Sonnen should be the champ right now. Bad stop!!!
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
    edited May 2013

PunchBag said:

anderson lost balance he was never hurt rhe whole fight, only reason why chael was effective was because silva's weakest area is wrestling yet he still beat sonnen
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"

PunchBag said:

PunchBag said:

anderson lost balance he was never hurt rhe whole fight, only reason why chael was effective was because silva's weakest area is wrestling yet he still beat sonnen
    Convenient that he lost balance when Chael punched him
    well he lunged at silva with his punches and with silva expecting takedowns i blieve he lost balance. We seen what happens in the second fight when chael attempts to strike with silva.
    "Believe in the beard"

• YerboYerbo Posts: 2,515Free
    bluesy said:

Maybe the same kinda guy who tries a spinning elbow on Anderson Silva? hahahaha
  • 2006Man2006Man Posts: 235Free
    edited May 2013
    watch chael sonnen vs bryan baker wec fight and tell me what you thought of chael sonnen's wrestling
    Post edited by 2006Man on
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,165Free
    Chael has a limited skillset that he implements brilliantly.
  • munkiemunkie Posts: 2,538Free
    Chael is the most overrated fighter in the UFC. He's an amazing Wrestler but overall, a fairly **** fighter.