Hypothetical Question: What if a UFC Fighter Came Out?

jameswasfingeredjameswasfingered Posts: 17Free
It just happened with a journeyman player in the NBA, but what if a UFC fighter came out? I have been to several UFC shows (three) and the crowds varied. Do you think if a champion came out, it would be more accepting? Last year a boxer came out and seemed to be accepted. Obviously the girl Rhonda fought is gay, but I am talking about a MAN.
Tagged:

Comments

• NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free
    edited May 2013
    poopy poop
    Post edited by NeckCrank on
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

• jameswasfingeredjameswasfingered Posts: 17Free
    Neck crank why so mean? Nick Ring has Never come out! That is a fact. Speculation regarding GSP, but no facts. I know a few months ago people were claiming Jake Shields but I don't think so. Just cuz Pierre is 30 something and not married doesn't mean he's family. Geez. I am not going to get in a slugfest of words with you and by the way, who made you the spokesperson for the forum? Try to enjoy conversations that challenge you to think rather than posts like, " Who is thebiggest goat in the division?"
  • ipso_factoipso_facto Posts: 1,023Free
    edited May 2013
    It might work for individual sports, but I do not agree with coming out in team sports. It is probably quite disruptive to the necessary comradery of a team in order to be successful. The locker room is an issue as well. What straight athlete would be comfortable with the possibility of being ogled at in the shower by a teammate?...or rolling with a guy that might secretly have a hard-on for you? :-O Do your teammates (and us) a favor and keep it in the closet.
    Post edited by ipso_facto on
    Favorites:

HW - M. Mitrione, C. Velasquez

LHW - K. Soszynski, A. Johnson

MW - B. Stann, T. Credeur

WW - M. Brown, M. Pyle

LW - J. Lauzon, N. Diaz

FW - F. Edgar, D. Siver

BW - D. Cruz, U. Faber
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,675Free

there's no need for GSP to come out.

we all know the truth.

P4P post ^^^
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,282Free

Hypothetical Question: What if jameswasfingered stopped making threads?

i think he's either gay, in the closet or legopig

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    I don't accept it at any point.There is a big difference between a friend and a love relationship.Obviously people who accept it don't know the true meaning of love and a relationship.There is a reason our bodies are designed the way they are,don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out.
    The ultimate testament to a relationship is bearing a child together, gay sex cannot do it.
    I do feel sorry those gays,they have a little something wrong mentally,not their fault,everyone has a fault or three.

The majority of people wish they could have half the chicks GSP has turned down.The only gay i have seen around GSP was when Koscheck came out during the show in tights,trying to insult GSP.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
    I wrestled for three years in high school, baseball for two and fottball for one year. In college, I wrestled for one year and played lacrosse for two. Never once did I ever feel like I had to jump some teamates bones. Such a sterotype. It's just like women and men can be friends without having sex. This is 2013 not 1993. It's just that were men, and everyone thinks that are agressive nature means were going to act on it.
  • ParaffinAlienParaffinAlien Posts: 382Free
    I don't have an issue with gays of either gender. I'm not interested in a fighters private life or his sexual preferences because I'm not a fanboy. The people that are constantly talking crap about a fighters personality or whatever, the haters, rarely have anything to say that I'm interested in reading about or responding to. I come on this forum to learn about and share about MMA, not to listen to some 'fans?' of the sport cry about the personality of some athlete they have never even met.
    ' I started, I used to go off just instincts. Then they took head butts away, so I had to learn some skills.' Mark Coleman

'In three seconds were gonna go, you touch my eye and I'll break your fkin neck.' Bas Rutten.

'But it ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.' Rocky Balboa.

I wrestled for three years in high school, baseball for two and fottball for one year. In college, I wrestled for one year and played lacrosse for two. Never once did I ever feel like I had to jump some teamates bones. Such a sterotype. It's just like women and men can be friends without having sex. This is 2013 not 1993. It's just that were men, and everyone thinks that are agressive nature means were going to act on it.

2013 not 1993? Dude you're crazy if you think that because modern society has gone bat **** crazy with being prolifically correct then that cancells out tens of thousands of years of evolution and a mans natural instinct to mate with whomever he finds attractive. If I'm rolling on a mat with an attractive female I'm gonna want to do the nasty with her no matter what society tells me I should think and feel, so is any other res blooded male. Anyone that says otherwise than s either gay or a liar.
    ' I started, I used to go off just instincts. Then they took head butts away, so I had to learn some skills.' Mark Coleman

'In three seconds were gonna go, you touch my eye and I'll break your fkin neck.' Bas Rutten.

'But it ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.' Rocky Balboa.
  • CaptainSupermanCaptainSuperman Posts: 10,101Free
    Hypothetical question: What if their sexuality was no one's business

Oh wait...
    It's not about being politically correct, it's about respecting other's preferences. I get it. I know not everyone can accept people for who they are. My family is an exception. My partner happens to be 30 years older than me and my dad and mom love him! Actually my dad and Steve used to be golf partners. I never "came out." I didn't have to. My friends and family accept.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,784Free
    edited May 2013
    would be the best thing that could happen in mma.

Just imagine the smack talk leading up to a fight when an overtly camp and openly gay fighter says hes going to **** this dudes **** up

but
    rampage, ring and gsp are rumored to be in the closet
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• TheHarbingerTheHarbinger Posts: 6,779Free
    I don't know about Page and GSP, but I'd be very surprised if Nick Ring wasn't homosexual. Not that there's anything wrong with that, more power to him. It's just hard for me to imagine the guy is hetero, the way he carries himself/talks.

Not that it matters, Nick Ring is a badass, regardless of his sexual orientation.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,220Free
    lol Rampage has a son

he is not gay
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • Beloved89Beloved89 Posts: 215Free
    LOL if Rampage is gay, he hides it very well.

WAR CIGANO!!

Cain is far superior to Big Foot, and so is Spartacus_ to me. I should not bet against the undefeated GOAT poster.
  • TheHarbingerTheHarbinger Posts: 6,779Free

lol Rampage has a son

he is not gay

Tom Cruise has a daughter.
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,946Free
    LMAO.

If theres anybody who is definitely not a butt pirate, it's RamGOAT.

And to answer the OP's question:

This said fighter will be considered an abomination.
  • Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,156Free
    Frankly, I wouldn't give a ****. This is fighting; who cares if your gay or not. Same view that I had on women being in the UFC. Don't really care as long as the fights are good.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 776Free
    edited May 2013
    zaksame said:

I don't accept it at any point.
    The ultimate testament to a relationship is bearing a child together, gay sex cannot do it.
    I do feel sorry those gays,they have a little something wrong mentally,not their fault,everyone has a fault or three.

You have more than three faults by posting this nonsense comment. How about forty?. How about thinking before posting, Oh I am just wasting my time.

Post edited by KOOKORK on
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • trez1336trez1336 Posts: 642Free
    If a fighter came out it would be huge news for a week, then huge news again right before his next fight... then we would all move on to something else
    text
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 776Free

It just happened with a journeyman player in the NBA, but what if a UFC fighter came out? I have been to several UFC shows (three) and the crowds varied. Do you think if a champion came out, it would be more accepting? Last year a boxer came out and seemed to be accepted. Obviously the girl Rhonda fought is gay, but I am talking about a MAN.

I couldn't care less about the sexual preference of a fighter. It is about how good they fight and carry themselves in front of fans and how genuine and honest they are . I am not interested in their personal life .
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • cronicmmacronicmma Posts: 57Free
    trez1336 said:

If a fighter came out it would be huge news for a week, then huge news again right before his next fight... then we would all move on to something else

exactly. In the end who cares where the guy likes to stick his pecker. We pay to watch them fight.

BTW, GSP talks about his main life goal being settling down and marrying a women, Fathering five or six kids. Yeah I know anyone can say that but I think anyone with amy intelligence that's as much in the public eye as GSP wouldn't bother to concoct such a story, I mean why bother.

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,784Free
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• najmanajma Posts: 2,022Free
    The fighters should be allowed to use their genitalia in combat as a weapon.
    I'd love to see a guy **** in his **** into submission, or KO'd by **** penetration. Let them fights be real goddamnit!

And the ladies should be allowed to squeeze each other's boobs in a lethal way.
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    A fighter coming out would be like poop. It'd be hot for about 5 minutes and then we'd all walk away.