Diaz is an easy payday for Pettis...

ParaffinAlienParaffinAlien Posts: 382Free
edited May 2013 in UFC
http://mmashare.martialfans.com/serious-mma-discussion-f1/pettis-up-for-easy-payday-fight-with-diaz-t65894.html

Pettis wins this fight eight times out of ten in my opinion but he's getting in a war and by no means is it an easy payday, underestimate a Diaz at your peril.
Post edited by ParaffinAlien on
' I started, I used to go off just instincts. Then they took head butts away, so I had to learn some skills.' Mark Coleman

'In three seconds were gonna go, you touch my eye and I'll break your fkin neck.' Bas Rutten.

'But it ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.' Rocky Balboa.

Comments

• cronicmmacronicmma Posts: 57Free
  • ParaffinAlienParaffinAlien Posts: 382Free
    Nate, see weight division
    ' I started, I used to go off just instincts. Then they took head butts away, so I had to learn some skills.' Mark Coleman

'In three seconds were gonna go, you touch my eye and I'll break your fkin neck.' Bas Rutten.

'But it ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.' Rocky Balboa.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,784Free
    diaz is not an easy fight, i would favor pettis but you cannot consider a fight with either diaz brother easy and certainly cant overlook em.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,571Free
  • Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,156Free
    I've always said that Nate Diaz was susceptible to headkicks. Thomson exposed that, so thats why I was so butthurt that he lost because I wanted Pettis to expose him instead. But now the cat is out of the bag. Pettis would kill him. Anthony Pettis by Headkick KO in the first round.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,946Free
    Pettis would seriously knock either Diaz bros block off.

They are tailor made for him to kick over and over again.. in the face.
  • ParaffinAlienParaffinAlien Posts: 382Free
    Za1994 said:

I've always said that Nate Diaz was susceptible to headkicks. Thomson exposed that, so thats why I was so butthurt that he lost because I wanted Pettis to expose him instead. But now the cat is out of the bag. Pettis would kill him. Anthony Pettis by Headkick KO in the first round.

uhm, fighters evolve, I imagine Nate would consider the possibility of it happening again, especially against someone like Pettis and put some hours in training to defend it. First round KO might be a little optimistic.

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,946Free

Za1994 said:

uhm, fighters evolve, I imagine Nate would consider the possibility of it happening again, especially against someone like Pettis and put some hours in training to defend it. First round KO might be a little optimistic.

1st RD KO.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,784Free
    Za1994 said:

if thats the case then why didnt cerrone ko nate with a headkick as well?

"Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,527Free
    PunchBag said:

Za1994 said:

if thats the case then why didnt cerrone ko nate with a headkick as well?

Too busy getting beat down and verbally assaulted.

• NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free
    nate does not have an answer for pettis
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

• ipso_factoipso_facto Posts: 1,023Free

Za1994 said:

I like Nate, but I don't think he's going to evolve in correcting the holes in his game while training out of the Gracie gym, which is primarily just boxing and jiu jitsu. It's most likely the reason Shields circuit trains at other gyms...and Nate switching back and forth between weight classes is not going to fix the problems. If he loses his next fight, he most likely will be cut. Considering that, he's not very smart calling out someone like Pettis.
    Favorites:

HW - M. Mitrione, C. Velasquez

LHW - K. Soszynski, A. Johnson

MW - B. Stann, T. Credeur

WW - M. Brown, M. Pyle

LW - J. Lauzon, N. Diaz

FW - F. Edgar, D. Siver

BW - D. Cruz, U. Faber
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,282Free
    Pettis future multiple title holder

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,415Free
  • Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,527Free
    If Nate could get him to the ground he would have success. As much as I like Nate he should avoid standing with Pettis. He should hit the weights and stop killing himself trying to make 155. He's just as big as his brother these days. He needs to get physically stronger and go up. He's one of the most drained lightweights on the scale.

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Nate showed he's human and can be stopped w/ strikes. With that in mind, and how predictable the bros. are I'd have to go w/ Pettis. Whether it would be easy or not I would doubt. Nate's a challenge
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • munkiemunkie Posts: 2,538Free
    Pettis either beats the living **** out of Nate for 3 rounds. Circle, counter, rinse and repeat for 15 minutes. Which would lead to another Diaz whine about how he's too dumb to use lateral movement, or whatever him and his sister cry about. Or, more likely, Pettis literally kicks Diaz's head off his shoulders late in the first round. I'd pray for the 2nd option, because I would lose my **** if I had to hear him cry, "Wah, wah, it's a **** move to step to the side to avoid my punches."
  • cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,114Free
    Pettis would kill this overhyped can...... B-)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4