Rosenthal to Be Sentenced on May 17, Calls for Fan Support

idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
edited May 2013 in UFC
i didnt even know he got busted! is he still reffing???

http://www.questionablestoppage.com/2013/05/rosenthal-to-be-sentenced-on-may-17.html

Well-known MMA Referee Josh Rosenthal is facing sentencing in a marijuana distribution case and his camp is hoping fans will attend and support Rosenthal at the courthouse.

Last year, an Oakland warehouse co-owned by Rosenthal was raided by Federal Agents who found over 1,300 marijuana plants with an estimated street value of over six million dollars. In January, Rosenthal plead guilty to conspiracy to manufacture and distribute marijuana and possession with intent to distribute as part of plea deal agreement. He now faces sentencing on May 17 at the US District Court in Oakland, CA. The government is recommending that he receive 37 months in jail, fines and five years of probation. If convicted, he would face up to 10 years in prison.

The final decision for sentencing lies with the judge in the case, who takes into account the government recommendation as well as other factors. According to sources close to the Rosenthal Camp, his defense team believes that a show of support by fans would be a positive influence on the Judge. They are calling for friends, supporters and fans of Rosenthal to be present at the Courthouse when Rosenthal is sentenced. The sentencing is scheduled for 10:00 AM on Friday, May 17th at the US District Court, 1301 Clay Street‎ Oakland, CA 94612.

Rosenthal has long been regarded as one of the top referees in the sport of MMA and has presided over a large number of high-profile UFC fights over the years, as well as appearing at Northern California Regional shows. It is the editorial position of Questionable Stoppage that it would be in the best interests of the sport of MMA that Josh Rosenthal serve the least amount of time possible.
Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
Just givin out the D
Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car

Comments