The GOAT St. Pierre Appreciation Thread

idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
edited May 2013 in UFC
I expect this thread to go over excellently. lets show your support for the greatest welterweight that will ever step into the octagon. george st. pierre himself.

Haters gonna hate. WAR GSP!!!

Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
Just givin out the D
Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car

Comments

• idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited May 2013
    U mad bro?? This thread is just as legit as all of the diaz brothers losses. If you dont have anything supportive to bring to a GSP Appreciation thread, the bellator forums are that way ------------------------------->
    Just givin out the D
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,159Free
    edited May 2013
    Yes I do appreciate how St. Pierre "helps" goats over fences. ;)
    Post edited by _TUF1_ on
    My milk shake bring all the boys to the yard, and they're like "Hondas **** is bigger than yours, damn right its bigger than yours." Step to the GOAT 12er and get clapped up knee grows.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147483/the-official-anderson-silva-got-ktfo-5-stages-of-grief-thread/p1

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,960Free
    The only GOAT GaySP knows is the stuffed GOAT in his closet that he jams his dong into every night.
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited May 2013
    What was your favorite GSP moment? Was it when he destroyed a former champion in two divisions considered to be a p4p legend and gave him the most one sided beatdown in ufc history until sonnen/silva 1 came along? Was it when he wasnt impressed by matt hughes performance and he came and took his legacy away? When he Fitched Jon Fitch? When he avenged his loss to a midget to body shots, or was it when he made a rape joke out of nick diaz and sent him into retirement?

id like to hear it
    Just givin out the D
  • NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free
    notimpressed.png
    916 x 967 - 2M
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

edited May 2013
    isnt that the american chick who blew the entire spanish basketball team at the olympics in order for them to throw the game against team usa?
    Just givin out the D
  • Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,165Free
    Respect. GSP is great. But Matt Hughes is the greatest WW to have ever fought in the Octagon.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free
    edited May 2013
    paugasolyep.png
    1143 x 744 - 1M
    Post edited by NeckCrank on
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

edited May 2013
    Za1994 said:

Respect. GSP is great. But Matt Hughes is the greatest WW to have ever fought in the Octagon.

which is why gsp finished hughes twice

when hughes was winning, he was fighting at a time where nobody knew how to defend against wrestlers. this was the only reason he had success. GSP took his legacy away. Hughes USED to be the best. But only at a time when MMA was weak and it was more about going for broke and just seeing who gets knocked out first, rather than trying to actually win your fights with consistancy and be dominant.

these days everybody has a black belt in jiujitsu, college wrestling, high credentials in different forms of striking. there is no way a one dimensional fighter would ever have any success in MMA today. Matt hughes would never be a champion if he came into the UFC even just a couple years ago. Most fighters just dont cut it if they only have one skillset alone. If you dont have a mixed bag, dont even try to compete anymore.

GSP has long surpassed hughes.The sport has evolved. GSP has evolved and has changed his ways and learned from his losses. Matt Hughes has not evolved, which is why 50 years later, he's still the same style fighter that he used to be and hasnt changed a bit, but the sport has. He couldnt utilize his wrestling in his last couple fights he tried to be a striker and got a little too cocky...tried to change it up and got KTFO both times. IMO Serra was robbed in their fight as well but that fight was stale anyways and they were both way past their prime.

though i would still love to see hughes make a triumphant return and avenge his loss to dennis hallman. sadly thats the only guy in the roster that he might actually beat today.
    Just givin out the D

Za1994 said:

when hughes was winning, he was fighting at a time where nobody knew how to defend against wrestlers. this was the only reason he had success. GSP took his legacy away. Hughes USED to be the best. But only at a time when MMA was weak and it was more about going for broke and just seeing who gets knocked out first, rather than trying to actually win your fights and be dominant.

these days everybody has a black belt in jiujitsu, college wrestling, high credentials in different forms of striking. there is no way a one dimensional fighter would ever have any success in MMA today. Matt hughes would never be a champion if he came into the UFC even just a couple years ago. Most fighters just dont cut it if they only have one skillset alone. If you dont have a mixed bag, dont even try to compete anymore.

GSP has long surpassed hughes.The sport has evolved. Matt Hughes has not, which is why 50 years later, he's still the same style fighter that he used to be and hasnt changed a bit, but the sport has.
    Hughes in his prime > GSP

It was already proven. Matt Hughes along with Tito Ortiz saved the UFC. GSP is great, but he has never had the legendary battles that Hughes had. Sure statistically GSP has surpassed Hughes, but Hughes in his prime was unstoppable and he used his wrestling more dominantly than GSP ever will...And he also finished fights. Hughes WW GOAT. I vote yes.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
    edited May 2013
    Za1994 said:

Za1994 said:

when hughes was winning, he was fighting at a time where nobody knew how to defend against wrestlers. this was the only reason he had success. GSP took his legacy away. Hughes USED to be the best. But only at a time when MMA was weak and it was more about going for broke and just seeing who gets knocked out first, rather than trying to actually win your fights and be dominant.

GSP has long surpassed hughes.The sport has evolved. Matt Hughes has not, which is why 50 years later, he's still the same style fighter that he used to be and hasnt changed a bit, but the sport has.
    Hughes in his prime > GSP

It was already proven. Matt Hughes along with Tito Ortiz saved the UFC. GSP is great, but he has never had the legendary battles that Hughes had. Sure statistically GSP has surpassed Hughes, but Hughes in his prime was unstoppable and he used his wrestling more dominantly than GSP ever will...And he also finished fights. Hughes WW GOAT. I vote yes.
    hughes in his prime? dude he literally fought so many cans that it made fedor jealous. sure gsp hasnt always had godly opponents lined in front of him but theyve always got a combination of at least two out of the big 3, wrestling, jiujitsu and striking. the guys matt hughes fought, if you take them down they dont know what the hell to do once the fight goes out of their comfort zone and the fight was already over. it didnt matter if it was hughes taking their back or dennis friggen hallman. its an easy win.

when exactly was hughes in his prime? the carlos newton days? come on. matt hughes was great but gsp has long since dethroned him and broken his title records and all of his accomplishments, not only that but he has finished him twice. and you look at the opponents of todays. all of the fighters hughes has lost to are all to guys who finished him and gsp has had no trouble at all with. though hughes is getting older, if you aint got it left in ya whats the point of still fighting? if you aint in your prime and a legit contender for a title, theres not really much point of competing when youre going up against the younger more evolved fighters.

hughes was good at a time where the sport was weak. the montreal canadiens have 24 stanley cup wins. does that make them the best team in all of hockey, considering that the sport has evolved, and now their franchise cant even make it past the first round in the playoffs each year??? well thats a bad analogy but come on.
    Just givin out the D

hughes in his prime? dude he literally fought so many cans that it made fedor jealous. sure gsp hasnt always had godly opponents lined in front of him but theyve always got a combination of at least two out of the big 3, wrestling, jiujitsu and striking. the guys matt hughes fought, if you take them down they dont know what the hell to do once the fight goes out of their comfort zone and the fight was already over. it didnt matter if it was hughes taking their back or dennis friggen hallman. its an easy win.

when exactly was hughes in his prime? the carlos newton days? come on. matt hughes was great but gsp has long since dethroned him and broken his title records and all of his accomplishments, not only that but he has finished him twice. and you look at the opponents of todays. all of the fighters hughes has lost to are all to guys who finished him and gsp has had no trouble at all with. though hughes is getting older, if you aint got it left in ya whats the point of still fighting? if you aint in your prime and a legit contender for a title, theres not really much point of competing when youre going up against the younger more evolved fighters.

hughes was good at a time where the sport was weak. the montreal canadiens have 24 stanley cup wins. does that make them the best team in all of hockey, considering that the sport has evolved, and now their franchise cant even make it past the first round in the playoffs each year??? well thats a bad analogy but come on.

Cans? No. Fedor is the P4P can crusher. Hughes fought EVERYBODY. Hayato Sakurai was destroying everybody when he and Hughes fought. Can? No. His record speaks for itself. Hughes fought everybody from the old school days. Was it his fault that nobody back then were as evolved as they are today? NO. Are you seriously giving me MMAMath? LMAO. We all know how awesome that works. =))

Right. I'll play along. Man, GSP's opponents are so tough. Dan Hardy, whew. So hard to finish. *Chris Lytle/Carlos Condit* Man, Thiago Alves so hard to finish. *Martin Kampmann*. Man, Koscheck so hard to finish. *Robbie Lawlor* Man, Fitch is so hard to finish *Big Rigg*. Can't forget Jake Shields, we all know that he is a beast *Ellenberger*. No, I'm not bashing GSP. I'm just showing you how retarded that logic is that your going by.

What are you talking about? Your talking like Matt Hughes is still fighting. LoL. GTFO of here with "though hughes is getting older, if you aint got it left in ya whats the point of still fighting? if you aint in your prime and a legit contender for a title, theres not really much point of competing when youre going up against the younger more evolved fighters. " You talk as if SO many GREAT fighters end their career on a high note. LOL NO. Most if not all the "Greats" find it extremely hard to hang up the gloves. Muhammed Ali, Tyson, Chuck Liddell, BJ and Hughes are PRIME examples of that. But I'm sure you know it all. ;))

I don't give a **** about Hockey. Matt Hughes legacy > GSP's legacy. Statistically GSP is great. But right now? If he retired right now? He will never have the legacy that Matt Hughes has. 10-15 years from now, people will still be talking about the great battles that Hughes had. The same can't be said for GSP. Hughes was at his very best in 2005/2006 *In his prime along with Liddell in that Era* Since you ASKED "when exactly was Hughes in his prime?" Why isn't GSP the greatest in my books? Because he doesn't finish fights. He MIGHT change my mind in his later years. After all, George is only like 31 years old. I'm not bashing George. I'm not **** talking George. I respect the way he fights. I respect the way he dominates his opponents for a 50-45 score card. I respect his technical and physical prowess. But as of right now? Matt Hughes is the GOAT of the UFC WW division. Until George proves to me, otherwise. Where did all of Penn and GSP's hype come from? Yep, thats right. From Matt Hughes. If GSP at least SHOW that he's trying to finish. Then maybe he'll top my list. Why do you think Bendo doesn't get as much flack? Because its very obvious that he's trying his hardest to HURT his opponents. To FINISH his opponent (exception for the Melendez fight). Can't say the same for GSP. But like I said, George has a good 5 years to prove me wrong as he is in his prime right now. He still has time to change his legacy. 5 years from now my opinion might change of course. But as of right now? Matt Hughes is the WW GOAT.

All respect to GSP. But Matt Hughes legacy > GSP's legacy (Right now).

Represent Roufusport:
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • dcapp123dcapp123 Posts: 1,360Free
    troll thread GPS isnt even in top 5 p4p Demetrious johnson would KO him
    You Got Gotten to
    edited May 2013
    actually he is top 5 p4p get your facts straight. only anderson jbj and aldo are ahead of him. but after he knocks anderson out he will take his spot.
    Just givin out the D
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,588Free
    edited May 2013
    GSP is in my top 5 WW champs of all time.

1.) Hughes (2 reigns 7 defences, 5 finishes)
    2.) Miletich (4 defences, 3 finishes)
    3.) Penn (Beat the GOAT WW)
    4.) Serra (Beat GSP)
    5.) GSP (Couple decisions victories)
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    GSp gives his opponents the full fight to try and defeat him or submit him,they can't do either.
    What does happen is lots of jealousy and excuses after words.
    GSP doesn't try to really hurt anyone,i think that is why so many of these fighters mistake that to meaning they should have been able to defeat him but they simply can't.
    The Koscheck stand up Q/A was the best,he really laid it out there.GSP is the man.Just like Koscheck you can't put any reason why you didn't beat him,you just can't.KOS came to that realization as many others have as well.

Really only Condit seem to bounce back well,all the other guys who lose to GSP seem demotivated,talk of retirement,never come back the same or just resort to excuses.

To be honest he is VERY beatable,i don't even think he is all that smart,it is just too many fighters try to play head games and want that belt so badly they can't remain focused in the ring.I think the fact GSP does not finish it gives too many fighters the illusion their fight will be easy,like they expect to win,then when they realize how tough GSP is ,they are stunned inside the ring.

GSP doesn't finish? He most certainly does,he finishes careers.Where is Fitch,Penn,Hughes,Serra,now Diaz,Koscheck once a top rated fighter is no longer even talked about.
    That Penn fight was most certainly a finish,deemed he could no longer defend himself and to stop further insult and damage Penn and his corner were as good as a TKO.It is always funny to hear people tal kabout GSP getting KO'd,Hardy was that guy,Alves was that guy,Koscheck was that guy,even the dillusional Penn fans thought he could KO GSP ,good luck.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,823Free
    zaksame said:

GSp gives his opponents the full fight to try and defeat him or submit him,they can't do either.
    What does happen is lots of jealousy and excuses after words.
    GSP doesn't try to really hurt anyone,i think that is why so many of these fighters mistake that to meaning they should have been able to defeat him but they simply can't.
    The Koscheck stand up Q/A was the best,he really laid it out there.GSP is the man.Just like Koscheck you can't put any reason why you didn't beat him,you just can't.KOS came to that realization as many others have as well.

Really only Condit seem to bounce back well,all the other guys who lose to GSP seem demotivated,talk of retirement,never come back the same or just resort to excuses.

To be honest he is VERY beatable,i don't even think he is all that smart,it is just too many fighters try to play head games and want that belt so badly they can't remain focused in the ring.I think the fact GSP does not finish it gives too many fighters the illusion their fight will be easy,like they expect to win,then when they realize how tough GSP is ,they are stunned inside the ring.

GSP doesn't finish? He most certainly does,he finishes careers.Where is Fitch,Penn,Hughes,Serra,now Diaz,Koscheck once a top rated fighter is no longer even talked about.
    That Penn fight was most certainly a finish,deemed he could no longer defend himself and to stop further insult and damage Penn and his corner were as good as a TKO.It is always funny to hear people tal kabout GSP getting KO'd,Hardy was that guy,Alves was that guy,Koscheck was that guy,even the dillusional Penn fans thought he could KO GSP ,good luck.

Grease
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    Simply the greatest welterweight of all time.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • OmahaOutcastOmahaOutcast Posts: 281Free
    Jake Ellenberger is WW GOAT....
    Jake Ellenberger > GSP

Robbie Lawler = GOAT

Scott Jorgensen #1 favorite bantamweight
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,557Free
    Keem said:

Just for the haterz..

P4P knockers
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    Gsp is probably the most underappreciated fighter in ufc history.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,577Free

Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,819Free

i knew you was a gsp fan boy disguised as a weidman fan.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,908Free
    Not a GSP fan but he is a dominant champion and a future hof'er
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    edited May 2013

Dude, your sig be like

Bonner-Bonnar-Bonner
    Post edited by Bandura on

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
    Bandura said:

Dude, your sig be like

Bonner-Bonnar-Bonner

Actually it should be Gina, Gina, Gina, Gina, Gina, Gina, Gina, Gina and some Michelle too...
    You don't Like Gina Carano? Use the Picture you Blockquoted from me on uhm yourself :) ,ty Sir! I appriciate it...

Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

edited May 2013
    PATSTER said:

GSP is the greatest point fighter of all time.

He's not even top 10 in terms of actual fighters.

Yeah man, he's the P4P fighter on the planet..........

= Point 4 Point fighter on the planet... HaH! I almost trolled u right @IDYB?

Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on